• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Paramount Plus is up in the U.K. a day early. Seems the Amazon app is up to. Library seems decent.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Good to know. I may subscribe for discovery but I stumped up for the US subscription so sticking with that until the end of Strange New Worlds

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Will probably sign up once all the episodes of Halo are on there - doesn't really look like they have anything else of note at the moment.

Shame there's not a free trial so I can binge Halo without paying for it.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
It's basically my Star Trek streaming service, but all the same I am happy with it given it is a fraction of what Netflix costs.

there's no TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, Picard or LD lol.

Guessing due to pre-existing contracts.

SNW only has 3 eps even though US has 7.

anyway, cancelled, this isn't worth 99p a month

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
This will definitely be one of those services that only gets the 1 month a year binge and cancel treatment out of me.

OP
OP
Soap

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
there's no TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, Picard or LD lol.

Guessing due to pre-existing contracts.

SNW only has 3 eps even though US has 7.

anyway, cancelled, this isn't worth 99p a month
All classic trek is showing for me, as are the films. Picard and Lower Decks will obviously be on Amazon.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
If you click on "series" and then "all shows" this is literally all you see:

UyY4T4E.png

That's every show in "all series"

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Was thinking about signing up just to watch Scream.. until I realised there's no 4K plan yet

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
But if you search "Star Trek" you see a lot of other trek series:

6cjaiHS.png

Still no TAS, no director's cut of The Motion Picture etc, but a lot of shows available are hidden.

South Park is not in "Series", but is in "Brands"->"Comedy Central"

SCAxEtR.png

It is very dumb

OP
OP
Soap

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it seems to be unfinished because you go into various channel pages and it lists "all" and nothing else, and it then seems to missing a whole bunch of tiles from the section.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
So sad we have all these options except the one I truly want and will get day 1, hbo max...
Yet nowhere to be found.
Fuck licenses.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
But if you search "Star Trek" you see a lot of other trek series:

6cjaiHS.png

Still no TAS, no director's cut of The Motion Picture etc, but a lot of shows available are hidden.

South Park is not in "Series", but is in "Brands"->"Comedy Central"

SCAxEtR.png

It is very dumb

Any idea if the paramount exclusive specials are included with South Park?

It would also seem that a lot of Paramount content has disappeared from Now TV. I believe a 'small' selection of the Paramount stuff will be on Now TV too

Feb 24, 2018
Okay I never understand this, Disney did the same with shows like The Madnolorian when they launched Disney+ outside the US as well, shows like Strange New Worlds and Halo are already out in the US, why are you still trickle feeding these shows week by week with only like 3 available at launch for everyone?

Like is there actual logic to this because it just seems like it encourages piracy especially in an era where people don't like getting spoiled. Like it seems to defeat the purpose of a convenient streaming service.

OP
OP
Soap

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anywhere I can see the full line-up of what's on Paramount Plus UK?

Also is this getting a PS4 or PS5 app?
No idea. I haven't been able to find a full list and the app isn't giving a clear picture right now. As pointed out above some things are showing on one page and not another, and from what I can see they are adding things. I presume we will have a better idea by tomorrow during the "official" launch date.

Oct 25, 2017
Are the classic Star Trek series on Netflix in the UK? They aren't on Paramount+ in Finland presumably because they're on Netflix right now, and I wonder if they're going to leave Netflix at some point here.

The P+ app is terrible on Android (phone) and Android TV.

OP
OP
Soap

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Are the classic Star Trek series on Netflix in the UK? They aren't on Paramount+ in Finland presumably because they're on Netflix right now, and I wonder if they're going to leave Netflix at some point here.

The P+ app is terrible on Android (phone) and Android TV.
They are on Netflix in the U.K. No idea what the licence situation is in Finland in that case.

flip

Oct 25, 2017
With the free Sky thing, are the shows only accessible via Sky hardware/software, like the Q box, or Sky Go app? Or can you use the P+ app?

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
On fire stick if I type Star Trek I can see the new show and "7 day trial for P+" but nowhere else is P+ listed or showing a catalogue.

Deleted member 59

Installed the android app on my phone. Might check out halo with the free trial. If it's good I'll sub once all aired

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
7 quid a month seems too high for what they offer.

Thought I'd get it free as it was supposed to be free with Sky Cinema, but apparently that's through Sky only, and having Sky Cinema through another provider like Virgin doesn't count.

Deleted member 59

App isnt up on LG content store yet. I hope it launches tomorrow

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to watching Strange New Worlds now.

OP
OP
Soap

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having issues with 5.1 surround not working in the fire stick app?

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
It was completely unsaid in the announcements and promo material to date - afaik - but very happy to report that it is also available on the Irish app store with this rollout, with euro pricing. Going to see if I can tie it in to my NowTV or AppleTV apps, not sure what the story is there in terms of cooperation with Sky etc - would make it easier for me to watch on my TV if I can.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I'll probably need to wait until tomorrow since my sub is going to be through Sky.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
It was completely unsaid in the announcements and promo material to date - afaik - but very happy to report that it is also available on the Irish app store with this rollout, with euro pricing. Going to see if I can tie it in to my NowTV or AppleTV apps, not sure what the story is there in terms of cooperation with Sky etc - would make it easier for me to watch on my TV if I can.

You can just sign into the AppleTV app using the standalone credentials.

I don't think a Now TV app is coming imminently.

OP
OP
Soap

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Is it yet another streaming service in the UK screwed over by Sky nabbing the rights to everything ever?
It's an odd one. There are things missing like real monsters l, classic nick shoes, that are up in the US and I can't imagine they are tied in with rights disputes with Sky.