• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing but expected. The way the hardware works is very different from the original.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Disappointing but given the nature of the new tech, not unexpected

We'll see if we get free upgrades for any ports.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Was to be expected given the completely different tracking methods but still a shame to hear. Hopefully if the big names do get ports there are free or cheap upgrade paths. I can't imagine anyone wanting to go back to PSVR1 after 2 comes out so a lot of games about to be dead in the water.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
As expected considering the different tracking methods. Hopefully devs are proactive at porting content, there's a lot of cool stuff on PSVR1.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Expected, but we already know multiple devs are working on PSVR2 upgrades for games. The devs of Moss Book 2 mentioned recently that the game would be playable on PSVR2. Hope they port the first game too.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
This was the right choice.

I hope most of the good games get patches / rereleases so they can be enjoyed, but given the hardware differences it never seemed possible to write a single compatibility layer to map the DS4 and PS move games onto the new controllers.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this had already been confirmed for some reason. I guess it was just very expected.

I really hope that Sony remasters the Astro VR game for PSVR2, and for Capcom to do the same with RE7. I want to play these games.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I recently bought Superhot VR.

Blood and Truth needs to be ported.

The reasoning by the way sucks.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I fucking KNEW IT. I figured the way PSVR is set would be kinda hard to emulate with PSVR2.

Makes getting one less of a priority now. I can easily wait for it to build more of a library and go down in price.
The biggest reason, I wanted one atm was to play some stuff in my VR backlog at a higher quality.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah when they eliminated the outside camera def was expected but def sucks. But also opened up for devs to get new life with their games they had on the first one. Hope to see some free upgrades for folks on some of the key titles from VR1.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Expected, but still sucks. I just need Astro Bot to be ported over or come out on PC or something!

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Would it be possible to just patch PS4 games to make use of PSVR2? Or would it 100% need a new SKU? I'm unsure if PSVR2 can even run PS4 games in BC mode

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Disappointing but expected. The way the hardware works is very different from the original.
tracking has no effect on rendering though. there are many different PCVR HMDs that use different tracking (and have different types of lenses etc).

this is a very strange decision.

This was the right choice.

I hope most of the good games get patches / rereleases so they can be enjoyed, but given the hardware differences it never seemed possible to write a single compatibility layer to map the DS4 and PS move games onto the new controllers.

PCVR has a pretty wide disparity in controllers. this doesn't seem like a insurmountable problem.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Wholly expected because of how advanced PSVR2 is and how different it controls.

But yeah some ports would be nice, and hopefully alot more devs on board for VR2 in general.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
That is deeply, deeply disappointing. I really think they could have come up with solutions for this. Not happy about the idea of having to use my original PSVR in the future given how much of a hassle the setup process is.

Jul 2, 2021
shocked-not-that-shocked.gif

Sep 6, 2022
Damn, guess all the PSVR games I have in my library is useless trash going forward 😢

Bring me Half Life: Alyx day 1
and I forgive you Sony

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't they at least allow it as long as you had a camera and PS move controllers?

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who thought otherwise was clinging to madness, it is programmed to work with a very different type of VR. Best anyone can hope for is patches to old games but even then, I wouldn't hold my breath

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
Really disappointing, but i hope they offer free upgrades to the most popular PSVR games, like Beat Saber or Moss, and the first party ones like Iron Man, Astrobot.

I have around PSVR games and its a hassle to use two headsets instead of one (not to mention the passthrough box of PSVR).