• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
This is kinda crazy, I think it is a big deal.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
If the choice is getting this SNES without the AC adapter and then buying a $2 adapter from a store if you need one, or possibly not getting a SNES Mini at all, well..
But I would definitely get in touch with Amazon and make the case, you might get $10 of credit or something.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
If the choice is getting this SNES without the AC adapter and then buying a $2 adapter from a store if you need one, or possibly not getting a SNES Mini at all, well..
But I would definitely get in touch with Amazon and make the case, you might get $10 of credit or something.

Sure, if it means having it versus not having it, I can see why you'd be willing to let it slide but that's not really the issue here. It's what Amazon does behind the scenes that is concerning. It may not seem like a big deal on a hard to get item, but what else are they being a bit shady on when sourcing product?

Metaldeer

Oct 28, 2017
Strange, I got one from a Lightning Deal in December, and it came with the AC adapter. I mean, it just uses Micro USB, so it's not really that big of a deal, if it didn't. The thing uses so little power, you could probably hook it up to a TV's USB port and it'd be fine.

Not really sure what's going on with Amazon and the SNES Classic, though. I heard about them not honoring pre-orders and just selling them on Treasure Trucks.

Mr. Lemming

Oct 25, 2017
I had gotten one of these without an AC adapter, reached out to Amazon, they gave me $20 to order an AC adapter. So I think I made a few bucks in the process for only a little bit of aggravation.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if you really want a SNES Mini, you're not going to skip it because it doesn't include a usb cable. I don't think that's going to make people refrain from buying. But it's a good thing to be aware of and you might be able to squeeze some cash out of amazon for the mixup.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if you really want a SNES Mini, you're not going to skip it because it doesn't include a usb cable. I don't think that's going to make people refrain from buying. But it's a good thing to be aware of and you might be able to squeeze some cash out of amazon for the mixup.

It actually comes with a USB cable, just not a plugin. So if you have a USB outlet on your TV you are golden. It is just slightly shady to be buying from a non-us distributor and having not told customers up front. Can't imagine Nintendo will be thrilled by this.

I just got an email back from customer service about my complaint and they are giving me a 30% discount. I am happy with that.

Oct 27, 2017
62V5weJ.png

This bit is odd here. Amazon.com is the official title for getting it from their warehouses. This smells like a 3rd party trying to be tricky to me.

This ^

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I've heard complaints of some of Amazon's official stock getting mixed up with 3rd party seller new stock in the warehouses for products with the same UPC/etc. Like they end up in the same bin in the warehouse or whatever. Wonder if that's what happened here.

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
Mine didn't bring one either. I was surprised to find out but I didn't doubt its legitimacy since Nintendo has done like something similar before.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Sucks that the adapter isn't included in this, but I power my SNES Classic with the pass through USB on my Bluetooth receiver for my stereo. Before that I used the USB port on my old TV. The thing is low powered, you can even use the PS4/Xbox USB ports with no issues.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" is the official one.

This seems incredibly shady. Should just go to Target and buy one. I saw five there yesterday.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've heard complaints of some of Amazon's official stock getting mixed up with 3rd party seller new stock in the warehouses for products with the same UPC/etc. Like they end up in the same bin in the warehouse or whatever. Wonder if that's what happened here.

No clue. They offered no explanation. The email was basically "Sorry you expected a plugin. 30% off or return it?"

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not really seeing the big issue here, then again I live in Europe and we didn't get an adapter with ours.

Why is Nintendo so adverse to including AC adapters in their console boxes?

Surely they don't cost shit for them and they fucking power the console.

Because it cuts down cost on having to provide the part plus in Europe each plug socket is different size, so it just makes sense to let the customers deal with that.

interesting, the EU model just assumes you'll have a USB cable lying around and that you'll connect it to the TV for power

no AC adapter either, I think it doesn't even have an input port.

The European model came with the USB cable, it just didn't come with the adapter. Also you made the mistake of assuming that EU means the whole of Europe, when it doesn't.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" is the official one.

It is the official one now. I am at work on mobile so I can't take pics, but someone needs to take a picture of their recent orders to show people so this stops being repeated over and over. This was 100% from Amazon. They wouldn't be offering me a 30% refund if it wasn't.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With how hard it may seem to find and how easy and cheap it is to get an AC, eeh, seems fair.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It is the official one now. I am at work on mobile so I can't take pics, but someone needs to take a picture of their recent orders to show people so this stops being repeated over and over. This was 100% from Amazon. They wouldn't be offering me a 30% refund if it wasn't.
I'm looking at legitimate Amazon products right now and that's what it says.

Asterix

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I ordered it during the lightening deal and received it yesterday with AC adapter included. My order page also says Amazon.com Services. Are 3rd party sellers even allowed to have lightening deals? I'm positive this is from Amazon themselves because all my other orders also say Amazon.com Services Inc.

Oct 27, 2017
Selling a product without the thing you need to power it seems insane to me. Also people defending it as not a big deal? You literally cannot use it.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have anything that's from a third party seller that says something different? Amazon.com Services, Inc. could cover items that are fulfilled by Amazon.
Is the real deal man, stop fighting the power. Let alone the OP says it was from the damn lighting deal. Third party sellers cant make their own "Lightning Deal"

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
https:///amazon-us-dispatches-snes-classic-edition-pre-orders-without-ac-adapter/

According to this they are legitimate but are meant for the Middle East. These units aren't distributed by NoA.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, other sellers can have lightning deals. I found one in my sales history that says it even. Anything not from Amazon just says "sold by: name of company" even if it was fulfilled by Amazon.

These are from Amazon. How many pictures of my Amazon orders with that name do you want?

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Now I see how Drumpf won. Even with proof, people would rather believe a lie.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Sounds like Amazon bought stock from somewhere else and flipped it without realizing the instructions were not for all regions.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I bought an SNES Classic in that last lightning deal, and I ended up getting a version without the adapter. Guess I'll be checking in with Amazon customer service...

I have a ton of adapters lying around, so that part doesn't bother me, I do agree that it is false advertising and it's worrying that NoA may not honor the warranty if there's an issue.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
The official power adapter has an output of 5 Volts, 1.5 Amps (1500 mA). If you happen to obtain a SNES with no power adapter, any USB power adapter with the same voltage and at least the same amperage will be compatible. My brothers even used a battery pack to power their SNES over the holidays to avoid making room to plug in the adapter.

Meeps

3D animator
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I received one of these from Amazon's first batch. I didn't open the box but apparently they're missing the collectible poster too.

More importantly, someone contacted NOA and they said they would NOT honor the warranty as it was from another region. Can't believe they're still selling these to people.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I just checked mine that came from Amazon and it does NOT have that sticker on the bottom and it does have the collectors poster. I don't remember having to find a USB cable for it so it looks like mine is fine.

For reference mine was preordered but was delivered a few weeks after release date.

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
Gosh, Amazon is still doing this? I'm glad I didn't bother with the lightning deal then. It was precisely this problem that led to me purchasing my US set from a scalper on eBay.

The Asia sets are easily available here in Singapore, but they're not very appealing to me from a collecting standpoint since it's missing the poster and the AC adaptor.

OP
OP
ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I just checked mine that came from Amazon and it does NOT have that sticker on the bottom and it does have the collectors poster. I don't remember having to find a USB cable for it so it looks like mine is fine.

For reference mine was preordered but was delivered a few weeks after release date.

No one has said it doesn't come with a USB cable. It's the AC Adapter that's missing.