• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some really interesting changes to ballistics. Really hope this changes the bullet path from being linear to being quadratic.

Ballistics overhaul
  • Projectiles fired from firearms are now affected by air drag. This means that projectiles will now lose velocity over time leading to greater bullet drop and longer travel time
  • Large scopes (8x, 15x) now have variable zoom that can be adjusted using the Mouse Wheel (by default)
  • Red dot, holo and 2x sights can now have their reticle's brightness adjusted using Mouse Wheel
  • Hit areas have been modified
    - Neck is now protected by the helmet
    - Damage to the chest area is increased
  • Base damage is now modified by weapon class
    - The actual damage is now taking into account following multipliers
    -- Base damage stat of the weapon
    -- Distance traveled by the projectile (damage decreases over distance)
    -- Hit area damage multiplier
    -- Weapon class multiplier

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So, today? Damn, i'm hyped for this to be public in a bit.

Edit: Wow, these seem to be some pretty huge changes to the gunplay. Wonder how it'll throw off the current meta.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Oh great, I'm finally great with Snipers and now I have to deal with airdrag

BOO

These actually look like good changes overall. Glad to see the support. Now just fix the hacking problem prior to 1.0 and we gucci.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
These changes look amazing! Can't wait to try all of this in-game once the 1.0 goes live for everybody.

Pandy

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Those changes are big enough to take it off the goty considerations, I'd say.
At the moment I have no intention of voting the game anywhere near my GOTY (unless the 1.0 version makes a big improvement overall), but this makes very little sense in the light of what seem like reasonable adjustments.

Unless you were meaning in terms of the Early Access game qualified for GOTY, and these changes show that the Early Access version shouldn't be considered, in which case I agree. 1.0 is the game, nothing before that counts for anything.

Oct 27, 2017
At the moment I have no intention of voting the game anywhere near my GOTY (unless the 1.0 version makes a big improvement overall), but this makes very little sense in the light of what seem like reasonable adjustments.

Unless you were meaning in terms of the Early Access game qualified for GOTY, and these changes show that the Early Access version shouldn't be considered, in which case I agree. 1.0 is the game, nothing before that counts for anything.

I think they are talking about how these new ballistics make for a substantially different experience in its gunplay, which could render past experiences "invalid".

I see where that could be coming from, and I don't entirely disagree, but in the end I will push for no Early Access games on GOTY nominations either way.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure that poster was just doing a little trolling joke. But actually, these changes could be big. I mean, just the vaulting alone is an actual game changing update. The ballistics overhaul could change the game in a big way too, many who are used to how it is now might not like the more realistic model, or it might not really change much for how most players play. Either way, big changes with one of them (vaulting) being actually game changing.

Doubt it'll change many peoples opinions on the game but it would be interesting if it changes enough that people view this version as worse than it was before and these changes stick. Would people still vote it as a GOTY if the game they loved was one that isn't really this game any more?

Anyway, can't wait. Vaulting is going to be huge and I can't wait.

Pandy

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I think they are talking about how these new ballistics make for a substantially different experience in its gunplay, which could render past experiences "invalid".

I see where that could be coming from, and I don't entirely disagree, but in the end I will push for no Early Access games on GOTY nominations either way.
I agree, but still confused because if 1.0 is December as planned, then it still counts for GOTY anyway so the point of the statement is lost.

Regardless of the rules, I'll personally be considering PUBG on 1.0, not the fun mess I've been playing with my friends up to now.

Oct 25, 2017
These sound like good changes -- should make snipers more for taking out stationary targets than picking off anyone and everyone, and should bring submachine out of the garbage closet outside of "literally inside the same building" range.
I look forward to this!

OP
OP
RoboitoAM

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
These sound like good changes -- should make snipers more for taking out stationary targets than picking off anyone and everyone, and should bring submachine out of the garbage closet outside of "literally inside the same building" range.
I look forward to this!
I'm personally very excited for variable scopes and the new ballistics. I'm very curious about how the community will react.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, these are very welcome changes. This is going to make something like a Tommy Gun or Vector deadly as fuck at a decent range.

But honestly, if they can do this AND push the tickrate up to 60 hz, then all the fucking better.

Using multiple alt accounts
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
  • Large scopes (8x, 15x) now have variable zoom that can be adjusted using the Mouse Wheel (by default)
  • Red dot, holo and 2x sights can now have their reticle's brightness adjusted using Mouse Wheel
  • Fuck yes.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Hope they did something radical with the performance of the game. Haven't touched it since my frame rate went down the shitter.

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
Optimizations also listed in the patch notes. Terrain and memory leaks I believe.

Which basically means it will run exactly the same.

I would love to be wrong, but those optimizations won't do shit for most people. Might help for some people, but reduced memory usage and reduced lag when it loads in terrain is not my problem with the performance. It is that is can drop down to 45-60fps with almost all settings on low on a 1080Ti just because I'm looking in a certain direction with a bunch of buildings or something...

And no, I don't need to hear the standard reddit post of "I run this just fine all maxed out on my 1060" or "I never drop below 100fps".

OP
OP
RoboitoAM

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017

I would love to be wrong, but those optimizations won't do shit for most people. Might help for some people, but reduced memory usage and reduced lag when it loads in terrain is not my problem with the performance. It is that is can drop down to 45-60fps with almost all settings on low on a 1080Ti just because I'm looking in a certain direction with a bunch of buildings or something...

And no, I don't need to hear the standard reddit post of "I run this just fine all maxed out on my 1060" or "I never drop below 100fps".
I was thinking more from the soupy buildings some people get and crashes that others get. I highly doubt the game will be optimized in the way you want... Yet. Still, one can hope.

Heisenburger

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The ballastics were already fucked imo. The amount of bullet drop on some long range weapons at medium range is hilarious.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I meant that these changes are big enough that it changes the gameplay compared to the early access gameplay, so that can't be fully used to consider a game as GOTY contender, specially in cases like giant bomb where they record the goty right before the game officially launches.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played in a few months, but those ballistic changes sound.... significant.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to give that fucking piece of junk bloody side-car bike one last chance after this patch and if it's still a piece of shit that blows up when you look at a rock, I'm never touching it again.

Fuck that bike.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
UAZ only allowing 4 people is a huge bummer.

Everything else seems good though. Probably won't check the updates today since I only play Squad tho.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Between damage reduction based on distance and mire bullet drop this sounds like sniping will be a whole lot harder. Great!

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
One thing I wish they'd implement is some kind of smoke or indicator of where a grenade just went off. I've heard people throw a grenade, I bolt off to a safe spot, look back and have no idea where it landed, which would have given me at least a guess of where it came from. Invisible explosions!

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Complete game changer. Can climb up to roofs more easily, can vault through windows so no more crouch jump.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah the optimizations are the reason why I haven't bothered playing the game in months, don't need hackers to stop me from enjoying the game when the game does it for me.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Haven't played in over a month. This vaulting update is done pretty nicely! I like it. Of course it happens after I finally learned to consistently do the manual crouch jump lol.

My game is super blurry though, anyone else have this issue?

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played in over a month. This vaulting update is done pretty nicely! I like it. Of course it happens after I finally learned to consistently do the manual crouch jump lol.

My game is super blurry though, anyone else have this issue?

Yeah same here. I looooooove the new sounds for the cars. The Dacia and the buggy really sounds like old piece of shit haha. Vaulting works really well. It's a gamechanger.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I tried one match, and I think that performance was better [maybe it was placebo].

Anyhow, vaulting and vehicle changes are very easily noticeable. I did not test the new ballistic system.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm downloading the test server now, everything sounds really good actually.