• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It looks like what my younger self remembers Super Circuit on the GBA to look like. Looked at the actual screens and... goddamn.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Ok here's what we all saw comimg: character unlocks are the gacha mechanic. For example Luigi is a rare character. Each character has a special item.

HoFYG7w.jpg

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Some of you guys keep having these high expectations for those mobile games when Nintendo made it clear, that for the most part they are just a marketing tool for their console and core games.

Having said that ...I think it looks quite solid - pretty much in line with my expectations but no substituted for 8D or the upcoming 9.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Some of you guys keep having these high expectations for those mobile games when Nintendo made it clear, that for the most part they are just a marketing tool for their console and core games.

Having said that ...I think it looks quite solid - pretty much in line with my expectations but no substituted for 8D or the upcoming 9.
Yep. But i don't get why they delayed it. Maybe some problems with the development like with AC Pocket Camp.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. Gacha system is fine by me, and honestly I was already expecting it to appear in some form since you have karts and characters that can bring in the whales. Not doing gacha nowadays is missing big potential money.

Edit: right when I post that, it's out heh.Thanks Atheer.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I'm really just interested in seeing what Retro Courses they decided to include (or if there are any new tracks at all).

Can we get these in 8 Deluxe though.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Gameplay video mirror:

Nintendo won't be able to take gameplay off the internet with me around :P

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Also looks like there's character, kart and glider gacha? Please no, let it only be character gacha and the rest through unlocks...

One thing that sticks out is how slow it looks. I know Dry Bowser is a heavy a character, but yeah.

I wonder if the music is new or reused.
Dry Bowser and 50cc is not a good way to show the speed of the game lol

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I won't ever play it but I hope it makes Nintendo (and me) shitloads of money. That gameplay video isn't very inspiring though.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, playing through tutorial. Get two rare characters being toadette and Luigi, not sure if it's the same for everyone.

The movement is sliding to move left and right, accelerate occurs by itself. Getting a item box gives you three items instead of one like the original game, just tap once and you can use the item.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Steering is super duper sensitive. Like moving your finger only slightly or you'll drive off the road.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, playing through tutorial. Get two rare characters being toadette and Luigi, not sure if it's the same for everyone.

The movement is sliding to move left and right, accelerate occurs by itself. Getting a item box gives you three items instead of one like the original game, just tap once and you can use the item.
I got regular toad and peach, so they are random rares it seems.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
The tracks and music is really the part I care about here. Anyone with access to the beta, feel free to add to this list of tracks i've seen in the screenshot/footage so far:
  • SNES Choco Island 2
  • GCN Dino Dino Jungle
  • 3DS Toad Circuit
  • 3DS Mario Circuit
I'd also like to hear about the music. Reused from previous games? New remixes?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
You get 5 hearts that recharge. Each heart is good for one race with what looks like 15 minute recharge time. Each driver, kart, and kit hang glider have levels and those levels add up to give your total speed.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
The tracks and music is really the part I care about here. Anyone with access to the beta, feel free to add to this list of tracks i've seen in the screenshot/footage so far:
  • SNES Choco Island 2
  • 3DS Toad Circuit
  • 3DS Mario Circuit
I'd also like to hear about the music. Reused from previous games? New remixes?

GCN Dino Dino Jungle

Status
Not open for further replies.