• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think its a grand idea to make a VR version of Borderlands 2. It should run great even on a base PS4.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
In what way does the trailer imply that?

Did anyone notice any timecode where the player was moving? I didn't, and that stood out.

Edit: Actually, I take that back, there's slow foot movement in a handful of shots. It's very slow though, so I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm wondering if it's a combo of both slow walking and teleportation.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
No Aim support hurts big time but I don't think I'll be able to turn this one down. Unless this is poorly made, it will probably pretty easily supplant Skyrim as my favorite AAA first person VR experience.

Neonvisions

Oct 27, 2017
I almost pulled the trigger on the Astro Bot bundle yesterday. But thought they might have a great deal for Black Friday. But after all the buzz surrounding Astro, I'm having a hard time waiting!

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Is there some weird technical reason that makes Aim support difficult to implement as I thought an Aim controller was just a reassembled DS4 really. It has DS4 support so surel Aim controller shouldn't be to much of a leap.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I can see the character mainly standing still and teleporting whilst moving. The only exception is driving. I've read the blog post and it is still not clear to me if they will offer traditional locomotion as opposed to teleportation.
Making it TP only will doom it to failure imo.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Does the Tetris Effect theme become available when you preorder or when the game releases?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The walking movement at 0:52 makes me wonder how locomotion works here. That looked a little odd.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
Awesome. I've never played Borderlands, so this seems this will be a good way to go. If they can transition Skyrim and Wipeout successfully, then I'm hopeful for this one.

Now, when are we getting Motorstorm VR?

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
At 0:17 seconds looks like normal movement to me, same with the very first clip of Tiny Tina at the start of the trailer. It's hard to imagine they'd have driving but not normal movement, especially after Skyrim had been out so long. Even the teleport movement is technically done wrong, it looks more like a concession to the Move controller's lack of analog sticks since it's not blinking but smoothly moving a set amount.

Granted, not having aim support is difficult to imagine too.

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
Agh.... please tell me Borderlands is coming to other platforms too.

Someone asked if it was exclusive and they said "This will be launching as a PSVR exclusive." So seems like it could be a timed exclusive. Although it's a shame it's single player only because I was hoping to revisit the game with friends who don't have headsets. Don't have much interest in playing this game solo.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Where are you seeing that? I can't find it

From the press release:

"Experience Virtual Improvements: For the first time ever, players can experience the sublime exhilaration of driving around the Borderlands in first-person perspective – accelerating and steering with the joystick and aiming the vehicle's weapons with their headset. With the use of the motion controllers and headset, players can interact with the menu systems in a new and intuitive way for the platform, easily navigating through the menus by pointing, clicking, dragging and dropping. Players will also have the choice of preferred movement styles. Whether that's the VR popular pointed-teleportation, or the classic direct movement style with joysticks – your experience should feel good for VR and true to form of classic Borderlands."

panda-zebra

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Never finished it the first tim e around even though I loved the first game. If this supported Aim controller I'd be there day 1, but as it is... nope, I'll wait for a hefty sale.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always nice to see big established games with VR releases. This isn't one I'd ever play, but I'm happy for fans and as always I want to see how the adaptation is handled.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
A demo for Astro Bot is GREAT. More people need to experience it. That and SuperHot VR have both been defining VR experiences for me.

Flounder

Oct 28, 2017
From the press release:

"Experience Virtual Improvements: For the first time ever, players can experience the sublime exhilaration of driving around the Borderlands in first-person perspective – accelerating and steering with the joystick and aiming the vehicle's weapons with their headset. With the use of the motion controllers and headset, players can interact with the menu systems in a new and intuitive way for the platform, easily navigating through the menus by pointing, clicking, dragging and dropping. Players will also have the choice of preferred movement styles. Whether that's the VR popular pointed-teleportation, or the classic direct movement style with joysticks – your experience should feel good for VR and true to form of classic Borderlands."

Awesome! Cheers for that, that wasn't mentioned in the PS blog post. Dualshock it is (shame no Aim though).

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Never played Borderlands 2, so here's a good reason to try it. Honestly, I think porting FPS games from the PS3 - or even PS2 - gen is something that should be done more. The Killzone and Resistance games could really use it. And what about Black VR?

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Whether that's the VR popular pointed-teleportation, or the classic direct movement style with joysticks – your experience should feel good for VR and true to form of classic Borderlands."

Would like to know if free locomotion also works with the moves.

Many games did that already and with some practice it works fine imo.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
So with the Gunzerker, can you dual wield move controllers to shoot and aim independently?

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Someone asked if it was exclusive and they said "This will be launching as a PSVR exclusive." So seems like it could be a timed exclusive. Although it's a shame it's single player only because I was hoping to revisit the game with friends who don't have headsets. Don't have much interest in playing this game solo.

Here's hoping that's the case. I love Borderlands 2 and would love an excuse to go back to it.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Yooooo, excited to see that! I think this will finally convince my friend to get his own PSVR set too. So keen for Tetris Effect in VR, looks otherworldly. Need to jump back into Firewall too, it's a blast with friends.