• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Made a new thread since the latter was super under the radar. I had to go to the eShop to check (it wasn't showing on the website page). Oddly I didn't see an expiration date for the discount. So I wouldn't wait just to be safe.

UPDATE: Other FE games are also on sale. Cheapest seems to be Timberman VS. for 50 cents (USD or CDN?). So grab that for the 20% discount on PD! And the sale ends on May 27th (thanks tohlew!). Edit: Fly O' Clock is apparently 19 cents, so there's that also! :P Just check the publisher page on the eShop. :P

Sale tweet:

Anyway, update time!

The patch notes:

Changes in v1.3

NEW:
- Episode 0
- Super Weapon Mode
- New gameplay options: rumble, classic reticle, auto-aim zoom, HUD toggle, performance mode (60FPS)
- Cheatcodes in the main menu allowing the player to cheat in a campaign (god mode, infinite credits, super weapon mode)
- Gyroscope controls

IMPROVEMENTS:
- SFX system and sounds rework
- Multi-button fire (A and B)
- Input lag removed from all actions
- Camera rotation speed increased
- Easier and more responsive targeting system
- Full options access trough pause menu
- Blue Dragon motion re-work
- Start language based on console account language
- New, reworked Pandora's Box is now available after beating the game at any difficulty

No better time than now to get it!

Last edited:

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
So dumb how this was rushed out so it could be dropped at the same date as the direct.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I've been holding off because of some of the launch issues, but I'll check it out if it's getting better.

tohlew

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth noting that PD's publisher is having a sale on their other titles. The cheapest I saw was Timberman VS for 50¢, which saved me $6 on PD. The sale is over on May 27th.

Edit: Damn, I should've looked more! Fly O'Clock is even cheaper at 24¢!

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
For people who've played the original and the remake before these updates, do the updates make the remake on par or better then the original now? It seems to be addressing most of the issues I saw posted on Era and other social media sites.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought this a couple weeks ago :( I should have looked into the OT first to see that a major patch was coming. I will play it again at least but it would have been nice to save 20%

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They confirmed in that Twitter thread that the physical version will include this patch on the cart, good to hear.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just did Episode 4 using performance mode. The resolution is quite bad when docked (haven't tried portable yet) but it feels much nicer to play. The weirdest thing is, that the resolution is reduced across the board, even in menus. I wonder if that's intended or a bug. It's a shame they couldn't get the game to play at 60fps at a nicer resolution.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading now. I only played the first level and held off for this patch.

GenG

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to performance mode and the gameplay adjustments the game feels adequately responsive now and FUN to play. Gives me hope for Zwei.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
It's not necessarily dumb if those sales were needed to finance completion of the game.

Then tell it before release it to aware buyer, they said it a couple of day after when all the complaint were release.... This release was rush, no point to make excuse about it....

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know, im just really happy that this game was a success.

Nintendo directs work

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
It's not necessarily dumb if those sales were needed to finance completion of the game.
That's really dire if they didn't have the money to finish the game prior to release. They've now sold 3 million copies of their games on Switch. Granted most were at bottom of the barrel prices but still. They must be making bank, even before PD released they did 1-2 million.

Anyway, brief impressions!

This is my first time playing and I began with performance mode.

1. The CG intro is llllllllllllloooooooooooong! :P But it's shocking how well it looks like a Saturn/Dreamcast CG intro. Right down to it feeling "Sega"-esc. They did their fucking homework and I never played this on any platform before! I think the seemingly deliberately low framerate helps.

2. Looks like a fairly solid 60fps. I'm no Digital Foundry but outside of the boss intro it looks like a very sold 60fps. I did notice some rough draw-distance with the background objects like the temple just sort of loading into view like it did. Res definitely looks like 720p docked if I had to guess.

3. The gameplay is literally what Sky Chase in Sonic Adventure was based on, which makes sense as a number of Team Andromeda worked on it (Manabu Kusunoki!). I have to keep remembering this. :P Overall not bad for the first episode. But I quit after completing it and it implies I lose progress? That can't be right since it has a Continue option in the main menu.

Not too shabby so far! :D

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Downloading!

Turning (L/R) is soo much more snappy now.

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Kudos to the devs on taking in all the feedback and incorporating, really looking forward to trying this out

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
For people who've played the original and the remake before these updates, do the updates make the remake on par or better then the original now? It seems to be addressing most of the issues I saw posted on Era and other social media sites.
Well the FPS boost alone makes a gigantic improvement to the original. Plays like a dream now and the res hit on handheld mode isn't too substantial to me. Really its a pity we could't get the original graphics option as well as the art style/look of the game (world) might disappoint some fans of the original. But purely for gameplay? I think I prefer this one just down to the 60FPS option (gyro controls are nice as well).

2. Looks like a fairly solid 60fps. I'm no Digital Foundry but outside of the boss intro it looks like a very sold 60fps. I did notice some rough draw-distance with the background objects like the temple just sort of loading into view like it did. Res definitely looks like 720p docked if I had to guess.

Not too shabby so far! :D

Worth noting that PD always had the draw distance issue this isn't new to the performance mode. From what I remember from playing it pre patch, it just looks a little softer image quality wise compared to before (on the handheld) but the FPS bump is substantial.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I just played it and the gyro controls are trash. Really jerky and unresponsive. That being said, the game on standard controls feels much better to me, including the aiming.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What does auto-aim zoom do? After just the first level, lock on doesn't seem to feel that different to me, but maybe I need more time.

E: I switched off "classic reticule" and Chapter 2 is feeling better. Not sure if the two are related. Yeah I just got past the sand worms and the lockons are hitting like crazy, seems much better.

Also, still looks pretty good in handheld with performance enabled, yay.

Last edited: