• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
Kind of surprised to see this many people negative on the vouchers, especially considering that when it was first announced it seemed like there was a lot of interest.

I've personally purchased my first bundle nad plan on getting another pair relatively soon. I tend to play digital on Switch so that I can carry a great library with me wherever I go.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are some good Micro SD cards?

I need a decent one if I plan to start buying more digital Switch games.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
To take advantage of the voucher we have to buy digital right? And the voucher is good for 1 year
?

So if I grab LA now I can still use it for AC?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Once you buy them, you can redeem them at any time how you see fit (for eligible titles)? Like I can wait to see how Fire Emblem reviews before I commit? Or do I have to commit when I buy the vouchers?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
To take advantage of the voucher we have to buy digital right? And the voucher is good for 1 year
?

So if I grab LA now I can still use it for AC?

Yes only digital versions of Nintendo select games through eshop are eligible. Vouchers are eligible to be used from 1 year of purchase (365 days from voucher purchase date). Games need to be at least pre-purchasable, as long as that's the case you are fine.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
If you get a pair of vouchers, do you have to use one immediately? For some reason I was under the impression that was the case.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can u stack the gold coin bonuses?

Like get gold for purchasing voucher then more gold for redeeming on each of the 2 games?

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
If you get a pair of vouchers, do you have to use one immediately? For some reason I was under the impression that was the case.

Not at all. Bought a pair yesterday and you can just hold on to them. It asked if I wanted to use one right there, and I did, but it seemed like I could have just as easily said nah

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all. Bought a pair yesterday and you can just hold on to them. It asked if I wanted to use one right there, and I did, but it seemed like I could have just as easily said nah
Oh, that's awesome then. Thank you so much for the info. I guess I've only got 3 games on my radar (including SMM2 for the single player content pending reviews) but I could always gamble for another first party game of interest by the end of July. That's great to know though. I thought I'd have to pick up SMM2 either way and then choose LA later.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bought one pair for Mario Maker. Waiting for Fire Emblem to become available.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to use one on DQB2 but you can't buy the season pass separately? Went to MUA3 instead.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I may get for Pokemon and something I really can't wait for a $40 sale, don't know what tho.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
It's a good deal, and I will use it if 2 digital only games come out that are priced at $60 but I am gonna be sticking with physical for now. If you go digital though this shit is a no brainer.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to add some other games and let this run for longer. But i was going to pick up nsmb deluxe.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably buy a pair in time for Mario Maker 2 and the use the other one on DQ Builders 2 or FEH next month. Not sure how I feel about buying vouchers for something like Pokemon that's still a few months away.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Be warned its pretty quick and direct if you use a voucher on a game, at least on the website. No secondary confirmations and such, just clicking on redeem voucher when I bought Super Mario Maker 2 ... bought it. I wanted the game so no big deal at all but when I normally buy a game on eShop (or psn/xbox/steam/etc) there is usually at least one confirmation page showing what I'm about to buy and how much I'm gonna pay, that step kinda felt missing.

Might be better on the actual switch itself, like I said I knew I wanted SMM2 so I'm fine but I was kinda more experimenting with how vouchers worked and was surprised at how fast it got bought.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
It's pretty easy to get $100 in eShop for $80. Last week I was able to get 2 $50 for $80 using a $10 off promo code on Raise, not sure if that's still active. Add in the $5 in coins, $75 for two Nintendo games is a steal.

I have 3 vouchers now, was really banking on Animal Crossing...

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It's a digital GCU for eligible Nintendo titles. It's a really great deal. About to buy my third set.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No Animal Crossing available. What's up with that.

The vouchers are good for a year, and they'll almost certainly be redeemable for AC when it drops next spring

It's pretty easy to get $100 in eShop for $80. Last week I was able to get 2 $50 for $80 using a $10 off promo code on Raise, not sure if that's still active. Add in the $5 in coins, $75 for two Nintendo games is a steal.

This guy gets it

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

I did the exact same thing! Feels good haha, and now Raise emailed me a code for $10 off an order of $100 or more and I'm eyeballing it like a crazy person. Probably not gonna bite, but the deals are decent

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
These aren't coming back, are they? I just saw a promoted tweet of Nintendo's for the game vouchers even though they've been gone for a while now. The tweet was from June, so it wasn't a new one, but still weird that it was promoted after the cutoff.

Didn't grab a screenshot sadly.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
These aren't coming back, are they? I just saw a promoted tweet of Nintendo's for the game vouchers even though they've been gone for a while now. The tweet was from June, so it wasn't a new one, but still weird that it was promoted after the cutoff.

Didn't grab a screenshot sadly.
I wouldn't be surprised if they come back for another limited time, but as far as we know they're done now. I think they're still available in Japan and maybe other countries so it seems like they still see potential in the program.