• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
DpEKJ7WWsAcnaNM.jpg:large

This 14th December, PlayStation VR fans can look forward to the latest blockbuster experience to come to the platform with Borderlands 2 VR. Developed by Gearbox Software, Borderlands 2 VR brings the iconic shooting-looting world of Pandora to life like never before, as you virtually become a treasure-seeking Vault Hunter facing off against the galaxy's most charming psychopathic dictator – Handsome Jack – with nothing but your arsenal of 87 bazillion guns. Pre-order today via PlayStation Store.

- Tetris Effect launches 9th November 2018
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission free demo launches 16th October 2018
- New Firewall Zero Hour DLC launches 16th October 2018

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...-with-new-software-announcements/#sf199638055

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/09/playstation-vr-celebrates-second-anniversary-october-13/

This October 13 marks the 2nd Anniversary of PlayStation VR! To commemorate this special event, we have some exciting news to share for PlayStation VR fans, and those who have been waiting for a chance to jump into the experience.

First, we have collaborated with a few studios to highlight new details on our quickly growing line-up of immersive titles, ranging from the reveal of a new blockbuster game, to add-on content, demos, pre-orders and more!

Borderlands 2 VR
Launching December 14, 2018, Available for Pre-Order Today

Tetris Effect
Launching November 9, 2018, Available for Pre-Order Today

New Astro Bot Rescue Mission Free Demo
Available October 16, 2018

New Firewall Zero Hour DLC
Launching October 16, 2018

Megalith Officially Launching on January 8, 2019
Pre-Order & Free Trial Kick off November 13

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Borderlands 2 in VR from out of nowhere, wow, I can't wait for that. Firewall DLC too very soon. PSVR just keeps getting better and better.

Demo for Astro Bot is a good move but I would be surprised if there is anyone out there with a PSVR who hasn't bought it or isn't planning to buy it anyway.

Nov 18, 2017
Okay Sony you can have 1 either an actual 'latest blockbuster experience' or Borderlands 2. You cannot tell me a 7? year old game at this point is the 'latest blockbuster experience'.

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about the lack of Astro Bot demo. Any PS VR owner that doesn't buy this game is a lost cause in my book.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I love the Vita, and by all accounts a ton of folks love PSVR, but I have to point out it's a bit weird that Borderlands 2 comes to both sorta 'struggling' Sony platforms. Couldn't even tell you why, it's just the first thought that popped into my head.

It does seem like a really great fit for VR though. Good release date too.

Pal

Tried to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if Borderlands 2 VR includes all the released DLC?

I love the Vita, and by all accounts a ton of folks love PSVR, but I have to point out it's a bit weird that Borderlands 2 comes to both sorta 'struggling' Sony platforms. Couldn't even tell you why, it's just the first thought that popped into my head.

It does seem like a really great fit for VR though.

I don't think the PSVR is struggling by any mean. Last thing I saw, they sold more than 2 millions units worldwide, which eclipses its competition. And with games such as Astro Bot, no one could possibly think VR isn't the future of gaming / was a mistake.

Oh well I'm ready to quote myself in 10 years if I'm wrong.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Someone on playstation third party relations team really really likes Borderlands.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
This is only the twelfth time they've rereleased Borderlands 2. Gearbox, finish 3 already.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I could ever bring myself to replay the campaign to Borderlands 2 again after like 10 times. Perfect game for VR though. Still waiting on BL3

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Okay Sony you can have 1 either an actual 'latest blockbuster experience' or Borderlands 2. You cannot tell me a 7? year old game at this point is the 'latest blockbuster experience'.
Wasn't Borderlands 2 critically acclaimed when it released? I think them saying "latest blockbuster game to come to VR" holds true in that case despite how old it is.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
So PSVR is the new Vita. /s

I'm still hoping for Borderlands 2 to come to the switch, if that is even possible. I hope people enjoy this game, though. I get to a point in the game and something happens where I can't really continue the game the same.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm in for borderlands 2 vr if you can play with the non vr game players AND my save transfers over like my vita save did.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
I might have to open my skyrim vr bundle I bought six months ago and set it up and start playing some vr games starting with astrobot!!

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I don't have high hopes for Borderlands 2 VR. I want from the ground up VR experiences. These ports remind me of when they ported PS3/360 games to the Wii. Sometimes they're ok but always feel a little off and can never compare to games built from the group up (i.e. Zack & Wiki, No More Heroes).

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
On the one hand, I support every AAA VR title. On the other, it's a series I don't particularly love and that money goes to Randy Pitchford... fuck.

Oct 27, 2017
Despite what people are saying about it, Borderlands 2 in VR is kind of a big thing since we are now getting more AAA experiences instead of mini games.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I dont understand why people are bemoaning the fact of a Borderlands 2 VR game, isn't it good that a game of this type is coming to VR? My only concerns would be - motion sickness and if its a cut down experience or the full game, but other than that its good to get more games (even if they've already existed) over onto VR.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
If Borderlands 2 is as great a gaming experience as Skyrim VR is, then I'll continue to be a very happy PSVR owner! Just as with Skyrim, I haven't played it yet at all, played the first one on PC though, which was really fun.

Aim Controller support please!!

Sadly not, I asked 2K about this. For some reason we're still embargoed, but I guess the news is public now. It's DualShock 4 or PS Move only.

But, why? Pretty lame honestly.

Last edited:

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Sadly not, I asked 2K about this. For some reason we're still embargoed, but I guess the news is public now. It's DualShock 4 or PS Move only.

Noooooooooo, FFS why!! I am gutted about this, can't stand move controls for games with movement. Put some damn analogue sticks on the move controllers next gen Sony.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I never played the Borderlands games. This might be worth getting... Though I have Skyrim VR and have struggled to find enough time to play it.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/09/playstation-vr-celebrates-second-anniversary-october-13/

Borderlands 2 VR
Launching December 14, 2018, Available for Pre-Order Today

Tetris Effect
Launching November 9, 2018, Available for Pre-Order Today

New Astro Bot Rescue Mission Free Demo
Available October 16, 2018

New Firewall Zero Hour DLC
Launching October 16, 2018

Megalith Officially Launching on January 8, 2019
Pre-Order & Free Trial Kick off November 13

They should also mention Miyazakis Deracine which is launching Nov 6th.