• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You'll at least get a pair of USB controllers.
Shit yea! And not just any usb controllers - bomb ass name brand ones! I just got home with it, and I'm very pleased. It's my first "frivolous" purchase I've done in a while.
Hell yea. Just picked up another one. Not even opening it.
I Plan on going back on Thursday or Friday to see if they have more. If they do, I'm going to buy another one as well

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up OP. Went and bought two more. One for my bro for his Bday and another for a friend for her bday.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FYI to mod this you still need a usb 2.0 stick or a USB hub- the console can't handle the power draw of usb 3.0. So if you plan on modding this (and let's face it, you aaarrrr), be aware there may be a hidden cost. The next version of the bleemsync app will supposedly somehow allow the use of any usb stick, but release date for that is not clear.

Akoi

Oct 25, 2017
WA
FYI to mod this you still need a usb 2.0 stick or a USB hub- the console can't handle the power draw of usb 3.0. So if you plan on modding this (and let's face it, you aaarrrr), be aware there may be a hidden cost. The next version of the bleemsync app will supposedly somehow allow the use of any usb stick, but release date for that is not clear.

Just solder the resistors on it and you are golden with any USB stick. Took like 30 seconds.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... shit. I said I wasn't going to buy this for this price earlier in the thread, but I had no idea the PSTV shot up in price. The PlayStation Classic is absolutely following in the PSTV's footsteps pretty much exactly. I guess if I really do want the novelty of having this on my shelf gotta drop this much, huh?

OP
OP
NLCPRESIDENT

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I mean... shit. I said I wasn't going to buy this for this price earlier in the thread, but I had no idea the PSTV shot up in price. The PlayStation Classic is absolutely following in the PSTV's footsteps pretty much exactly. I guess if I really do want the novelty of having this on my shelf gotta drop this much, huh?
Either that, or they'll just be gone. The pstv was fucking awesome. People needs change and things become more valuable. You know what I'd do for a 2019 Pstv? PSP games, vita, ps1, streaming apps, psnow, etc.. make it 4k compatible, with a lil remote. What? The thing was awesome. It was just introduced too early and the dualshock made it more expensive than it needed to be.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This is a good deal and around what I bought mine for. Once you hack and put your own games on there, it's pretty rad. Runs so much better with the retroarch Emulator as well. Also there will be updates that allow more USB drives and such to be used (At least with Bleemsync)

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
This is a good deal and around what I bought mine for. Once you hack and put your own games on there, it's pretty rad. Runs so much better with the retroarch Emulator as well. Also there will be updates that allow more USB drives and such to be used (At least with Bleemsync)
I was going to ask how the mod scene is for it. I would be completely fine with just getting an emulator on there that runs the games at a proper clip.

But I would absolutely love to get games on there that should have been on it to start with too.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to ask how the mod scene is for it. I would be completely fine with just getting an emulator on there that runs the games at a proper clip.

But I would absolutely love to get games on there that should have been on it to start with too.

I got one today based on this deal and can confirm that emulation is super easy. I'm extremely satisfied with the purchase and my only complaint is that the cords for the controllers are pretty short. I might get an 8bit-do brick to allow using wireless controllers with it.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
A couple of questions:
  1. How well does it run PS1 emulation with enhancements such as removed texture warping and 60fps support?
  2. Is there a way to add dual shock controllers outside of USB adapters?
  3. How much are loading times reduced with the alternative emulation?

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, all my Targets are sold out and this deal doesn't work with any online order including ship-to-store. RIP.

Leninpest

Oct 27, 2017
I bought one the other day with the intention of modding it, but I thought I'd try it out vanilla for a bit as well. Man... this thing is not good. No character to the menu and a bad game selection just meant that I scrolled around for a bit, started Tekken, saw that it was the European version (??? i read the reports beforehand, but seeing Sony Computer Entertainment Europe pop up was bizarre) and turned it off shortly after.

Very, very strange how shoddily the software was done considering how nice the packaging, case and the controllers are. I may just end up using the controllers for my rpi emulator box and not bother with modding, I'm undecided.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol

Do y'all even use the PSTVs that you copped for 30 bucks last year? This is just gonna collect dust like your NES Minis on your shelves.

woodypop

Oct 27, 2017
I was tempted to nab one of these from Target, but then I realized. . .
lol

Do y'all even use the PSTVs that you copped for 30 bucks last year? This is just gonna collect dust like your NES Minis on your shelves.
This is exactly what would happen with me, lol. Plus I'm too lazy to go about modding it and stuff. (But I do actually get some use out of my PSTV--love that little thing!)