• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
A tidbit I noticed during Sony's IFA conference today. Lock if old

PSN_MAU.png

https://youtu.be/bk0dr166ZS4?t=157

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

not exactly

in 2017 (one year ago) it was 67 million monthly active players on Steam. PSN (all platforms) already had 70 million as of March 2017.
Ah okay, I was confusing this with Steam's total registered users count.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Microsoft: Sony likes talking sales, they wouldnt dare use our measuring stick!

*goes to Era*

Microsoft: Oh fuck

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Microsoft uses MAU's: Era: MAU's are stupid, they suck

Sony uses MAU's: Era: WOWWWW thats a lotta Mau's! This is great!
I think it became a joke because once they lost hardware sales to Sony, they started pushing MAUs as the next best thing.

Sony on the other hand...they keep going up even though LIVE was stomping PSN for the longest time. (remember LIVE was the place to play MP back then...things have changed so much)

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
Microsoft uses MAU's: Era: MAU's are stupid, they suck

Sony uses MAU's: Era: WOWWWW thats a lotta Mau's! This is great!

But do you know why MS uses MAUs?

Combine that with the fact that Sony doesn't hide sales numbers.

But nevermind, all that matters now are hardcore gamerz.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
FYI if Sony was losing hardware sales to MS but pushing their MAUs, you'd get the same response MS did during the switcheroo era.

With Sony leading hardware sales and MAUs, its not really something to brag. WW sales are where people may "brag". Not sure why some are getting defensive, pretty clear this isnt all Sony has going for. (MS back then had MAUs to brag about but no longer its sales numbers) Its telling that LIVE got over taken. That wasnt a small feat but guess that will be ignored? It was pretty crazy when that was news back on GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.