• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Again they could have just released trailer.
I wont act like I know whats going on internally. But I wont be surprised if their internal marketing found out that having seemingly pointless articles like this before the trailer is out can improve its visibility when there is a trailer out there. You are right that as far as we are concerned this article is completely poinless.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
But you can teleport from bonfire to bonfire for free, I thought nobody used packs, I've never used them... Maybe two or three times.
I use them because I am lazy to actually go to the nearest bonfire.

They better keep the 60FPS mode, I don't care about anything else.
Yep. I am not playing Horizon at 30fps again on PS5. Not happening. The 60fps mode is so good after the patches. But they could really increase the FOV. This is my only complaint currently.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I'm sure they will. But it's a little strange that they couldn't explain how they will, when asked, and just resorted to listing the same improvements over PS4 that the base game has.
Well they gave a example (encounter) and imo hinted at the design of LA with all the dense activities as reasons for dropping PS4. I think they could've talked about more reasons (if there are more), but it's not like they didn't give any reasons.

Last edited:

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely want to know why though? I like what about knowing how a game will play or what a story is about (surface level wise) is a bad thing? I get not doing it too early as game elements can change very quickly but when you like 6 months out I can't imagine they are still adding or removing substantial features.

Marketing teams simply like to follow their "scripts" and drip feed information because they think they'll reach more people this way.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
This is a completely different misreading of what's being said, because they aren't saying they're maximising the PS5's power with the DLC either, just that without developing with PS4 in mind they're able to better make use of it.

Harnessing somethings power doesn't mean to make 100% use of its power, which I re-read the OP to double check, and at no point do they say anything about making maximum use of any of the PS5's internals.
Yeah, I agree.

In retrospect it seems we are saying the same thing in a different way.

My bad for any confusion.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
When heading to the Burning Shores, Aloy will run into familiar machines and faces. But she will also discover new ways to explore her world.

"It was important to us to make the experience fun and joyful on its own outside of the main gameplay. The clouds are not simply immersive scenery but an explorable landscape in themselves. Among the clouds, players will be able to explore tunnels, caves, and other surprises that make for fun flying," says Andrew.

blog.playstation.com

Pushing the envelope: Achieving next-level clouds in Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores

Guerrilla’s teams detail how it elevated the series’ skyscape for the upcoming expansion.

52768853798_4381d104csieyy.jpg

52768780765_fbf15e612fofd6.jpg

52767826912_6a2f03c08lrevo.jpg

52768780595_f27cdf6c3jkizv.jpg

Det

Jul 30, 2020

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Those voxel clouds look impossible pS4 anyway. I really hope they push those clouds not just for graphics but also for gameplay where we can have sky chases wehere enimes hide in clouds and you have to search for them and vice versa. And why not altering the form of the clouds by exploding attacks to reveal them.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Not sure how meaty this will be, but I hope some of the DLC is interwoven into the main game areas because it feels like they created a bunch of spaces where nothing is going on.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Nice lighting effects on them.

Ty9iHnE.gif

Given how central a portion of the media released so far the Sunwing is I hope they're making it faster to travel round on. Wasn't too bad in FW as it wasn't a huge part of the experience but if it has a much bigger presence in Burning Shores then hopefully it'll get around a bit quicker.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting to zoom but going off that gif it looks about the same. The clouds do look nice.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020

Ty9iHnE.gif

Given how central a portion of the media released so far the Sunwing is I hope they're making it faster to travel round on. Wasn't too bad in FW as it wasn't a huge part of the experience but if it has a much bigger presence in Burning Shores then hopefully it'll get around a bit quicker.
This looks incredible

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
That's interesting, never thought about "exploring the clouds", I hope this means there's stuff hidden there and not just "hey this clouds kinda make a tunnel, isn't that cool?" but even if there is stuff hidden there how do you make sure it feels believable? Clouds move all the time.

Welp, guess I'll have to wait and see.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017

Ty9iHnE.gif

Holy shit !!

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Are they really just not going to show anything of this DLC until a week before launch? It is out in less than 3 weeks and we have legitimately seen no in-game footage. I really hate Sony's marketing these days. I understand it's more Horizon but we don't know anything about the scope or what is new to determine if it's worth the money. I also really hate the trend of being asked to pre-order games before even being shown footage. And yes, I know nobody is forcing you to pre-order but it still annoys me they ask for money without showing or telling what you are getting in return.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
So they finally confirm what we always knew: that needing to put base HFW on PS4 held back the scope, breadth, and gameplay possibilities for PS5.

We'll never know how much better HFW would have been if they had dropped the limiting PS4.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019

Ty9iHnE.gif

That gif just sold me. My PS5 needed a workout

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Ty9iHnE.gif

Wow

I can't wait to experience this!!!!

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
So they finally confirm what we always knew: that needing to put base HFW on PS4 held back the scope, breadth, and gameplay possibilities for PS5.

We'll never know how much better HFW would have been if they had dropped the limiting PS4.
And i suspect that Ragnarok suffered from the same thing

Soulymist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they really just not going to show anything of this DLC until a week before launch? It is out in less than 3 weeks and we have legitimately seen no in-game footage. I really hate Sony's marketing these days. I understand it's more Horizon but we don't know anything about the scope or what is new to determine if it's worth the money. I also really hate the trend of being asked to pre-order games before even being shown footage. And yes, I know nobody is forcing you to pre-order but it still annoys me they ask for money without showing or telling what you are getting in return.
It's awful.
The DLC is out in a few weeks but their marketing is all about CLOUDS CLOUDS CLOUDS!

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
My main problem with flying is how clunky and cumbersome it is. And a faster mount won't improve of any of my complaints:

Camera is too close to enjoy the scenery, stick down to go up, x to speed up (so forced to use the crab method to use the right stick), random camera moves (forcing me to constantly use the right stick to see exactly where I want because of super restricted FOV, but then you can't press X to accelerate).

All of that making it really not enjoyable at the point of actively findings ways to avoid using the flying mount (running, ground mounts or ideally teleports).

Last edited:

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
God I'm so ready to go back to HFW. Give me those volumetric clouds baby.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
It's a DLC, you already know how the game plays and the overall loop
They already said there will be a new big location, new machines, new story and new dedicated PS5 tech. What else do you need?

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
It's a DLC, you already know how the game plays and the overall loop
They already said there will be a new big location, new machines, new story and new dedicated PS5 tech. What else do you need?
To see any of the changes. What they have described doesnt excite me because the descriptions are really high level. They keep talking about doing things that can only be done on PS5 and I want to see what it is. They are trying make it sound like being PS5 only makes it a transformative and unique experience yet I haven't seen anything to justify that yet.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Tunnels and caves...in the clouds...?

I think people are getting caught up on this, when they say among the clouds they likely mean in addition to.
As in, yeah you can fly up there and also within caves etc.

I also think needing to have completed FW story is a mistake, there are a shed load of people who don't give a damn about jumping into sequels etc without having played the previous. Like what technical limitation was that for? Or was it money? Just let people buy and play it lmao.

Also it's a damn shame they spoiled what is likely the main encounter in the trailer, would have been awesome to have naturally come across that as I've been wanting that since H:ZD. I think we all knew it was eventually coming but yeah.