• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
México
So, I have been following the Luigi's Mansion 3 OT, and I have been seeing people ordering the game from several retailers at full price ($59.99). Sure, some people still have a Best Buy GCU membership, or maybe a Target Red Card and so on, but for people who don't have those options, there's Walmart.

Walmart has been selling all new games (including Nintendo's first party games) for $49.99 for a while now (at least all this year I think). I guess they really want people to go the electronics department.

For example, Luigi's Mansion 3 is $49.94 at Walmart, brand new, on release. This is for in-store only.

XT2rpR1.png

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Meanwhile in Canada, $79.99 :(

In Québec, we pay $91.97 taxes included.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
But that means I have to go to Walmart... and wait around for an hour so that somebody with keys can open the case.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Well, looks like most don't like going to Wal-Mart!

Then again, if you were smart, you'd just price match to get it cheaper.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably being selfish, but I wish it was an even deeper discount. Don't get me wrong, saving on new games is always nice but after taxes, you're probably only saving like 5-7 bucks so you might as well just spend the full $60 elsewhere.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm probably being selfish, but I wish it was an even deeper discount. Don't get me wrong, saving on new games is always nice but after taxes, you're probably only saving like 5-7 bucks so you might as well just spend the full $60 elsewhere.
I mean, you are also paying taxes on those $60. In the end is the same $10 USD discount.

TwoPikachus

Nov 15, 2018
That's pretty cool, but I'm not going to give any more money to the Waltons. I'd urge other people not to as well, especially on era, but I understand the allure of saving a tenner.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
You're paying those taxes elsewhere too though.

I haven't bought many new games recently but the few I have picked up, I got at Walmart because of this. Not quite GCU, but it's close. Biggest shame is that it's in store only. Can't even order for pickup and get the reduced price.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Damn @ people that would rather pay $10 more instead of putting on some gloves and going to Walmart.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
This has been their standard practice for nearly all new games at Walmart. They want to get people into their stores hoping they buy other stuff

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Games with a lower MSRP are also cheaper I think. I remember someone on Reddit getting Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition for Switch or around $42 or so. It's normally $49.99.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
This has been their standard practice for nearly all new games at Walmart. They want to get people into their stores hoping they buy other stuff
Yeah like I'm gonna buy a George suit jacket on the cheap with a copy of outer wilds

gtfo Walmart i know what I want, put the prices online.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this encourages Best Buy to bring back gamers club unlocked

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah like I'm gonna buy a George suit jacket on the cheap with a copy of outer wilds

gtfo Walmart i know what I want, put the prices online.
yeah my walmart is a shit show, I avoid it like the if at all possible, rather use target for their frequent sales and long return/pricematch policies

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
IT would be faster for me to download from home then it would be for me to go to Walmart, wait in those long ass lines, and then drive back home. Time > Money
I guess if you are digital only then yeah this doesn't mean anything.

But I buy a lot of Switch physical games so this is appealing to me.

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I've been taking advantage of this deal for a couple of months now. Not many places to shop where I am now so it's pretty much Walmart and Amazon. Really good for Switch games since they're evergreen titles most of the time.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did not know this. Thanks OP will probably grab it tomorrow.

Do we know of a Best Buy B2G1 deal yet? Usually they have one around this time.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I went to my local Walmart this morning and they didn't have the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah then you have to give money to Walmart tho. I did this for Zelda LA and it was an awful experience with an employee ignoring me during the transaction with no eye contact. I can't even blame them, they get paid garbage.