• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Just got the email:

We're not quite ready to reveal the launch date for the FINAL FANTASY PIXEL REMASTER Series on console, (currently listed tentatively for May 31st) but we can tell you it's fast approaching. For our teams to process your order so you receive your FINAL FANTASY I-VI Collection /FINAL FANTASY I-VI PIXEL REMASTER -FF35TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION in time for launch, we will need to start taking payment starting Wednesday, April 5, 2023.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
So what we looking at? Mid-late April for release?I got a serious FF itch that needs scratching right now

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
Ha, joke's on you Square Enix. You can't charge me if you wouldn't sell it to me in the first place!

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
This is so weird. I didn't even know you could pre-order at this time. Was there a trailer or announcement?

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the reminder to cancel the Switch LE. Preordered the Asian version in the meantime.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Hope lots of ppl cancel so there is additional inventory for me to order one

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
March 31st in the EU. Why the fuck are they being so secretive with the date?

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
March 31st in the EU. Why the fuck are they being so secretive with the date?
Because they want to announce the release date at the anniversary stream where they announce FF9 remake, Tales of Ivalice: war of the lions, FF Versis XV, FFXIII -Trilogies of cocoon-, FFXVI-2 and World of Final Fantasy XI. This leaked months ago.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Already paid mine off, now to continue to play the waiting game.

This is so weird. I didn't even know you could pre-order at this time. Was there a trailer or announcement?

No; they literally dropped an announcement and then being able to preorder in the dead of night like 2 months ago.(it was around 1am eastern time U.S.)

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine they just shadow drop these 😭

I'm more worried they're going to release them early June and just let them get completely steamrolled by FF16.

Still utterly baffled by every step of the release for these things. It's a gift that's been giving for almost two years now.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Wonder why the release date is such a big secret. I could see if they had an advertising deal at one of the shows like a nintendo direct or something but that's clearly not the case here.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I won't have money until the 11th. Anybody know how many (or even if they will) times/days Squeenix will retry payment until they cancel?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I would love for Square Enix to be charging me next week.

Instead VGP is taking my money and I'll be getting a non-US version of the game.

Funny thing, if I could reasonably trade versions I probably would…

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
I tried everything I could to get a physical PS4 copy of this game. This whole situation fucking sucks.

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
I managed to get a pre-order but I'm still shocked how poorly handled this was

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Square Enix badly underestimates how much people want to play these old games. I think they're going to be really surprised at how well they sell when they launch properly.

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
"OK, time to take your money!"

"So that means there's a release date?"

"No fuck off."

WHY are they being so weird with this release.

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
Maybe they are waiting to show the date in an event. It's the only reason I can think about.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Square Enix badly underestimates how much people want to play these old games. I think they're going to be really surprised at how well they sell when they launch properly.
I don't think it's that. They know the games will sell, but they have a firmly established history of spreading the release dates between platforms like this (I'll be crying in PC when XVI releases this summer). Presumably it increases sales over time with double-dipping? And I think it's equally telling that the Pixel Remasters aren't launching on Xbox yet. I assume, same with 7R, they're waiting on that Game Pass deal.

Square are clearly a big enough and capable enough company to handle simultaneous platform releases without all this ambiguity and confusion when they want to. They're specifically choosing not to, fairly consistently, and presumably the reason is money.

I'll wait until the digital versions release before considering buying these. Given how poorly they run on PC, and how they have handled mainline Final Fantasy ports in the past, I don't have a lot of confidence in Square Enix.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
"OK, time to take your money!"

"So that means there's a release date?"

"No fuck off."

WHY are they being so weird with this release.
From what I understand, this is how preorders from the Square-Enix store always work. It's an absurd model.
They really fucked up this physical release. Pre-orders should have adopted an LGR approach - open orders for a set amount of time and then close them off. Or just don't limit the fucking physical release.