• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Screenshot-2022-12-25-173702.png

This is my library rn, I am downloading it rn too. 79 gigs.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Or... Epic is just getting hammered! :P

People couldn't redeem the fallout trilogy a few days ago so I'm not surprised.
Or... I know how 505 handle these things by what they did with Control... only the regular version is actually free:

Free: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/death-stranding

Not Free: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/death-stranding-directors-cut

I guess that Helix was lucky enough to get the Director's Cut by looking at the library...

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
Snagged the DC as well as the OG versions. Let's hope they forget about me when they start taking it back.

wFra6B8.png

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
Managed to get the regular version.
Anyone played both versions? Platinumed the original on ps4, but might be willing to give the upgrade a buy, and try it out on a gpu with rtx.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
Epic store must still be getting hammered. Trying to check out and getting nowhere

Edit: spoke to soon it finally went through

Oct 31, 2017
Or... I know how 505 handle these things by what they did with Control... only the regular version is actually free:

Free: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/death-stranding

Not Free: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/death-stranding-directors-cut

I guess that Helix was lucky enough to get the Director's Cut by looking at the library...

I knew about that as well but like I said, you couldn't redeem the Fallout games when they went free a few days ago so it wasn't necessarily a 505 problem! :P

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
I managed to get the DC version go through at 16:19, when did they swap it out?

It's still in my library for now at least, so I've claimed the standard version now just incase they do pull it as I have DC on PS5 anyway.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I knew about that as well but like I said, you couldn't redeem the Fallout games when they went free a few days ago so it wasn't necessarily a 505 problem! :P
Gotcha.
Even if I've already Platinumed the OG game on PS4 and the Director's Cut on PS5 as well, I'm still mad I didn't managed to get the DC on PC, I tried for 15 minutes but couldn't let it work, rip.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
I'll give the game another chance. I rented it from the library on PS4 and it didn't click that much back then. Now I have this and a Steam Deck. If I like it enough I'll just buy the DC version for Steam.

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
Well, despite having the email to prove that i claimed it, Death Stranding is not showing up in my library. Was gonna install it and nothing shows up.

Anyone came across the same bug?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Well, despite having the email to prove that i claimed it, Death Stranding is not showing up in my library. Was gonna install it and nothing shows up.

In the top left of your library, there is a small circle icon (two arrows pointing at each other). Click that to refresh and see if it appears.

Same thing happened to me, this fixed it.

gebler

Oct 27, 2017

Didn't download it yet, but I noticed yesterday that the EGS "Get" button didn't change into a "In library" button (as would usually be the case) when I first managed to claim the game. I got the email and it showed up in the account transactions, so I figured it was successfully claimed but not yet synced with the purchase/claim part of the web service. And now everything looks correct on my end (including being available for download in the launcher).

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
What the hell is wrong with EGS? Seems like no recent games, including Death Stranding (and my purchase of the Director's Cut), are showing in the library. I guess the servers are still borked?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is wrong with EGS? Seems like no recent games, including Death Stranding (and my purchase of the Director's Cut), are showing in the library. I guess the servers are still borked?
Have you tried the solution I gave above?

Refresh icon fixes this every time for me.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, I'm sure it'll resolve itself. If it's showing in your transaction history, you've got it.

Thanks for reminding me about the transaction history on the website. Took a look there and all's good, but started getting really concerned since my library in the app, when sorted on "recently purchased", showed fucking Dungeons 3 and Ghostbusters, lol.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for reminding me about the transaction history on the website. Took a look there and all's good, but started getting really concerned since my library in the app, when sorted on "recently purchased", showed fucking Dungeons 3 and Ghostbusters, lol.
It's just screwy because of the load. I've went through this same anxiety yesterday when I couldn't find it in library lol. EGS always seems to give me some kind of headache whenever I log in...