• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Now that Nintendo has completed their E3 Direct, and some games are popping up for pre-order, Nintendo has updated what games can be purchased using the game voucher.

Nintendo Game Voucher

Personally, Pokemon and Links Awakening is looking like a good opportunity to save a few bucks on first party Nintendo games

EDIT Additional Info: purchasing the voucher also gets you 500 gold coins which is equal to $5 off a future purchase. So in all, you can get $25 off total Nintendo purchases. And if you intend to get some games this fall, it seems like a no-brainer.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This is all i've been thinking about with the recent releases. Haven't bought the vouchers yet though, currently waiting on some eshop credit to come my way before I do.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I want to buy more but NA strangely has it limited till July.
Will definitely get another pair, should work with Luigi's Mansion and Dragon Quest But I'll try and wait to see if eShop cards go on sale

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Since I still have access to it, Gamer's Club Unlocked is a better deal and you get a physical copy, so these vouchers have no value to me at the moment.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I'm debating between Link's Awakening and Pokemon Sword...

Or Link and DQ11...

I'm not sure which to go for. I feel DQ11 might drop in price more than a Pokemon game though.

OP
OP
APerfectOrganism

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
This is all i've been thinking about with the recent releases. Haven't bought the vouchers yet though, currently waiting on some eshop credit to come my way before I do.

Right? Buying the voucher also nets you 500 gold coins. So I'm thinking I could get a discount on something current using gold coins and get the voucher for some future releases

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Aw man, was hoping Luigis Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing would be added to this.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Fire emblem and Mario Maker for me right now.

Tho I might switch to Pokémon & Fire emblem. Mario Maker is going to need some time for the community to make a ton of great levels

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to check how many vouchers you have remaining?

...I can't remember if I used one or not. I can't find my eShop receipt with my payment method. I know I used one, but I think I forgot to use my second one on another download.

Gonna get Fire Emblem and Link's Awakening!

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just looking through there are 6 games this year I want on Switch from now to the end of the year despite getting no $60 game since Smash, they really did stack the second half of this year huh? Will probably grab Luigi's Mansion 3, Zelda: Link's Awakening, Astral Chain, Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem, and Dragon Quest 11.

Do we know when this offer ends?
July 31st

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Already bought 2 awhile back, will be getting atleast 4 more, maybe more if I find a good deal on eshop credit.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Might consider this for Mario Maker and Marvel, but I'm still waiting to see how Marvel performs.

I don't think I can handle sub-30 frame rates and it looks like it could chug.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
It's so weird how they'll stop selling them 7/31.

I used a pair on marvel and Mario maker. I'll have to buy 3 more packs.

If you have a Costco membership you can get 50.00 cards for 45.00. 15.00 off new releases, plus the 5.00 in gold coins, is awesome.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably get 1 voucher when Mario Maker launches, which I'll use for Link's Awakening. Then maybe I'll get another before the sale ends to get Pokemon and hopefully Luigi's Mansion, which I'll be shocked if it isn't included.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for Marvel Utimate Alliance 3 reviews before I bite but I'll probably end up using these on that and Link's Awakening.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Going to wait until end of July to buy these.

I still have my Gamer's Club from Best Buy thing through September. Trying to maximize the use of these vouchers.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Not a great deal for folks with some GCU left, but it's better than nothing I guess.

Man I'm gonna miss GCU. Wish I had stacked my subscription for another decade.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Personally, I always buy Nintendo games physically because they keep their resale value really well. I'll probably sell stuff like Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion when I'm 100% done with them and probably get €45 for it.

Except Animal Crossing, I'll want that on my Switch, always.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reminder OP! I need to buy a few voucher sets sometime soon. At this point I'm just waiting for Luigi's Mansion 3 to show up. It's odd that they haven't given it a formal release date yet.