• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I don't understand how Nintendo even considering prohibiting posting screenshots and videos.

Most people aren't even going to read the FAQ. There will be tons of videos as soon as the beta starts.
I've been in some closed betas with NDAs. Nintendo could just watermark your username over your gameplay so if you ever do decide to stream or screenshot, your ID will be plastered all over it and they'll be able to act on that.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I got an email confirming I'm in. Just need to wait for my beta code.

MattD

Nov 4, 2017
I won't get to play the beta, but I'm still excited to learn anything about the game. Maybe we'll get some official info before it starts? If not, impressions from random people will be fine I guess.

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Now we just need a starting time. Would be nice to start at midnight, I wonder if Japan will start ahead of us.

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
I guess they will show something today or tomorrow? there is no way screen shots/video wont be released once the beta goes live.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think I had signed up, because my Nintendo email and the main email I use on my current google account are different, but apparently I signed up anyway, and apparently I got in.

Good job, past me.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wtf Nintendo hasn't shown or given any information on this game. I've never seen this happen in my life

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp had its reveal literally hours before it was soft-launched in Australia. No idea why Nintendo does this with their mobile games... but they do!
That's so weird. At this time it's already Wednesday in Australia and early morning in America. I mean that would mean we have to get some info today before the beta drops. That's if they follow the same pattern as Animal Crossing.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Why the fuck would they not want people to see this game
Probably because it's a beta and not a final version and they don't want people judging based on a beta which is designed to find problems with the game
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp had its reveal literally hours before it was soft-launched in Australia. No idea why Nintendo does this with their mobile games... but they do!
Happened with Pokémon Rumble Rush last week too

celebi23

Oct 26, 2017
Got in too. Come on next email. Interested in how Nintendo will approach a Mario Kart mobile game.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
So no one has received the followup email yet, right? I'm assuming it will be sent once the beta client is available to download.

OP
OP
Zippo

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I just read and translated the Japanese email Nintendo sent out.

It says the beta will start at 14:59 Japan Time.

That's 1:59 AM EST/10:59PM PST/12:59 AM CST/7:59PM HAST if you're in North America.

That's in about five and a half hours.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

That's 1:59 AM EST/10:59PM PST/12:59 AM CST/7:59PM HAST if you're in North America.

Can't wait! Really excited to see what the game's like.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018

Do we know how it's distributed yet? Do we go to the play store? Do we get an APK? Do we click a link?

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the fact that the game is getting a beta in 5 hours and we know nothing about it is... weird? Hopefully we'll get a trailer in an hour since it's the time Nintendo tends to release mobile trailers.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
It'll be on the Google Play store. They mention this in the original announcement page.
i guess im just curious as to how that works. will it release on the store but only be visible to our gmail accounts? Or will everybody be able to see it and download it, we'll just be the only ones to activate it? who knows!

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
blIeHkg.jpg

it is clearly fake but you get it lol

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
...So guessing no email by this point no entry ? I signed up 20 seconds after the announcement so im sad now

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting gameplay to be along the lines of tap icon to drift, tap other icon to boost, and tap another icon to send out item. I'd be very impressed if it's manual control over the kart, which would realistically be my ideal control scheme with the option of gyro.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
i guess im just curious as to how that works. will it release on the store but only be visible to our gmail accounts? Or will everybody be able to see it and download it, we'll just be the only ones to activate it? who knows!
I'm guessing the second option, but I think having it able to be downloaded by everyone opens it up to potential dataminers.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Just an hour more to finally know what the heck is Mario Kart Tour... I cant wait.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Someone please upload the APK file and send it to me as soon as you get it. Want to take a look at what I can find in the data but didn't get chosen for the beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.