• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
QTeLMxx.png

Page 18 on https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/business_segment_meeting/pdf/2023/GNS.pdf

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
That's legitimately surprising. There doesn't seem to be anywhere close to as much excitement or buzz around PSVR2 as there was the first one. Nobody I follow seems to care, anyway. While the first one people were rushing to try and find one.

The real test will be how it fares a few years from now. I think PSVR was helped a lot by it's price drop and continued software support. I know I personally can't afford PSVR2 but would love to grab one if it ever gets somehow gets like $200 cheaper than it is now.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems decent for a VR set? Curious if this is meeting Sony's sales expectations.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Pretty impressive for a headset that hasn't been sold at retailers until 2 weeks ago

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I guess that's kind of great considering it didn't launch in stores anywhere and they really didn't market it very well at all.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I was playing Ghostwire Tokyo recently, and the first time you fight the Kuchisake Onna, how she creeps up on you, that would have been so great in PSVR2.

Also, still waiting on a price drop.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
really happy it sold more than the PSVR after so many predicted it would flop because of the price.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Impressive considering its more expensive and there were less PS5s in the wild than PS4s in the same timeframe on top of having no retail presence. I'm hoping it continues to be a modest success so there's more VR modes in upcoming games and unique VR games too. I'm holding off until stuff like Alyx shows up or Astroboy.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
A really great start. This is only the beginning with tomorrows Showcase giving us the next wave of big titles for the platform.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Really good numbers considering the steep price and overall weak launch library. The tech looks very cool but I'am still waiting for some must buy exclusives.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
If we get announcements of good forthcoming games and maybe some more VR1 ports I think I might have to take the plunge. I'm real curious to try VR out.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
600k all via PS Direct is pretty good lol

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
All they need to do is announce one particular game tomorrow at the Showcase and I'll get on board.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Good news, this certainly makes my recent purchase of one feel a lot better for longer term support from Sony. Hope we see some bangers announced tomorrow for it. Gimme that Astro Bot 2 please and thanks.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Pretty good (especially for the premium price) but not huge growth as I assume Sony wanted out of their new headset, which is probably where that Bloomberg report was assessing from.

jigetuz

Banned
Apr 27, 2023
Switzerland
not bad, was on the fence of purchasing one because i'd really like to play RE8 in VR, but the lack of other Games made me shy away. If they supported PC, i would instantly sell my Quest 2 and buy PSVR2 instead.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Not a bad start with how much everything cost .
Yeah, I think this is the best way to look at it. It's decent, given the price.

The trajectory vs. the original PS VR is a little concerning though. Per that graph, it launched like a third ahead of the original and now it is 8% ahead, with sales growing at a slower rate compared to the original. It's extremely possible those lines have already crossed or are very close to.

Bláthanna

Feb 15, 2023
Ireland
Didn't PS VR1 have the holiday season in it's first 6 weeks as well? An increase from that when there are currently less PS5s than there were PS4s at the time is actually somewhat impressive.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I'm surprised Sony didn't try and limit the bad press by announcing those figures when the negative stories were coming out.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It's impressive for what it costs and the PS5's availability/ubiquity relative to the PS4 at the same time

That said it's clearly not a runaway success and breaking VR into the mainstream and will stay within the same overall niche as PSVR1

Oct 25, 2017
That seems extremely strong considering the price/economy/soft launch. I myself want one but am waiting until this holiday season to see where I'm at with free time.
Just a couple of times back when Bloomberg talked about it.

FtQ6FYBWAAAAqKs
What the hell? This is embarrassing even for game journalism standards.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
I really want one, but can't justify it yet. Hope they announce some more reasons to get one during their presentation!

Oct 25, 2017
I hope behemoth is actually cool considering it got a position in a slide. Call of the mountain climbing in a shadow of the Colossus fight sounds ambitious but amazing if they can pull it off.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
That's okay, hopefully it gets a boost when people are in Christmas present mode.
That's gonna come down to a steady stream of great games, the hardware is more than capable this time.

Oct 31, 2017
600,000 units sold in 6 weeks is very impressive especially when you consider it costs $600+ with tax included.

I'm looking forward to seeing more games for it tomorrow.