• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Just added to Sony's server page.
Online servers for DRIVECLUB, DRIVECLUB VR and DRIVECLUB Bikes will shut down on 31st March 2020, 23:59 BST. All online features (including online multiplayer modes) will cease on that date. You will still be able to play and enjoy these games in single player offline modes. However, the games have significant amounts of online gameplay, so from 31st March 2020, functionality will be affected in the following ways:
You will not be able to:
  • Use your season pass online.
  • Represent your Club online in multiplayer events or tours.
  • Play online multiplayer and compete in challenges.
  • Create your own events.
  • Compete in leader boards, or share stats and player progress.
You will be able to:
  • Use your season pass on all single player and offline modes.
  • Continue to play all game (DC, DC VR and DC Bikes) and DLC single player functionality in offline mode.
  • Earn trophies in single player / offline mode.

PlayStation will cease selling DRIVECLUB, DRIVECLUB VR, DRIVECLUB Bikes and all DLC and season passes related to those games from 31st August 2019, at 23:59 BST.
Yes, even the VR game that's nearing it's 3rd birthday.
I'm pretty sure this is a first, considering they usually leave the digital versions up if the game is still playable offline.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Slightly misleading there. They are not taking it off PSN, they are delisting it from sale. Taking it off PSN would suggest that current owners cannot download it any more.

Still sucks.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Nothing to see here y'all. Please go home.

Just sweeping it under the rug like they have a vendetta for the thing.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty ridiculous if they didn't license the cars for more than a few years. They should still be able to keep the servers up regardless, though.

GART9000

Feb 23, 2019
Isn't this a first party game? It's always seemed like they treated this game like a red headed step child.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
W-H-Y, WHAT THE FUCK, because of car licenses!? jesus christ who fucking made that decision to not license the cars forever(if that is indeed the reason)?

all digital future can kiss my ass

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
No. Nooooooooo. I hate this. Driveclub forever (although apparently not).

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm a bit annoyed to be paying $60 a year now with less games and they can't even keep their 1st party MP servers up. Like i'll give them the car licenses, but the MP really bothers me.

But the same thing happened to multiple Forza games has it not?

Someone can correct me if i'm wrong. But while some Forza games have been removed, I believe you can still play them online.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation will cease selling DRIVECLUB, DRIVECLUB VR, DRIVECLUB Bikes and all DLC and season passes related to those games from 31st August 2019, at 23:59 BST.​

Y
i
k
e
s

Really enjoyed these games

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Forza does this too because of licensing. its just a store delisting, you'll still be able to download and play them if you own them.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sony needs to stop being awful about these things.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, did no one play this either, like Gravity Rush 2?

But the same thing happened to multiple Forza games has it not?
You just have to bring up Microsoft, huh. Also they don't shut down Forza servers, you can still play all of them online with retail copies or previously purchased digital copies.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
When breaking my heart with the shutdown of Gravity Rush 2 severs wasnt enough. One last ride with the homies. Fuck Sony for closing Evolution.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I have never seen such an incredible game be so brutally handicapped by external circumstances. Driveclub deserved so much more.

Buy and play this masterpiece while you still can.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie... Between server shutdowns like this and the reduction in PS+ games, I doubt I'll be renewing my subscription.

I get delisting it since licensing is tough, but they could at least leave the servers up. It's a first party game

As in, you can't play them online?

iirc, the auction house is shut down for Forza 2. All the other functionality and all the other games work fine.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit. Even to these days, I'm amazed at how good Driveclub looks.

Sony continues being terrible supporting their own games.

Nov 23, 2017
I don't see why they should confuse/cannabalize sales of their other similar first party game gt sport though. I can see delisting it from sale...

But no player who bought it should have the ability to play online or whatever taken away. That's ridiculous.

kauec

Chicken Chaser
Dec 27, 2017
Brazil
Will I get ALL content if I buy the game + Season Pass? I'm not interested in the VR stuff and I can't find a complete package in my store.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
what?

Z1QNaeL.gif

Wasn't this actually really good (after the patches and stuff?)

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
I dont think we can top how short of a liscensing period activision gave the Deadpool game.

DriveClub lasted a good amount of time for being non-existent.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
Things like this makes me worry how we go around perserving these games. Hell, I didn't expect the decomission list to have so many games listed on there.

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
What the fudge

Edit: Can they at least decrease the Gold Star requirements on every event and have big fame multipliers so we can finish the game before then?

Last edited: