• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Cool thing:
There's preload and it begins on Mon. Feb. 3.

Crappy thing:
The beta only lasts about 30 hours and I expect many of those hours will be spent seeing a "connection failed" screen.

OP
OP
wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to assume the full release won't be too long after this either since everything carries over

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Yeah I'm 100% completely in the dark about this game and always have been in hopes it'd come to the West...can't believe it is lol.

I have no idea what to expect and I'm excited as hell!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Download it once:
You can update the existing client for the upcoming Open Beta Test and Launch without having to redownload the game.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Windows 10 version still late 2020?

Also does Microsoft still require Gold for F2P games?

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I guess most of this closed beta will consist of testing server load with North American players jumping on and the onboarding process in English.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How similar is it to PSO1? Are character saves done server-side? Is there an offline mode?

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
Yes. Will download and make time for this on the 7th. I played PSO1 on Dreamcast in college. Had some of the best times playing PSO, so hype for this to finally come West.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Have they said whether or not this will have all the anime collabs that the Japanese version has?

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After all the hype and teasing on twitter for the last few weeks, it's extremely disappointing it is only for a day. Heck, even the entire weekend would be better.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I hate that this is what finally may be the proverbial straw that broke my camel-ass back into buying an Xbox One. Phantasy Star Online was my jam back in 2001.

Fuck.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
This is one of my most anticipated games Iof the year, and one I had 100% come to terms with never coming out in English. Wow.
I hope we get a release date soon and that it's by summer. This will consume me when it releases :)

Olimar

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I have a question about this. If I want to register, do I have to enroll my Xbox One in receiving the beta dashboard updates? The app doesn't make it clear if I'll be able to opt-in to the Closed Beta specifically, or if it's an all or nothing Insider deal.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a question about this. If I want to register, do I have to enroll my Xbox One in receiving the beta dashboard updates? The app doesn't make it clear if I'll be able to opt-in to the Closed Beta specifically, or if it's an all or nothing Insider deal.

No you only have to enroll in the PSO beta, not the dashboard.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
One X is raring to tear through this. It's been years since I played the original PSO2, so this'll be a good refresher course.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Like, not even a piece of crap work computer? Because this is a 2012 game designed for crappy computers from 2010. I've run this game on a bunch of junk PC's at lowest settings and the game ran fine.

Nah, last PC I owned I had until around 2006. I switched to Mac in 2003 and when the PC I had was no longer competitive I left the platform behind.

But this isn't really the place to get into my platform history.

Last edited:

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Still seems strange that this is only on XBox and PC. Who would have guessed.

Is PC getting an open beta at all or just Xbox?

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I played so much of this game back in 2012-2013, excited to play it again now that I don't have to worry about the Japanese player base reporting the English folk.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to playing this with some friends all day.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I only need the hub, don't have to be in the insider program with all those updates? I'll give this a shot then.

Will it be X enhanced too?

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I signed up for the Beta on PC so I'm assuming this Beta is also on the PC version despite the PC version coming out later?

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I signed up for the Beta on PC so I'm assuming this Beta is also on the PC version despite the PC version coming out later?

No, their messaging has maintained that it is an Xbox beta.
NOTE: The PSO2 Closed Beta Test is only available to players in the United States and Canada. You can register for early sign-up on Windows 10, but the Closed Beta is exclusive to Xbox One.
This is from the news post linked in the OP.

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
Quick couple questions for people who have played PSO2 (despite my love for the original - and disdain for PSU - I never actually tried out PSO2 prior):

The Dreamcast MAG they're giving out. Is this basically like a MAG Cell, where you can use it once, and only that MAG is changed to the Dreamcast form - and is one-time-use?

How malleable are MAGs? Can you respec one, or are you intended to find a new baby MAG and raise it up again?

Assuming that these parts haven't changed from the extant release of PSO2, that is.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Quick couple questions for people who have played PSO2 (despite my love for the original - and disdain for PSU - I never actually tried out PSO2 prior):

The Dreamcast MAG they're giving out. Is this basically like a MAG Cell, where you can use it once, and only that MAG is changed to the Dreamcast form - and is one-time-use?

How malleable are MAGs? Can you respec one, or are you intended to find a new baby MAG and raise it up again?

Assuming that these parts haven't changed from the extant release of PSO2, that is.
MAG's can be given one time use items which permanently change their appearance, and can only be changed by using another one time use item

You only get one MAG in the game and respecing it in case you messed up is stupidly expensive. Additional MAGs cost real world money.

Kent

Jun 4, 2018
MAG's can be given one time use items which permanently change their appearance, and can only be changed by using another one time use item

You only get one MAG in the game and respecing it in case you messed up is stupidly expensive. Additional MAGs cost real world money.
I see. How avoidable is screwing up a MAG in this, then? Do you still have to worry about stat caps for your class+race, or is min/maxing your MAG less of an issue?

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I see. How avoidable is screwing up a MAG in this, then? Do you still have to worry about stat caps for your class+race, or is min/maxing your MAG less of an issue?
Just min max whichever specific attack (S/T/R) your build uses. Your attack stat is basically the only thing that matters in this game (besides HP/PP), and even then it's only for equipment. You don't need defense since you should never be hit. Dex is also worthless. Don't make the same mistake I did back in 2012 for my first character and have lived with since :(

Thankfully min maxing is stupid easy in this game. Just alternate feeding it 9 star weapons and 3/4/5 star furniture (weapons increase attack and dex, and dex is bad. Furniture will increase attack a small amount and decrease dex). Then at a certain point, just buy MAG food and ignore the hunger cap and stuff it full. Money comes easy in this game, so don't worry.