• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Form PS Blog
unbenannty4u4x.png

On Friday night, we'll have a special presentation with opening remarks, special guests and game updates to talk about. We're not calling it a Showcase given that we're coming a few weeks off of Paris Games Week, but we'll have some cool content to share.

Edit: I wonder if they even live stream it.
First, a question. Are you currently holding an Early Bird ticket for PlayStation Experience? Good — that means you'll be granted access to an exclusive presentation at the Anaheim Convention Center the evening of Friday, December 8 starting at 8:00pm Pacific Time.
In this opening presentation, PlayStation Worldwide Studios Chairman Shawn Layden will provide an update to attendees

Edit 2: The wording here suggests that it may be streamed. Fingers crossed.
sidkiu36.jpg

Edit 3:

Last edited:

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
:( was really expecting some Japanese game announcements at this event

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Terrible. Worst PlayStation Experience ever now.

So what new first party game announcements did we get in 2017? A Shadow of the Colossus remake, some PlayLink/VR indie games and Ghost of Tsushima? That's it?

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Just give me a brand new G-Police playable in VR and I will be happy. A Resistance 3 remaster would also be acceptable.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't expecting much to be honest. They just had a pretty big show like two weeks ago. Games take time to be made :/

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Well that's...disappointing. PSX was always hype-u for me. I guess the game awards will have bigger announcements in stock then?

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So what new first party game announcements did we get in 2017? A Shadow of the Colossus remake and Ghost of Tsushima? That's it?

You want like 5 first party game announcements every year? They only have so many studios. You'd be lucky to get 2-3 announced every year.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
This was the rumor right?

And Paris Game Show was "big"? Bigger than usual maybe but it wasn't some crazy press conference. Surely not as big as PSX last year.

Oct 25, 2017

So what new first party game announcements did we get in 2017? A Shadow of the Colossus remake and Ghost of Tsushima? That's it?
Shadow of the colossus
GoT
Concrete genie
Blood and truth
Inpatient
Mlb 18 will get announced next month like always

Probably missing a bunch of smaller stuff
That said I'm out y'all bouta be on some stuff I sense it

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
from's new project will be on Microsoft's stage at E3 2018. I've read it in the tea leaves.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Figured this would be the case since they went all-out* last week.

It's okay though, this just means the announcements of Half-Life 3 and Mega Man 11 have been moved to the Game Awards.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shadow of the colossus
GoT
Concrete genie
Blood and truth
Inpatient
Mlb 18 will get announced next month like always

Probably missing a bunch of smaller stuff
That said I'm out y'all bouta be on some stuff I sense it
Yeah, PlayLink and VR indie games. As I've said. And I totally forgot Concrete Genie. So three games at least.
Garbage tier PSX confirmed. Terrible.
Plus pretty much every major first party studio has an announced game now.
They can fund/get 1st party games without the help of an internal studio. See Bloodborne, Spider-Man, Until Dawn. If your worldwide studios aren't ready for a certain year, get some backup.

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Tad disappointing since it's breaking from the tradition of what made the event fun, at least for those who couldn't actually attend it.

Here's hoping Sony still delivers some cool stuff via whatever panels they may have scheduled.