• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
As was said on the site, US and Japan only:

https://mariokarttour.com/en-US

It says the beta will start at 14:59 Japan Time.

That's 1:59 AM EST/10:59PM PST/12:59 AM CST/7:59PM HAST if you're in North America.

(This is incorrect. Disregard)

Last edited:

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I actually forget which account that I signed up under, whether it was my Japanese or American one. Well - I'll find out soon, hopefully!

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Invites seem to still be Japan only for now. The site said they would start going out yesterday but probably didn't because it was a Sunday.
Sounds like they forgot to properly announce the game
The site says that people aren't allowed to upload images or video. Not that it will stop people from trying, but I'm not sure if we'll get some sort of direct until near the proper launch in Summer.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope this plays like Grand Prix Story rather than regular Mario Kart. I got 8DX for portable MK.
patrice.png

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't able to sign up but I'm excited to see details of the game. Will be interesting to see how they monetized it and how the game plays. If they handled this game properly I expect it will be a massive hit.

If they didn't nail the monetization and gameplay then I expect it will quickly fade into the background. Hopefully they nail it though.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I signed up. I hope I get in. Eager to see if playing a Mario Kart game from my phone is as exciting as the proposition itself!

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Wonder when they will provide more information on the game. Expecting a video to be dropped at some point in the future. Maybe this week, not sure if they will do it after E3.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
NoA's started to send out US confirmation emails if you got picked for the beta, I just got mine.

They ended up randomly selecting who got in apparently, so even if you signed up you might not get in.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
NoA's started to send out US confirmation emails if you got picked for the beta, I just got mine.

They ended up randomly selecting who got in apparently, so even if you signed up you might not get in.

Came here to say the same thing. I wonder how they're going to enforce that "do not upload images or videos" note in the FAQ, btw.......

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I got in, but didn't get the actual code, just an email saying I got in. That's all people are getting right now, right?

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Correct. No idea how they're going to enable access (APK download, direct DL from Google Play) yet.
Pretty sure you had to sign up with the gmail of your Google account, so I would imagine just give it to you to be able to download it from the Play Store.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Sweet, literally just got the email saying I was selected!

I have yet to play a Nintendo mobile game I've really liked (didn't get far in Mario Run, AC Pocket Camp was too limited and too much F2P stuff, Fire Emblem I didn't love the small maps, and the dragon one I didn't even try).
Hopefully this'll be solid enough to hold my attention for a while.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
THANK you for making this thread.

Gmail users, check your promotions folder. That's where I found my invite. Probably worth checking spam, too.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet, literally just got the email saying I was selected!

I have yet to play a Nintendo mobile game I've really liked (didn't get far in Mario Run, AC Pocket Camp was too limited and too much F2P stuff, Fire Emblem I didn't love the small maps, and the dragon one I didn't even try).
Hopefully this'll be solid enough to hold my attention for a while.
I feel the same way, except some of those I enjoyed at first, and then realize they just weren't fun. I really hope Mario Kart isn't a gacha-ridden shallow game like Fire Emblem and Dragalia were.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I checked my trash folder in Gmail and whoop, there it is! Strangely excited for this despite being mobile only.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I got an email saying I was selected and they'll send me another email when the beta is ready to start.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
They sent me an email saying I got in, but no code yet. Didn't see it in spam either.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
will they actually send codes or is it already tied to your gmail account?
i don't remember if i signed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.