• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 4, 2018

It's done. Psychonauts 2 is coming next week. In this update, we look back at where it started, how it went, and find a moment to come together to celebrate the arrival of Raz's next adventure.​

Great video about the behind-the-scenes of the development.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Can't wait. Really look forward to the full development documentary some time post launch

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This video makes me a little bit scared about the quality of this release build. 😅

Also, I just hope it's really good and not that reviews come in and it gets 50s and 60s at max or so. That would hurt after the end speech of Tim.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I saw that title and thought there was going to be an extremely last minute delay. Excited to play it next week

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
This video makes me a little bit scared about the quality of this release build. 😅

Also, I just hope it's really good and not that reviews come in and it gets 50s and 60s at max or so. That would hurt after the end speech of Tim.
It's like this for every game trust me. Half the video was taken during June/July too it seemed based on the bug dates in triage. And there's the day 1 patch!

The previews sent out a while ago were very optimistic, so have faith

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Super emotional video, and they are really confident with they work done with Psychonauts 2. GOTY.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017

Opposite feelings here. Any software developer can tell you that if the conversations you're having close to launch are like the ones in the video then you are in a great position.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
This was awesome. I cannot wait to dive back into the world of Psychonauts, and the team seems very proud.

Tim said the MS acquisition was very "limited integration" and you can kinda tell by the video. No Microsoft Teams, still using Slack and Zoom.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Reminder: Review embargo ends on Monday 23rd. Two days before launch!! That's some confidence.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Got teary-eyed towards the end of the video. Love seeing DF and can't wait to experience the game next week.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Hahahhahaha, that PowerPoint slide about the true content lock date, beautiful! 😆

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
Beautiful video. I'm so excited for this game. I took the whole day off to play it. Can't wait.

Also, Jira, Slack, & Zoom...the three horsemen of working from home. haha I'm surprise they are not using anything MS.

Eternium

Apr 8, 2020
Really hoping that Microsoft acts like they did with Ori and allows this to come to Switch sometime soon. The game looks absolutely incredible and it deserves massive sales.