• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
I bought the non-bundle version of PSVR2 because I always prefer physical games when I can get them, and now given that I already have RE8, No Man's Sky, and Stride, and I'll want Switchback VR and Moss Book 2 at launch (I've already got Book 1 and love it), I'm not even sure I'll pick up Horizon at launch; I may wait until I can get the disc on sale.

I'm also really interested in picking up Kayak VR as a chillout game; it's gotten great reviews on PCVR, and is supposed to be really gorgeous.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
There's a good deal of games I want from the launch lineup but on day 1 I will limit myself to these:
Resident Evil 8 Village
Horizon: Call of the Mountain
Dark Pictures: Switchback
Fantavision 202X
Moss Book 2

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
My own launch list is currently:

Horizon (I ordered the bundle)
Switchback
Kayak VR: Mirage
No Man's Sky (free, I own it)

I have a bad habit of getting several good games at the same time and then not dedicating myself to one game and then the one that isn't the best suffers from it. So these three for variety.

When I finish Horizon I will get RE8 (or rather start RE8. I expect to buy it in the January sale). After that, if we still aren't at the time when Saints And Sinners 1+2 has launched I will get one of the smaller games with good reviews. I have a sneaky suspicion The Light Brigade might turn out to be a sleeper hit. The concept sounds like it could be In Death: Unchained in a WWI setting. If they nail the mechanics it could be a great little gem.

I am also in the slightly worrying situation that my PS5 broke a week ago. The shop was obliged to give me a new one or the money back but since they had none in stock they could only give me a refund. But PS5s have gone up in price since I bought it. A lot. Getting one from shops that don't charge a hefty markup is difficult so now I am playing chicken with my own self control. I am waiting on someone with a decent price to get one in stock and at the same time slowly getting worried that what if I don't get one before PSVR2 launches. And what if Sony announces a bundle with PS5/PSVR2. I would kick myself if I buy the console at a markup and then they announce a bundle...

Ah well... c'est la vie.

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Also, I expect all of us will have an identical game in our launch lineup. I think the likelihood of us getting a PSVR2 game in the monthly selection is very high.

And I willl be shocked if it's not Among US VR.

AngryPuppy

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for compiling all this, definitely helps with justifying the purchase to myself.

Looks like I'll have a fair bit to keep me busy day one - I've got Horizon coming with the bundle and I already own the following;

After the Fall - haven't played it yet, picked it up during a PSN sale once they announced the free upgrade.
NMS - bought at launch, haven't played in a while, so will be good to go check out all the improvements.
RE8 - completed this but probably what I'm most excited to try in VR.
Madison - my game-share buddy picked this up, haven't tried it and probably going to be too much of a wuss but I'll give it a spin.

That's probably plenty to keep me busy initially but there are plenty of other games on the list I'm eyeing up; Moss, Walking Dead, Switchback, Firewall, Crossfire - it's a great line-up so far, even without Alyx

kdoll08

Oct 25, 2017
My own launch list is currently:

Horizon (I ordered the bundle)
Switchback
Kayak VR: Mirage
No Man's Sky (free, I own it)

I have a bad habit of getting several good games at the same time and then not dedicating myself to one game and then the one that isn't the best suffers from it. So these three for variety.

When I finish Horizon I will get RE8 (or rather start RE8. I expect to buy it in the January sale). After that, if we still aren't at the time when Saints And Sinners 1+2 has launched I will get one of the smaller games with good reviews. I have a sneaky suspicion The Light Brigade might turn out to be a sleeper hit. The concept sounds like it could be In Death: Unchained in a WWI setting. If they nail the mechanics it could be a great little gem.

I am also in the slightly worrying situation that my PS5 broke a week ago. The shop was obliged to give me a new one or the money back but since they had none in stock they could only give me a refund. But PS5s have gone up in price since I bought it. A lot. Getting one from shops that don't charge a hefty markup is difficult so now I am playing chicken with my own self control. I am waiting on someone with a decent price to get one in stock and at the same time slowly getting worried that what if I don't get one before PSVR2 launches. And what if Sony announces a bundle with PS5/PSVR2. I would kick myself if I buy the console at a markup and then they announce a bundle...

Ah well... c'est la vie.
Primal ps direct had ps5 in stock at least in the U.S. did you check there?

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Also, I expect all of us will have an identical game in our launch lineup. I think the likelihood of us getting a PSVR2 game in the monthly selection is very high.

And I willl be shocked if it's not Among US VR.

I have my fingers crossed that the PS+ Essential months free games will get a permanent fourth slot, for PSVR2 games. Un-fucking-likely, but I can dream.

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Ancient Dungeon has been confirmed as coming to PSVR2. It's an oldschool dungeon crawler with voxel graphics. The dev has said they "probably won't make launch" which to me sounds like it will be out a couple of months later.

Gameplay trailer for the PC version (no reason the PSVR2 version won't look the same):

View: https://youtu.be/gmJFL13mJtA

This looks absolutely great and also makes me want a VR Minecraft mode...
First time I looked at the Crossfire trailer. Hot! Summer 2023.
It's SP and 4 player co-op focused so it won't be competing with Firewall in terms of competitive.
And it seems to be way more arcade/action focused.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUFdhak4p3k

This does absolutely nothing for me except long for a VR sniper simulator...
Is there anything like that out there? Would be a perfect fit since you are stationary most of the time.

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
This does absolutely nothing for me except long for a VR sniper simulator...
Is there anything like that out there? Would be a perfect fit since you are stationary most of the time.

I don't think there is anything like that in VR except Sniper Elite VR for Quest and PC. And yes, it's still got the X-ray kills :-)

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
KeRaSh, there is actually. I'm trying to remember the name, but there's a game that's kind of on the cheaper side, but feels like a VR version of Silent Scope.

Edit: Found it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q4wD3mX2jk

It was fun for what's it's worth.

That looks pretty cool! Even though nothing of that sort is confirmed, knowing there are devs who have already explored such ideas gives me hope that there will be tons of creative and fun experiences!
I get more excited about PSVR2 by the day.

Oct 26, 2017
Realistically, it's too new a technology for anyone to know; it will take years, especially given the very small sample set, to know if children who used VR have identifiable problems in common, and figuring out what kind of VR and the exposure amount and regularity seems almost impossible. I mean, if some heedless parent is okay with their kids being experimental subjects...

Really, just don't. No one needs VR, and that's especially true of children. Maybe - my totally unqualified guess is it's likely - it won't do anything at all, but what could possibly be worth that risk?

Technically, we don't know if it's safe for adults longterm. Might be a "how could they do this to themselves" in twenty years. I sometimes worry that my eyesight is getting worse but I'm not doing THAT much VR and there are other factors like just getting older. But then again we don't know longterm effects of mobile phones or social media or other technology that is just 10-15 years old so I guess we're all guinea pigs.

Ancient Dungeon has been confirmed as coming to PSVR2. It's an oldschool dungeon crawler with voxel graphics. The dev has said they "probably won't make launch" which to me sounds like it will be out a couple of months later.

Gameplay trailer for the PC version (no reason the PSVR2 version won't look the same):

View: https://youtu.be/gmJFL13mJtA

That's great, I was going to get it on Quest but might as well grab it here then.

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
From the sounds of it RE8 VR only applies to the main campaign? So no DLC and no Mercenaries?

Also I'm guessing we get something VR for RE4 in March

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
From the sounds of it RE8 VR only applies to the main campaign? So no DLC and no Mercenaries?
That would be in line with what they did with RE7; AFAIK none of the DLC was in VR, just the main game. Edit: Apparently I am very, very, very wrong. (I don't have any of the DLC, just the base game.)

When they announced the RE4 remake they said that it will have "VR content", without clarifying what that means. Which is annoying.

Last edited:

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
That would be in line with what they did with RE7; AFAIK none of the DLC was in VR, just the main game.
That's not true. I think at least one or two parts of the DLC supported PSVR.

I'm okay with just the story part of Village being in VR. That was more than enough to give me my fix in 7.

Speaking of which, I decided to play The Kitchen demo for shits and giggles last week and I noped out after the other guy's head came rolling into the room… lost my nerve after not playing it for so long. I can't wait for Village!

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
I will get PSVR2 day one when it's released in my country and I'm very excited.

But isn't it a little strange that Sony hasn't really had a showcase for it?
Or is it maybe possible it will come in January?

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
First time I looked at the Crossfire trailer. Hot! Summer 2023.
It's SP and 4 player co-op focused so it won't be competing with Firewall in terms of competitive.
And it seems to be way more arcade/action focused.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUFdhak4p3k

OK, now THIS is something that looks absolutely perfect for what I like in a first-person military shooter. If it's a launch game, it'll be on my Day One list for sure. I just hope that it offers a legitimately super tough difficulty for players to advance to once they master the controls and tactics.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Fantavision, Village and The Dark Pictures: Switchback alone make this one of the best platform launch line-ups in history.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
My launch line-up:

Horizon Call of the Mountain
Resident Evil Village
Moss 2
The Walking Dead

I'll wait some sales to get more games. There's so much I'm interested in lol.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Decide to splurge and got a pre-order in for the Horizon bundle and controller charging dock the other day.

I'll limit myself to Horizon day one (have a personal policy of buying one game at at time and only buying games to play immediately). Will be keeping an eye out for deals for RE Village Gold Edition though. I never got around to playing it, partly as I figured it would end up on VR.

The Star Wars game will probably be next unless reviews are awful. Maybe check out No Man's Sky if I don't need to pay more (own the regular game digitally, can't remember if VR version was a separate purchase). Never played the Moss games other than teh demo for the first that I liked so those are on my list after that.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
My launch lineup:

Horizon (bundle)
RE8 (bought in recent sale, never played it before)
NMS (played it for a bit on PSVR)
Fantavision 202X
Switchback
After the Fall (bought it on sale when upgrade was announced)

I might bite on these, even though I already own them:
Kayak VR: Mirage (PC)
Moss Book 1&2 (PSVR)
Zenith (Quest2)

This is shaping up to be a fantastic launch.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping Perp / other publishers get involved with physical editions.
There's 3 months until we will know for sure which games will have physical at launch.
I haven't pre-ordered any games for that reason.

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
My launch so far looks like:

Horizon (bundle)
No Mans Sky (bought when they announced VR1 support, but never played it)
After the Fall (just bought on sale)
Switchback

Enjoyed Moss 1 so I'll probably pick up the bundle as well. Maybe RE8 if I find a good deal (even though 7 scared the crap outta me).

Hale-XF11

Dec 8, 2017
What I'm playing at launch:

- Horizon Call of the Mountain
- RE8
- Kayak
- No Man's Sky
- Zenith
- Walking Dead S&S 2

Those should keep me busy for a good long while. If Firewall gets a day one release, I may pick that up too. :)

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
For me:
Horizon (bundle)
No Man's Sky (bought a long time ago)
Moss Book II

Not sure if I'll get anything more. Switchback will be a buy, but not sure if day 1 or not.

Most hyped title is Firewall like a few others here.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
My launch will be:
RE8
NMS
Switchback

I'll definitely grab the Moss games at some point. They're just too darling not to.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
It's good to see I'm not alone in the bundle camp. I normally don't go for them, but I was planning to buy the game anyway so it works out.

My launch lineup will be:

PSVR2 Horizon bundle
Moss I & II (already digitally preordered)
RE Village (snagged it for cheap on PS5 a few months ago)
TWD: Saints & Sinners II (if I like the first… need to play it)

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
2MD: VR Football Unleashed All-Starwill be available at launch. We could not offer an upgrade for Head2Head edition so we ported the sequel. Players who own the original will be able to get the game for 70% off fyi.

Primal Sage

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
2MD: VR Football Unleashed All-Starwill be available at launch. We could not offer an upgrade for Head2Head edition so we ported the sequel. Players who own the original will be able to get the game for 70% off fyi.

Primal Sage

It's already on the list. Has been for a long time. But good thing you pinged me because I see I wrote 700% discount which seems a tad too generous :-D

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017

See, there is a chance we won't get whatever the vr portion of RE4 is in March. First of all, they said "vr content in development" which could mean it will come at a later date. I actually hope that is the case because then there is a chance it will be the campaign. I can't imagine them having the campaign in vr just a month after RE8's. That's too close.

If it's not the campaign then…. Hmm, something like the Rise of The Tomb Raider mode where you explore a location in vr maybe. But the reaction to that would be "fun" with people being frustrated they can't play the rest of the game like that.

I will get PSVR2 day one when it's released in my country and I'm very excited.

But isn't it a little strange that Sony hasn't really had a showcase for it?
Or is it maybe possible it will come in January?

There's a prevailing theory that Sony only wants to focus their pre-christmas marketing on stuf you can purchase this year. The blog posts with announcements are to keep us warm so to speak and then January will be all guns blazing.

There are a lot of first party studios that have been radio silent for years. No one knows what they are working on. Hopefully vr.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
See, there is a chance we won't get whatever the vr portion of RE4 is in March. First of all, they said "vr content in development" which could mean it will come at a later date. I actually hope that is the case because then there is a chance it will be the campaign. I can't imagine them having the campaign in vr just a month after RE8's. That's too close.

If it's not the campaign then…. Hmm, something like the Rise of The Tomb Raider mode where you explore a location in vr maybe. But the reaction to that would be "fun" with people being frustrated they can't play the rest of the game like that.

Maybe it'll be a VR Mercenaries mode?

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Certainly a possibility. Could also be an easy (and cheaper) way of getting VR players to buy the game without doing the extensive work it would require to make the whole campaign a VR mode.

It could also be a good starting point to making the whole campaign playable in VR, while getting something for VR players out earlier.

What do you think are the chances that the content won't be a VR version of something, but a VR-exclusive story DLC designed around the platform? Like, maybe a Krauser backstory DLC or something?

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
It could also be a good starting point to making the whole campaign playable in VR, while getting something for VR players out earlier.

What do you think are the chances that the content won't be a VR version of something, but a VR-exclusive story DLC designed around the platform? Like, maybe a Krauser backstory DLC or something?

Would be great but the likelihood of that depends on their fear of fan backlash. A lot of VR-hating RE fans would go absolutely apeshit if story content required them to have a PSVR2 headset. Even people who aren't against VR but can't afford it would feel left out in the cold. So I sadly can't imagine them doing that.

Something that can be played in both VR and non-VR seems more likely. Mercenaries is a good suggestion.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I got Village on Xbox when it came out so I'll have to keep and eye out for when the digital version goes up on sale. It's nice of them to give it out as a free update though, I figured they'd make it standalone or at least make you buy the gold edition to play it.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Would be great but the likelihood of that depends on their fear of fan backlash. A lot of VR-hating RE fans would go absolutely apeshit if story content required them to have a PSVR2 headset. Even people who aren't against VR but can't afford it would feel left out in the cold. So I sadly can't imagine them doing that.

Something that can be played in both VR and non-VR seems more likely. Mercenaries is a good suggestion.

Yeah, you're probably right. It would need to be something that went REALLY hard on awesome gameplay features that are only possible on VR to have any chance of avoiding backlash - a real Resident Evil: Alyx kind of deal. More likely they go the safe route.

I got Village on Xbox when it came out so I'll have to keep and eye out for when the digital version goes up on sale. It's nice of them to give it out as a free update though, I figured they'd make it standalone or at least make you buy the gold edition to play it.

Yeah, I got Village on PC so I'll need to watch for a sale as well. It's a funny feeling to appreciate the free update while also knowing it doesn't really benefit you. At least the digital version is already much cheaper than it was at launch.

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017

A very positive update!

The shop where I got the refund just called. Or rather, the person who had to see my face turn to sadness when he told me they had none in stock and could not reserve one for me when they got them in stock again.

He remembered me and told me they just got a single one in stock and he was holding it for me.
Top man! I will be picking it up later today after liberating my car from the recent ice age (snow followed by minus 8 degrees). Christmas is saved. More importantly, PSVR2 launch is saved! :-D

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
A very positive update!

The shop where I got the refund just called. Or rather, the person who had to see my face turn to sadness when he told me they had none in stock and could not reserve one for me when they got them in stock again.

He remembered me and told me they just got a single one in stock and he was holding it for me.
Top man! I will be picking it up later today after liberating my car from the recent ice age (snow followed by minus 8 degrees). Christmas is saved. More importantly, PSVR2 launch is saved! :-D

Now there's some customer service. Shame that the PS5 broke in the first place, but I'm glad you'll be ready.