• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
I know the last thing this forum needs is another TLOU2 thread, but from posting in the official and spoiler threads I've noticed that most people have missed this. It really adds an added dimension to the game so I wanna make sure more people are aware

In the accessibility options. There's a mode to have it where the game enters slow motion while aiming. The real treat however is that you can set it so every time you swipe right on the trackpad the game enters slow motion. You can do this anytime, and it stays in slow mo until you swipe again.

It's actually fun as hell. Makes the game feel like SuperHot in a way. I don't use it all the time, but it's damn cool to activate it once in awhile when shit gets hairy, and the choreography you can pull off is John Woo/John Wick levels of amazing.

Best part is you can completely ignore it. But trust me, it's cool as hell. Give it a shot if you haven't already

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
This games accessibility options are amazing. I hope more devs pay attention to this aspect of the game.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
This was in the last two uncharted games too.

Great for people that need /like it.

Very immersion breaking though but neat on a later play

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty cool how some of these accessibility options originated as gameplay modifiers in Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy; there's thief vision which evolved into their color blindness settings; bullet time and anti gravity mode were pretty fun in some of the uncharted 4 and lost legacy set pieces.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know the last thing this forum needs is another TLOU2 thread, but from posting in the official and spoiler threads I've noticed that most people have missed this. It really adds an added dimension to the game so I wanna make sure more people are aware

In the accessibility options. There's a mode to have it where the game enters slow motion while aiming. The real treat however is that you can set it so every time you swipe right on the trackpad the game enters slow motion. You can do this anytime, and it stays in slow mo until you swipe again.
Days Gone has something like this already. And it's awesome.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh damn, I thought this was a special mode you unlocked after completion. Didn't realise it was an accessibility option. I wanted to test it just to admire animations.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I didn't know about the only-while-aiming option. I only saw the trackpad thing, but I'm playing with an Xbox Elite controller. Having it slow mo only when I aim would be perfect. I'm so over trying to aim with a stupid analog stick.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
after all that hullabaloo, it turns out it was the Matrix all along

(this is really cool as a feature, I should add)

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Really?? I never even noticed, bullet time would be fun to replay with. By the last two games you mean Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy?
Yes. It's not called bullet time but it's definitely there. I think in the modifiers section along with low gravity etc.

www.polygon.com

Uncharted 4 modifiers let you do some pretty bonkers stuff to the game

Watch on YouTube | Subscribe to Polygon on YouTube Uncharted 4: A Thief's End includes a suite of unlockable renderers and modifiers that allow you to turn the game into an absolute circus. You can...

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I opened this thread expecting an unlockable like in Uncharted but this way more doper cause it's available at the start

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Really?? I never even noticed, bullet time would be fun to replay with. By the last two games you mean Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy?

Its actually in most Uncharted games iirc, they were just labeled differently and required you to beat the game first

(Maybe they were added to the earlier ones in the remasters... now I'm not so sure)

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
I am really fumbling with controls... I need to check this out. I put the slo-mo aim on at first but them turned it off.

I know I wish run and dodge were mapped to the same button. I need to play around with the settings and see if I can find something I like.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Favorite part of this thread: Bullet time.

close second: Acknowledgement of the absurd amounts of needless TLOU2 threads/hot takes/"let's talk about this" outside of the OT.

As someone who's trying to avoid TLOU2 spoilers and just TLOU2 media in general, it's become challenging coming to this site and seeing 5-8 new TLOU2 threads a day that I have to put on ignore.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up about this OP, I gotta try it out next time I boot up the games

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Tried this a few minutes ago. Pretty cool. Makes it a bit easier to get headshots and conserve ammo.

markavacado

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it's a really great feature that makes me feel like I'm playing Max Payne during some of the human combat. Input is a little finicky though.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Do you have any idea what you've done?
179412969001202.gif

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I already predicted all the way back, world class first-party studio with a game + amazing accessibility options and they're not even considering/implementing gyro-aiming...

Baffling honestly... : /

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i dunno i liked crawling my way through enemy encounters while invisible more