• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WITHE1982

Oct 28, 2017

Mithos

Oct 27, 2017
Marked as free, does not matter if you use the website or the shop on your PS4 (Sweden here).

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
So is the game any good? What even is it?

should I watch the anime first before playing this?

It's a very fan-servicey visual novel, with LOTS of branching paths. Too many for my liking personally.
However, it's fully voiced, and goes lots of places. Your mileage may vary, but it's not considered a VERY good VN from the reviews I have seen.

The fanservice (especially the original voice actors!!) will be lost on you, in case you didn't watch the Anime.
One of the routes also partly spoils some stuff about a character that was introduced halfway through the first season of the anime, and the game assumes that you already know some stuff about the relationship / shared past of two of the detectives - so you might get spoiled on this, which I found neat to discover watching the anime (not a big spoiler IMO, but I'm not very sensitive to spoilers).

Overall, you probably won't try to get the true ending on this, unless you are a major fan of the anime or the visual novel format.
It's entertaining enough, but very long for people that just want to play it casually.
The voice acting is suberb though!
Also, fan-service. Wanna share a special moment with one of your favourite chars of the anime? Now you can! Some of them topless! (None of the girls though, lol)

Ah, and it has a Threes / 2046 minigame included, so if you like these, might as well grab it.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Both PS4 and Vita version is free in Norwy. Have no idea what kind of game it is, I think I have heard about it before, but free is free.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
It has a few spoilers from the final stretch of the first season in some routes.

But for the most part, it's just not a particularly good VN either way.
so, is the anime good? wondering if I should give it a try and if I like it, maybe I'll give the vn a chance. I remember watching the trailer for anime and it look kinda cool. remind me of anime like Witch Hunter Robin or Darker than Black

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had the Vita version redeemed, but it's nice to have the option to play on PS4, too. Thanks for the heads up.

Deleted member 4609

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so, is the anime good? wondering if I should give it a try and if I like it, maybe I'll give the vn a chance. I remember watching the trailer for anime and it look kinda cool. remind me of anime like Witch Hunter Robin or Darker than Black

JBf6asy.jpg

I mean, it's watchable, but it's nothing spectacular. It doesn't really explore the core concept all that well, the writing is often heavy-handed and the art is pretty inconsistent even though the backgrounds do help create a cool-looking cyberpunk world. I'd say you're better off watching the Ghost in the Shell SAC animes if you haven't, but I haven't watched the movie and second season of Psycho-Pass so maybe it gets better.

NCLI

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
JBf6asy.jpg

I mean, it's watchable, but it's nothing spectacular. It doesn't really explore the core concept all that well, the writing is often heavy-handed and the art is pretty inconsistent even though the backgrounds do help create a cool-looking cyberpunk world. I'd say you're better off watching the Ghost in the Shell SAC animes if you haven't, but I haven't watched the movie and second season of Psycho-Pass so maybe it gets better.
Just to offer an alternate opinion here, I find that Psycho-Pass is a much watch than GitS: SAC.

The second season kinda sucks though.

Lyonaz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up, put it on download on my phone, should be done when get home in an hour.