• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I know there was just the GOG thread and a few threads about Epic games on the Deck and there seems to be some confusion regarding the ability to install games from these platforms onto the deck.

Well I am here to introduce you guys to Lutris

Lutris - Open Gaming Platform

Play all your games on Linux. Lutris is an Open Source gaming platform for Linux. It installs and launches games so you can start playing without the hassle of setting up your game. Get your games from GOG, Steam, Battle.net, Origin, Uplay and many other sources running on any Linux powered...

This essentially acts as a launcher for other platforms like GoG, EGS, Uplay, Humble and etc for Linux platforms. It also supports ArchLinux, which SteamOS3 is based off of, so it should work here soon if not at launch via community efforts

Once you are done setting things up you should get something looking like this
gog-screen.883e03f3c1fb.jpg

You can also install UPlay, Origin and others with Lutris too
game-clients.a24661a4ee8c.jpg

I do hope this clears up some confusion for people about what launchers will be available via SteamOS 3

Last edited:
OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh so still with huge compatibly issues. I'm hoping Halo MCC (online mp) and Infinite (MP) can get worked out. Otherwise ima have to slap Windows on this thing.
Thats an EAC thing on the MCC side, Farn on the Halo modding discord said it would be looked into this year in getting EAC to work. Considering how easy it is to update even old versions of EAC with Proton support, I am hoping we see it soon.

H2A still runs better on Linux than Windows which I find funny.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
One day I will figure out what I did wrong with Lutris. I installed it and FFXIV, my system promptly imploded and XIV refused to launch ever again. Steam worked perfectly fine. No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling ever made Lutris work again.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
The Flatpak for Lutris is in development. It's on git but not flathub. It would be nice to have that sorted for the easiest installation for newbies.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Game Pass is the only missing link here. Going to dual boot so I can keep my GP library, but I have very little worry about my non-GP games thanks to Lutris.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
So I can just install my games and run them straight from this?

No streaming?

My internet is alright but absolutely not consistent enough to stream games.

Seikca

Feb 21, 2022
Good old Lutris! I love how it lets you manage different Wine versions, so in case a game doesn't work with a specific version, you can just go an try a different one. I recommend checking Wine GE, works quite well with every game I've tried (from GoG, mostly).

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Good old Lutris! I love how it lets you manage different Wine versions, so in case a game doesn't work with a specific version, you can just go an try a different one. I recommend checking Wine GE, works quite well with every game I've tried (from GoG, mostly).
Can you set it per-game, or is it a global setting you have to keep toggling?

Seikca

Feb 21, 2022
Can you set it per-game, or is it a global setting you have to keep toggling?
Yes, you can set it per-game! Right-click the game and go to the configuration menu, there should be a "runner" tab that let's you choose wich Wine version you'd like to run. There's also a whole lot of options to mess around if needed too.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, you can set it per-game! Right-click the game and go to the configuration menu, there should be a "runner" tab that let's you choose wich Wine version you'd like to run. There's also a whole lot of options to mess around if needed too.
That's amazing. Will have to check it out.

Seikca

Feb 21, 2022
That's amazing. Will have to check it out.
Just remember that you have to install those versions you want to use, either through Lutris itself or through Github (like the GE build I linked before. It has install instructions, it's just dropping a file on a hidden folder).

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Just remember that you have to install those versions you want to use, either through Lutris itself or through Github (like the GE build I linked before. It has install instructions, it's just dropping a file on a hidden folder).
I won't be able to try this out until I get my Steam Deck but thanks for heads-up. Sounds pretty easy to use - I'll probably stick to the GUI.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope I'll be able to play my Epic Game Store version of Borderlands 3 on Steam Deck.

Have the whole game and season passes and don't want to rebuy it on Steam. Actually have the complete collection on stadia too, but only because I got it for $1.