• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
fallout is a treat and encased is supposedly super good

giveaway this year being great so far. only two repeats for me

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking surely the fallout symbol could be... fallout. But I didn't expect the classic fallout games. I'm not sure how many platforms I own that game on now. I hope it's a sign of a new turn based fallout on the horizon!

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I have the original fallout trilogy on every launcher now. Fallout 4 being 7 years old should put it in the running, but no.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I have the original fallout trilogy on every launcher now. Fallout 4 being 7 years old should put it in the running, but no.

I wish someone would reissue the OG Fallout trilogy like those awesome Infinity Engine remasters from Beamdog (Torment, Baldur's, etc.).

The way they revitalized those classics was amazing and I'd love to see the same treatment with the Fallout IP.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Btw, in anyway shape or form if you bought Ubisoft Stadia games. You were refunded from Google and got Free Games in your PC Launcher from Ubisoft as well. I just checked and indeed its true. Basically, Google and Ubi gave you everything for free for some time committment at this point 😂.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
That captcha that EGS uses always is a bit disconcerting...

Ladybugs, known to be cute and cuddly. Not on EGS. They are some lovecraftian AI abomination.

To the point that I am not even sure it's the correct selection...
What are we training the AI to do? Those are not ladybugs....

XDaoy9o.png

Last edited:

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
That captcha that EGS uses always is a bit disconcerting...

Ladybugs, known to be cute and cuddly. Not on EGS. They are some lovecraftian AI abomination.

To the point that I am not even sure it's the correct selection...
What are we training the AI to do? Those are not ladybugs....

XDaoy9o.png
That looks more like some AI generated art of a ladybug, but from a barely trained AI

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Ladybugs, known to be cute and cuddly.
Ladybugs Are Poisonous, Fungus-Infested, Carnivorous Death Tanks
Ladybugs, or ladybirds if you live in the U.K. and have no idea what a bird looks like, are bright, colorful, and oh so pretty. They're probably neck and neck with butterflies on the list of the most socially acceptable insects around. If you call a little girl a ladybug, it's a sign of love and affection -- far less so if you call her, say, a mealworm. Other, smaller bugs, though, are not exactly fans of the polka-dotted beauty. In fact, if you could talk to one and pointed out a particularly pretty ladybug to it, its reaction would likely be along the lines of "OH JESUS FUCK, RUN AWAY." Because there's a good chance the ladybug wants to eat it.

Yes, those precious little ladybugs harbor secret contempt toward all life, especially the delicious kind. Strictly carnivorous, their diet is comprised largely of soft, defenseless little bugs, like mites and aphids. Their roly-poly, waddling body is actually a protective dome, allowing them to plow through a ton of cute little farmer ants and freely massacre their herd, even though they're oftentimes much, much larger. So yeah, not only are ladybugs cold-hearted murderers, they're cowardly bullies, too.

But at least they still got those cute polka dots we can stare at, right? Yeah, about that -- there ain't a damn thing cute about them after all. Those dots are nothing but a warning to other animals that ladybugs taste like shit and are poisonous. This poison can't hurt us, but it can definitely do in any fellow insect that the ladybug deems a threat.

In case the visual sign isn't enough, a ladybug will ooze its own rancid, toxic body fluids into a predator's mouth, something researchers refer to as "reflex blood," and something we refer to as "ewwwww." They'll even use this shit on rival ladybugs, infecting them with a poisonous fungus that kills bugs dead and leaves the victor free to chew away on the victims' children.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Odd it would be the standard edition as it's not even available to buy anymore. Guess they want to encourage that $6 upgrade.

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
I missed Encased. I had such a great streak but the last few months I missed 3 games. :/

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
That seems like a huge get.

Apologies for the additional notification but just want to express some appreciation for this thread: come for the constant free stuff, stay for the Leisure Suit Larry appreciation and the dank ladybug lore

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Nice at Death Stranding being free. My computer, a ThinkPad P50, doesn't have a chance of hell in running it, but it'll be there when I do upgrade my computer.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Epic website grinding to a halt with DS as expected lol. Will have to remember to try again later!

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Death Stranding might be a niche game but Kojima's star power showing its effect. I think the last time EGS storefront was this busy was during the time GTAV was offered as a freebie.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
lmao I just loaded up Epic to see if could finally 'buy' Death Stranding that was in my cart, for free. It took me to the checkout but was not free, so I backed out, then my language was changed to Spanish.......what the dickens is going on?