• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Out of the PS5 launch lineup this is going to be my secondary purchase (Sorry DS fans, although I am getting it, Souls games haven't been my thing).

This is the perfect launch-lineup game. It's right up there with the likes of Orphen, Dark Cloud, Kameo, PGR4, Ridge Racer 7, Genji and obviously BotW.

Having MTX sucks though.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
This is the problem with €70 €80 games, they have to do a whole lot more to convince people when it's not from an established series.

Everyone is just going to wait for this to tumble in price.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Not defending this but....people were expecting to publishers/developers to get rid of MTXs overnight because of the price increase?
If anything it will only get worse lol

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Interested in this, if only because I need something to distract me from Rocket League as my regular go-to multiplayer game.

Never played their previous game Switchblade (F2P) which this seems to be an evolution of - was it any good?

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020
damn. Micro-transactions at the price of $70 is a no go and i was super excited for this game. This would have been an absolute perfect game to launch as F2P and then you can throw the micro transactions in there to unlock skins and cars and all that jazz faster.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
$70 game that probably has micro-transactions? No thanks.

Screenshot_2020-09-29_at_16.33.21.png

This is what rubs me up the wrong way with the price increase. I am actually not against it since games do cost more, but then publishers want to have their cake and eat it by also putting in microtractions.

This game really does scream either a lower price or free to play. At $70 this game will bomb hard.

Violet Wren

Oct 25, 2017
$70 game that probably has micro-transactions? No thanks.

Screenshot_2020-09-29_at_16.33.21.png

I was actually all in on this as my first Next Gen title but this has absolutely soured me on the entire thing. I understand car combat isn't exactly the moneymaker it was in the late 90s but I miss Twisted Metal as a franchise and this looked to be at least something similar.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
So is there still a reason as to why we aren't getting proper gameplay videos of launch titles from both of these consoles? What are ya waiting for? These things come out in a months time.

They just showed the same 2min trailer we got months ago, and a couple of new screenshots. Can we get a video of an actual game being played?

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It is absolutely wild to me that they're pricing this at $70.00. Like, how? How out of touch with the industry do you have to be to price it like that?

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
This seems like it's only being put out on disc to exploit people who are going to just buy any PS5 game available, before it goes up as a PS Plus game in January/February.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I can see that I'm in the minority for really looking forward to this. Hope it turns out well.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The price of this is utterly ridiculous, f2p or $20 would make way more sense. It's like Sony wants this to fail, "hey look, no one wants multiplayer games from us!"

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I think the game looks like it could be a lot of fun but not £70 of fun.

If it was the normal £40 price, I might have taken a punt on it but definitely waiting for reviews and a sale now.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Game could have been huge if it was F2P from the jump tbh, especially considering it's releasing alongside the PlayStation 5. Maybe we would have had another Rocket League on our hands (remember when that blew up through PS+?)

There would have been no excuse to not jump in. Oh well.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Like seeing so many POC in the cast and I'm hoping the characters are not some lame stereotype.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Would potentially be interested but that price point is such a turn off

Maxroy

Dec 5, 2019
Launching this day one as a 'premium' title when Fortnite and potentially Rocket League will also be available at launch is so dumb.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm still shocked this game isn't free day one on PS+. Feels like it could have done well that way, because I can't see many people dropping £70 on it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Game could have been huge if it was F2P from the jump tbh, especially considering it's releasing alongside the PlayStation 5. No excuse to not jump in. Oh well.

It amazes me that nobody's looking at Warframe's continued success and trying to piggyback off of that. Warframe endures today because for a LONG time it was basically one of the only games you could play on PS4 at launch, which led to them building an incredibly devoted playerbase, which then supported the game long enough for them to refresh it multiple times with huge content updates that drew in players and allowed them to spread to other consoles.

How has NOBODY learned from this?

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like fun, but too much unknown for a $70 launch day blind purchase. And even if it's good, it screams "lost in the shuffle" this holiday at retail so I wouldn't be surprised if we see it for $20 to $30 off before the end of the year or at Least Feb. the only question is whether the online community will be active by the time it becomes a budget tilde imo.

a demo on launch day would do wonders, and I can't help but think it would be a great day 1 PS+ game for PS5 owners only

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like great fun but don't think I could convince my friends to buy it.

Some of the destruction and particle stuff looks insane

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
All concerns about pricing etc aside...

THIS looks gorgeous. And I love a car combat game. Interest piqued! WIll look forward to some hands on preview stuff.

50383878461_8702bc2887_k.jpg