• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Spent the last 30 minutes just putting in all my PS3 discs into my Super Slim and prompting patches to download.

I just bought a BC launch PS3 along with a bunch of upgrades for it (power supply, thermal paste, SSD, etc), so I'll be backing up my Super Slim to an external SSD tonight, then restoring all that data to my "new" BC PS3 in a few weeks.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking of changing the CMOS battery for a brand new one before the store shuts down and let it resync the clock, at least I'd push that down the line a little bit. I wonder how accessible it is or if it requires a full disassembly.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Spent the last 30 minutes just putting in all my PS3 discs into my Super Slim and prompting patches to download.

I just bought a BC launch PS3 along with a bunch of upgrades for it (power supply, thermal paste, SSD, etc), so I'll be backing up my Super Slim to an external SSD tonight, then restoring all that data to my "new" BC PS3 in a few weeks.
On your BC system did you get them to repaste under the IHS. That's what cause fat PS3s to overheat.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
That database posted here with all the patches has it in it.
Just an FYI: I'm in Canada, which should be the same NA region as the USA, and I was able to update my Drakengard 3 to 1.01.
I literally just downloaded and installed the patch for Drakengard 3. Digital USA copy.
Weird! I must be misremembering and thinking of another game, but I could have sworn it was Drakengard 3.

Jan 11, 2018
Is there a way I can force download an update without having to use the disc? I'm still waiting on my copy of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax to come in

Warszawa

Sep 30, 2018
I'm thinking of changing the CMOS battery for a brand new one before the store shuts down and let it resync the clock, at least I'd push that down the line a little bit. I wonder how accessible it is or if it requires a full disassembly.
Did it last week, just hit up iFixit, they have guides for most of the major PS3 revisions. Took me about 15 minutes, to swap out, PS3 boots up and asks you to sign in again and then its done.

I have a pre-slim fatty, not full backcompat, but with the die-shrunk cell. Its a an NTSC-J model I got primarily for 480p and Japanese PS1 Game support.

I just want to note one thing I have hated perpetually since the original PS1 is Sony abysmal track record with 480p and 60hz support. On PS2 a lot of PAL titles need forcing with GSM Launcher to run in 60hz and the bloody PS3 which has a HDMI port at the dawn of the HD era along with analog out and was launched pretty much when 60HZ support had been available since the Mid-90s on most European TVs will still lock Games to 50hz and 576i/576p when played on a PAL system with a pal game. Theres also a mismatch if you download and try and run PAL PS One Classics on an NTSC console because they don't support 576P/576i and likewise vice-versa a NTSC PS3 disc will not play at 576p on a PAL PS3

I know its a small thing but god is it infuriating, and thankfully the PS4 runs all titles at least at 60hz 480p at lowest rez.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
Sounds like we've had similar experiences with support. I've got items missing from my PS3 download list that aren't on the store and after an initial reply from Sony on Twitter, they've studiously ignored all my requests for help. I haven't even been able to start a chat on their website session properly.
They sent me an empty envelope for the PS VR camera adapter for PS5 back in November. Every once in a while I will call them and bitch and get a new case number and be told that it will be escalated to the "Adapter Team" like that is even a real thing. I continue to call them every few weeks for entertainment at this point and just to be a general pain in the ass to them. I have 8(!) different case numbers for the same issue. Each time I say, why do I need a new case number, and they say the last one wasn't entered correctly, and I say really X number of times it was wrong? Needless to say here is is 6 months later and I had to rehook up my PS4 to play Iron Man VR I bought over black Friday. Sony's support is absolute fucking garbage, and this is from a guy who has owned every PlayStation since the PS1. If I could find a Series X to buy I am ready to cut the cord. Between my own shit trying to get an adapter I can't get anywhere else, and this shit with the PS3 store and the PS4 CMOS battery issue Sony doesn't deserve my money.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Why can't I download games from the store?

your error is probably related to this if you have not turned on your PS3 in a while. You need to generate a device setup password to log in. Go to http://idp.sn/device-password and login. Click generate new password and use that as your login password on the PS3.

It's related to two factor authentication somehow.

edit: no idea if this works where you are in India. I had to do this a couple of years ago when setting up a PS3 to download that I hadn't used in a long time.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
They sent me an empty envelope for the PS VR camera adapter for PS5 back in November. Every once in a while I will call them and bitch and get a new case number and be told that it will be escalated to the "Adapter Team" like that is even a real thing. I continue to call them every few weeks for entertainment at this point and just to be a general pain in the ass to them. I have 8(!) different case numbers for the same issue. Each time I say, why do I need a new case number, and they say the last one wasn't entered correctly, and I say really X number of times it was wrong? Needless to say here is is 6 months later and I had to rehook up my PS4 to play Iron Man VR I bought over black Friday. Sony's support is absolute fucking garbage, and this is from a guy who has owned every PlayStation since the PS1. If I could find a Series X to buy I am ready to cut the cord. Between my own shit trying to get an adapter I can't get anywhere else, and this shit with the PS3 store and the PS4 CMOS battery issue Sony doesn't deserve my money.
Call them, don't mention any of your previous cases, tell them you need an adapter to be able to use the Move controllers in Dreams, ask them to manually send one since you can't use the request form due to the need for a VR serial on that form. Maybe give up an address of a nearby relative, willing neighbor if you think that can give you trouble.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
But is playable.

So...its perfectly playable on any modern TV made in the past 20 years without a problem?

You're arguing QOL improvements for these, NOT playability. and in the case of ZOE that's a poor port of a game that works perfectly on PS2 to begin with.

So my point stands, none qualify.

I cannot agree about ZOE. Something regularly dipping to teens is not what a lot of people would consider acceptable. So that matters in our decision making. It feels bad faith to discount it since it has a PS2 port. That's not the HD game now is it? Saying there's another copy of the game doesn't mean the PS3 game is not broken. At it is unacceptably bad to a lot of people.

I agree with your general point, but saying NONE so definitively does not help your argument.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
your error is probably related to this if you have not turned on your PS3 in a while. You need to generate a device setup password to log in. Go to http://idp.sn/device-password and login. Click generate new password and use that as your login password on the PS3.

It's related to two factor authentication somehow.

edit: no idea if this works where you are in India. I had to do this a couple of years ago when setting up a PS3 to download that I hadn't used in a long time.
I use my PS3 often

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
What facts are you relying on for the 99%? No games have been cited but no source for that has been cited from you either. There's no more onus of burden of proof for my comments than the percentages you threw out which are estimations by your own word. All I initially said is that there are many discs( and a small percentage of thousands of games can still be a significant number) that are in a 1.0 state and have post launch patches. Yeah saying they're coasters may fall into hyperbole which maybe is what ruffles your sensibilities.

So either we gonna keep deflecting back and forth, or we're done here.

Literally all of us in this thread know about any number of games we could pop in and see if they work. If you claim that there are games that do NOT work, it is on you, the person attempting to argue against the default assumption, that something works, to prove so.

It is pretty hilarious that you think that the vast swathes of games that absolutely work just fine without patches (I have played a bunch myself and any number of people in this thread can say so), is somehow invalid as an argument.

A reasonable person would assume a commercial product works as intended unless otherwise demonstrated because, ya know, typically if something doesn't work, those interested are preeeetty likely to hear about it. A game being unplayable on disk is often big news.

We are on massive fucking nerd website of hardcore PS3 fans, and no one can provide an exception to the assumption that these things actually just like, ya know. Work.

These are not equal positions.

A better position for you to try to argue would be perhaps addressing the fact that many DLCs require a game update to work. It makes sense that that would be the case, and all of us here have run into that sort of scenario. For example, iirc a few lego games do not work with the DLC until you patch them. And we've all seen patch notes that say in order to use the DLC please download patch 1.07 or whatever. In this case this is a positive assumption that all of us could make based on how software works, and we have all known examples of it happening. It's less of a proof that physical isn't always better, but still, most people who buy physical will download the odd dlc, and would reasonably expect it to work.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Sony really needs to put something in place for all of this.

I'm over here watching Viva Pinata from the Xbox 360 update (just one of MS's random updates for BC probably) while reading this.

It's a bit surreal. I don't even have a way (hardware) to update any PS3 games right now, so I guess I'm out of luck on anything I own there.

Kernal 64

#TeamThierry
Oct 28, 2017
NY

Yikes, that is some next level awfulness! I totally agree with your stance at this point. Aside from the PS1 and PSP, I've had all the Sony consoles. I haven't gotten a PS5 so far and at this point I don't plan to. I've been dragging my feet with getting my own VR adapter. I hope I don't run into this same foolishness from them. I've had 4 prior instances over the years where I had to contact Sony support and only once did they actually solve the problem. That was likely because I was trying to give them money and it wasn't working. In the other cases, they already had my money and it was pretty clear they had no interest in helping me.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to determine what version of a game is on your disc? I have the physical copy of Fracture and according to that big spreadsheet linked earlier, it should have a patch. But I've let the game install it's files to the HDD, but the XMB says the game is at the latest version. In game, trying to connect online doesn't find a patch either (I doubt the servers are even up for this game, but I figured it was worth a shot). Man, this whole situation is so frustrating.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Sony really needs to put something in place for all of this.

I'm over here watching Viva Pinata from the Xbox 360 update (just one of MS's random updates for BC probably) while reading this.

It's a bit surreal. I don't even have a way (hardware) to update any PS3 games right now, so I guess I'm out of luck on anything I own there.

Ha, fun. I just started playing the DS game the other day. Enjoying it right now. Almost as good as the xbox game.

coughlanio

Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
As a preservationist, I both love and hate what's going on right now. One one hand lots of content is going away. On the other, people are finally realizing that, yes, THIS is the digital future. You can point to MS, you can point to Nintendo, or really anyone. All of them delist things, Have fun with Games for Windows Live, the Wii or DSi eShops. Heck, the PSP store.

People keep handwaving the side effects of Digital, when I've been shouting from the rooftops that all digital releases have a time limit on them.

If you think your Xbox, PS5 or Switch digital purchases will be available in 20 years, you probably are diluting yourself.

This disaster, if it's what it takes for people to realize it, then maybe it'll be a nessearry evil. In the mean time... Support DRM releases and physical and otherwise.

The craziest thing, is that if the patch servers go down, it's maybe not the biggest deal for PS3, but look at how many games on PS4 were straight up broken at release, or didn't work at all. If the same thing happens for PS4 7 years from now, it's going to be far more devastating

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Can you actually download patches on a CFW PS3 or do you just mean applying patches downloaded on your PC beforehand?

I haven't used it, so I don't know if the former is possible. I do know the latter is though. You pull the patches from Sony's servers onto your PC and then install them from a USB.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I might also try and replace the battery in my Slim, if its not too annoying.

I guess custom firmware etc would get around any problems. But dont know much about it.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used it, so I don't know if the former is possible. I do know the latter is though. You pull the patches from Sony's servers onto your PC and then install them from a USB.

Okay, that's what I figured. I'm actually in the process of grabbing patches on PC now and it's quite the pain, but at least it's going.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Literally all of us in this thread know about any number of games we could pop in and see if they work. If you claim that there are games that do NOT work, it is on you, the person attempting to argue against the default assumption, that something works, to prove so.

It is pretty hilarious that you think that the vast swathes of games that absolutely work just fine without patches (I have played a bunch myself and any number of people in this thread can say so), is somehow invalid as an argument.

A reasonable person would assume a commercial product works as intended unless otherwise demonstrated because, ya know, typically if something doesn't work, those interested are preeeetty likely to hear about it. A game being unplayable on disk is often big news.

We are on massive fucking nerd website of hardcore PS3 fans, and no one can provide an exception to the assumption that these things actually just like, ya know. Work.

These are not equal positions.

A better position for you to try to argue would be perhaps addressing the fact that many DLCs require a game update to work. It makes sense that that would be the case, and all of us here have run into that sort of scenario. For example, iirc a few lego games do not work with the DLC until you patch them. And we've all seen patch notes that say in order to use the DLC please download patch 1.07 or whatever. In this case this is a positive assumption that all of us could make based on how software works, and we have all known examples of it happening. It's less of a proof that physical isn't always better, but still, most people who buy physical will download the odd dlc, and would reasonably expect it to work.

First I never made no such comment that certain games do NOT work, so perhaps you can point to where I made that exact statement. Let's address what I DID actually say:

Yep, pretty much seems like many post- PS2 physical discs are destined to become coasters, with the only exceptions being GOTY versions of games and the like which may have all content and patches already coded on the disc.

The term coasters, admittedly, was a clumsy choice of words inferring that the discs use all utility without the patches. I'm aware the literal-minded among us would take this as me saying that the games STOP WORKING ENTIRELY, when subsequent posts clearly expressed that what I meant was alot of discs feature 1.0 versions of that game and rely on post-launch patches to get them to their optimal state. I took accountability for this, retracted the sentiment about 'coasters' and clarified my position to something more sensible which I expressed in the immediate follow-up to the comment you quoted, directed at a different poster partaking in that discussion trail:

As I said above, admittedly the term coasters suggests they're literally useless/unplayable so I will backtrack on that as to improve the understanding on our parts. Mostly I mean alot of these games have post-launch patches that make the final product fairly different than what the disc contains. Playing the unpatched game therefore is ultimately a less than ideal situation. Would you generally agree with that?

The only thing 'on me' was to better phrase what I meant and intended and I did exactly that. So with that said, when the person I was initially speaking to drops numbers and percentages based on their own estimations, I'm well in bounds within the context of that discussion to ask what the source is of said numbers ( and I did so, and not in an antagonistic manner).

Last edited:

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about this the more I think I'll just grab a few critical title updates and dump the rest of my stuff. I don't have time to jack with Sony's nonsense.

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I am thinking of just saying screw it and hacking my PS3.

That way I can avoid the whole cmos shit and I can download any update I need.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
First I never made no such comment that certain games do NOT work, so perhaps you can point to where I made that exact statement. Let's address what I DID actually say:

The term coasters, admittedly, was a clumsy choice of words inferring that the discs use all utility without the patches. I'm aware the literal-minded among us would take this as me saying that the games STOP WORKING ENTIRELY. I took accountability for this, retracted the sentiment about 'coasters' and clarified my position to something more sensible which I expressed in the immediate follow-up to the comment you quoted, directed at a different poster partaking in that discussion trail:

The only thing 'on me' was to better phrase what I meant and intended and I did exactly that. So with that said, when the person I was initially speaking to drops numbers and percentages based on their own estimations, I'm well in bounds within the context of that discussion to ask what the source is of said numbers ( and I did so, and not in an antagonistic manner).

No one here being able to establish a real specific percentage doesn't matter. The amount of games where a patch is super important to be able to play reasonably well on PS3 is so small that only a couple examples have been posted here. Given the system has like 2000 games, it's more reasonable for someone to say "hey 99% of PS3 games really don't need a patch" than otherwise.

I don't really agree coasters is awkward wording for saying it is "different." That doesn't feel like rewording, that feels like you backing off your position when you got pushback. I never assumed you meant stop working all together. But even with hyperbole saying coaster gave an indication of needing very important patches. Saying merely "different" is a completely different world. That's not a change in wording your position or backing from hyperbole. That is a fundamentally different position altogether.

I'd say zone of the enders HD is a great example. It's playable and certainly not a coaster, but if you were to call it unplayable in hyperbole like, I'm not so bad faith as to purposely misinterpret that. I get what you mean. It's important to the game.

The problem is given how few games anyone seems to be able to think of that are very important i still don't think you can claim your position is equal to the claim that the problematic games are miniscule.

Saying that oh no sometimes they may be "different" doesn't even make sense with your argument. If they are merely different, and not missing something important that a patch fixed, then...what's the problem? Different is such a neutral word. If you are going to push an argument that it's a problem, then you literally need to argue that these games are missing important patches.

Remember, you are taking a playable physical game that may or may not be different than it could be with patches, vs literally not being able to access or play the game at all with a digital copy. Those two are not even comparable. That's not a remotely strong argument. If you want it to be strong, you need to demonstrate that there is a significant number of important PS3 patches that a reasonable person would agree are pretty vital to their respective games. But you can't, because there really isn't that many. I can't prove that, because that's a negative. Burden of proof is on the person who challenges the default assumption, in this case that things work as they're supposed to. We all know that the average disk you buy and put in your console works without a patch, for PS3. So the natural assumption is that that continues until we meet an exception. And so far we don't really know of any. It is clearly the majority. If you want to challenge that, it's on you to prove the positive that there are a significant number of these games that need important patches. If you can't even provide any, then "99%" isn't a weird crazy colloquial conclusion to make.

Your argument just isn't convincing because you can't like...bring one. In order to avoid kickback, you've just neutered your wording to be like, toothless.

I'm not against your entire argument, and I think the other guy was being pretty disingenuous (for example with ZotE as I said), but genuinely as someone who was reading the two of you argue, like, idk, it bugged me you acted like your positions were the same. Just because of you don't have literal number proofs doesn't make your positions equal on the whole, which you tried to kinda push.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
We're talking about being able to play the disc versions of a game WITHOUT a network connection in the first place (because the comparison is to a store and server being 100% down), so a network crashing issue is literally inapplicable to the discussion. Not sure you are making the point you thought you are here.

"Network crashing?" What are you talking about? The game crashes, full stop, unless you manually delete all of the newer DLC that causes the game to crash. That's NOT playable. And even if you argue that deleting the extra content makes it work again, on what planet is having to delete all of this DLC that you paid for okay?

See the above. We are talking about the vanilla version of the disc (1.0) being unplayable without a later patch, and none of the examples you are giving above apply. The assumption (since we are talking about preservation) is that you will be restricted to the on-disc content, and not have access to downloadable content or DLC. I'm not familiar with that issue with the keyboards, but I'm not willing to concede that "random loud noise that sometimes happens on 1 instrument out of 4" qualifies 1.0 as "unplayable without a patch."

So running the risk of blowing out your speakers or damaging your hearing is OK, then. Cool.

At some point, there is a need to ease off the hypothetical "well it's technically playable" and concede that it's not practical to use in a real-world scenario.

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
5dAvCII.jpg

eYaF6jU.jpg

No problem with SF3 Online. EU/FR
Same for Virtua Fighter Final Showdown (Digital PS+). EU/FR
Same for Dead or Alive 5 (Digital PS+)
Burnout Paradise Ok (1.90)
BioShock Infinite Ok (1.07)

But SoulCalibur V stay at 1.00 (no update ?).. this is Digital Version... maybe this version is fully updated...

Weird case... because even for an old game removed on PSStore like GTI Club+, my PS3 can find an update

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
5dAvCII.jpg

eYaF6jU.jpg

No problem with SF3 Online. EU/FR
Same for Virtua Fighter Final Showdown (Digital PS+). EU/FR
Same for Dead or Alive 5 (Digital PS+)
Burnout Paradise Ok (1.90)
BioShock Infinite Ok (1.07)

But SoulCalibur V stay at 1.00 (no update ?).. this is Digital Version... maybe this version is fully updated...

Weird case... because even for an old game removed on PSStore like GTI Club+, my PS3 can find an update
I haven't had a single game fail to update when an update is available yet, and I tested over 30 titles. I think the "Patch games now" title is kinda premature.

Nov 1, 2017
Gran Turismo 5 (XL) - NTSC
There are 27 updates for this game. Took while to download and install them but the game has booted up. Currently installing the game onto my SSD to ensure it works.

Gran Turismo 6 - NTSC
I forgot to count how many updates there were but... It took a long time to download them all. Upon booting the game up, it took an even longer time installing them. I lost count of how many hours it took (with an SSD no less). It did eventually boot up just fine though. If you're using a HDD, it might be wise to download and install each update separately.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I just don't care anymore at this point. My ps3 library is small. I have a launch 60gb in good working order. I should just sell it off but lord knows I can't bring myself to sell anything gaming related

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
I haven't had a single game fail to update when an update is available yet, and I tested over 30 titles. I think the "Patch games now" title is kinda premature.

I can play Online on SoulCalibur V, wich I supposed 1.00 for Digital Version is the latest patch.
Yes... for now... I think it's kinda premature like you said... more like issue on server... (maybe bc too many people DL games & patch Vita/PS3).

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Gran Turismo 5 (XL) - NTSC
There are 27 updates for this game. Took while to download and install them but the game has booted up. Currently installing the game onto my SSD to ensure it works.

Gran Turismo 6 - NTSC
I forgot to count how many updates there were but... It took a long time to download them all. Upon booting the game up, it took an even longer time installing them. I lost count of how many hours it took (with an SSD no less). It did eventually boot up just fine though. If you're using a HDD, it might be wise to download and install each update separately.
Didn't Sony close the online servers to both of these?

Online MP is not working right?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh fucking wonderful now my PS3's disk drive sounds all fucked up. I don't even know how to describe the sound. Like a fucking pond at night and you hear all the bugs and croaking?

If I clean it is that going to fuck the hard drive up?

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
No one here being able to establish a real specific percentage doesn't matter. The amount of games where a patch is super important to be able to play reasonably well on PS3 is so small that only a couple examples have been posted here. Given the system has like 2000 games, it's more reasonable for someone to say "hey 99% of PS3 games really don't need a patch" than otherwise.

I don't really agree coasters is awkward wording for saying it is "different." That doesn't feel like rewording, that feels like you backing off your position when you got pushback. I never assumed you meant stop working all together. But even with hyperbole saying coaster gave an indication of needing very important patches. Saying merely "different" is a completely different world. That's not a change in wording your position or backing from hyperbole. That is a fundamentally different position altogether.

I'd say zone of the enders HD is a great example. It's playable and certainly not a coaster, but if you were to call it unplayable in hyperbole like, I'm not so bad faith as to purposely misinterpret that. I get what you mean. It's important to the game.

The problem is given how few games anyone seems to be able to think of that are very important i still don't think you can claim your position is equal to the claim that the problematic games are miniscule.

Saying that oh no sometimes they may be "different" doesn't even make sense with your argument. If they are merely different, and not missing something important that a patch fixed, then...what's the problem? Different is such a neutral word. If you are going to push an argument that it's a problem, then you literally need to argue that these games are missing important patches.

Remember, you are taking a playable physical game that may or may not be different than it could be with patches, vs literally not being able to access or play the game at all with a digital copy. Those two are not even comparable. That's not a remotely strong argument. If you want it to be strong, you need to demonstrate that there is a significant number of important PS3 patches that a reasonable person would agree are pretty vital to their respective games. But you can't, because there really isn't that many. I can't prove that, because that's a negative. Burden of proof is on the person who challenges the default assumption, in this case that things work as they're supposed to.

Your argument just isn't convincing because you can't like...bring one. In order to avoid kickback, you've just neutered your wording to be like, toothless.

I'm not against your entire argument, and I think the other guy was being pretty disingenuous (for example with ZotE as I said), but genuinely as someone who was reading the two of you argue, like, idk, it bugged me you acted like your positions were the same. Just because of you don't have literal number proofs doesn't make your positions equal on the whole, which you tried to kinda push.

Saying 'many' games need patches to work optimally wasn't challenging the default assumption that most games are fine without them. If I had intended to make that claim then I would have said 'most' games need patches to reach a baseline of playability. That would have been an extremely bold take to make. The only thing that even 'infers' that notion from my end was the coasters comment.

And it was that realization that this particular phrasing neither heightened the discourse nor genuinely reflected what I know is the case that I, as you say, took a fundamentally different position in the interests of a good faith commentary. It was not, as you say, neutering my argument in order to avoid pushback but what I can't control, nor would I attempt to, is what you perceived my 'backing down' to indicate.

Last edited:

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
this is non-sense if Sony keep Demo PSP/PS3 Games of 12 years ago (Yakuza 3, GOW PSP, Patapon, LoCoRoco) , but remove patch...

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I think I'm good now. Ejected the disk and dusted the PS3's casing and the lip of the disk insert and now it sounds normal again. Maybe it's just Shadows of the Damned (and I'm pretty sure something fucky is going on with the lack of updates, because the textures just failed to load).