• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Alongside Every NPC. Every enemy design. Practically the entire game.

I know there's the mega leak thread going on right now, but I felt this aspect of it goes far beyond the other leaks, and I thought it would be prudent to warn everyone. Be careful while browsing; I got spoiled by accident while browsing the shithole that is /v/. And now news articles are going to be springing up and youtube videos.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Yeah, I feel like we should have Spoiler thread dedicated to it since we know so much now.
And there's a looooot to discuss.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Thanks for the warning, gotta dodge spoilers for the next few months.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The warning is important, but I disagree with active discussion about the leak's content. If we give leakers that kind of attention, it'll just give them more incentive to continue leaking stuff.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
The warning is important, but I disagree with active discussion about the leak's content. If we give leakers that kind of attention, it'll just give them more incentive to continue leaking stuff.

The leaks are out there now, and the leakers couldn't care less about Era. And it's only the beginning, there's still 800 Go from the 1 To ransom.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Fuck sake. And because of shit algorithms I can't watch anything Resident Evil 8 now because YouTube will be like "You liked that RE8 trailer? Well if you liked that, here's a video with a massive spoiler in the title/thumbnail called 'I can't believe Chris eats Ethan at the end of RE8 with cutlery made from the boulder he punched in RE5!!!!' about RE8. Enjoy."

Appreciate the heads up.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I know they don't care, but they only leak because they know it gets attention. Personally, I think it'd be encouraging that behavior.

But that's just my opinion.
No. They leaked because they want Capcom to give them fifteen million dollars.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Had a look through them as I don't really care about spoilers.
It all looks very interesting. Some cool designs for the bosses.
Hope it plays well. After the let down that was Re3make, I am a bit wary.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe not the right place to ask but I'm assuming Capcom is currently attempting to locate these leakers and not sitting down taking this colossal L, right?

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
Still gonna buy the game as a huge fan but also don't want to really go in blind as I haven't really been into what I've seen.

srylain

Jun 15, 2018
Considering how much of RE7 was going for shock factor, I'd imagine that seeing these leaks would potentially ruin a great deal of the intended effects when doing a first playthrough. Hopefully we can all stay safe enough from not getting spoiled, for those that want to go in blind.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. They leaked because they want Capcom to give them fifteen million dollars.
I know they wanted that. And I'm glad Capcom didn't give in. But my point that they asked for money or they would leak because it'd get attention. They probably knew Capcom wouldn't pay. These people don't deserve the attention they're seeking.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
6_brSnKi671g5ZYWvABvtMdOBhwqN43d0vHmnAvKwdo.jpg

Oh, those disgusting screenshot/spoiler sites. I mean there's so many of them, though. Which one? Which one did he post them to?

I know they wanted that. And I'm glad Capcom didn't give in. But my point that they asked for money or they would leak because it'd get attention. They probably knew Capcom wouldn't pay. These people don't deserve the attention they're seeking.

Bah... you're right. This was a shitty thing to happen...

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I think making threads like these just makes things worse lol
I knew about the leaks but I didnt need to know that the whole plot was out there. This is how the whole TLOU2 circlejerk started back in april.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Would paying a ransom ever work? I would assume the theives would still hang onto the data after claiming to give it back. Just a lose lose so no reason to even entertain paying.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks for Capcom but generally when a game releases it's basically leaked within a few hours/days. I don't see this as a different situation. Just stay away from the leaks and enjoy the game. It looks fantastic. If I ever get a PS5 this will be the first game I get.