• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
DUDE, LET ME IN
TRUST ME I AM A LAWYER
F6-B2642-E-4-D7-A-4-BF8-8-A3-C-CA0289-E9426-E.jpg

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
My first and only (so far) Yakuza game I played so excited to see a follow up (I was expecting it to be a one time thing)!

Sep 29, 2019
Excited for the reveal. I haven't been able to play the first one, but i have watched plenty of videos and i can't wait to get my hands on it [and the sequel too]

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh fuck yes. Judgement was so so fucking good

RgG studio are just the best

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
* Microsoft Store leaks the imminent release of Psychonauts 2 *

Playstation Store: Hold my beer

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
oh yeah! I'm so damn hyped for this, hopefully it won't take too long to release in the west!

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, can't wait for the outrage towards PSN leaking out an announcement one day ahead of schedule. After all, folks here were waving pitchforks at Valve for accidentally posting a trailer for SFV DLC early.

On topic, I'm glad a new Judgment game is coming as I was somewhat afraid it was going to be a one and done game series.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Judgment had a lot of good ideas that could hopefully be expanded upon in a sequel. After playing through all K2-7 over the course of one year...

I am very happy I'm not facing a year without an RGG game

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
The icon looks kinda fake, with those hands infront of the face, but i want to believe it.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
September is sooner than I expected for the Japanese release. Wonder what's in the season pass.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I bought Judgment on sale over a month ago, but haven't started it.

I've played Yakuza 0-6 and am a fan of the series. I recently started Like A Dragon, but I'm only a couple hours in. I can't play Yakuza games back to back without being burned out. Should I switch to Judgment?

I see that it's shorter than Like A Dragon, and while I enjoy the characters of Like A Dragon so far, it's combat isn't grabbing me a ton so far, and I'm not so invested in the story that I'm unable to put it on pause and come back to it.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Weird that the name in Japanese is also Lost Judgment. Guess they're dropping the Judge Eyes name

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, a new Yakuza game I can get excited to play without saying "guess I better go play the other 20 games first"

Please no Keihin Gang and dumb health bar crap, thanks

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully with less tailing missions this time. Those got real old real fast.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Cool to know that it's real, but I'm not going to get overly hyped until they show which combat style they're going with. With that said, I liked the characters and story way more than Y7, so that'll be enough for me to buy it at least. Hopefully, it's on PC day one as well.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020

I've played Yakuza 0-6 and am a fan of the series. I recently started Like A Dragon, but I'm only a couple hours in. I can't play Yakuza games back to back without being burned out. Should I switch to Judgment?

I see that it's shorter than Like A Dragon, and while I enjoy the characters of Like A Dragon so far, it's combat isn't grabbing me a ton so far, and I'm not so invested in the story that I'm unable to put it on pause and come back to it.
sure, why not? i think it has the best melee combat of them all. the story is really cool also. i played mostly the main quest and it took me 26 wonderful hours

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Cannot wait to counsel more weird characters in the club while loud music is blasting.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Went to load up Judgement on my PS5 and get the new upgraded version. Come to find out its not a free upgrade lol.

This is a great series though that I hope continues. Just get rid of, or improve, the trailing stuff with the QTEs.

May 15, 2019

Judgment is incredible and I think both a stronger story and a stronger game in terms of gameplay. Since a Like a Dragon sequel wouldn't be until next year at the earliest you could always play Judgment now in preparation for the sequel and then play Y7 next year. It's unlikely Y7's story will tie into Judgment based on how standalone Judgment was from the other Yakuza games, but it's impossible to say for sure yet.