• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Live now on PC. Coming to consoles soon

PUBG's latest update introduces our brand new feature Weapon Mastery! Weapon Mastery is a progression system that allows players to earn free rewards as they level up their gunplay skills. As part of Weapon Mastery we are also debuting Medals for players who perform awesome feats during their matches.

23jkfi.jpg

• New Progression System
    • Weapon Mastery is a new progression system where players can increase levels by gaining weapon XP based on players' weapon use.
    • It operates all the time without being affected by seasons.
    • Weapon Mastery offers 100 levels for players to achieve per weapon.
    • In the lobby, players can check their weapon use information, last match results, and the rewards they acquired thus far through the newly created Mastery tab.
  • Weapon Mastery Rewards
    • There are three types of Weapon Mastery rewards. These rewards can only be acquired through Mastery achievement.
      • Charms
      • Charms are accessories that can be equipped to weapons.
      • New charm can achieved at every five levels of progression per weapon.
      • Charms can be used with any weapon skins.
        • Acquired charms can be equipped/unlocked in the rewards page. Equipped charms can be seen in-game.
      • Charms cannot be traded, sold, or exchanged for BP.
    • Medals
      • Medals highlight awesome accomplishments players perform with their weapons.
      • Each medal can be earned multiple times. There is even a counter that tracks how many medals have been achieved.
    • Tier Emblems
      • Players can earn emblems equivalent to their level brackets achieved per each weapon.
      • Up to 10 tiers can be achieved.

There is more in todays update but the weapon mastery system is the highlight.

Full changelog here:

https://www.pubg.com/2019/04/17/update-28-patch-notes/

OP
OP
abracadaver

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Are they following a public roadmap? Wondering whats next on the cards

Sadly no public roadmap at the moment.

A few small things are known though:

- Erangel will get an overhaul
- The armored UAZ airdrop will be replaced by an amphibious vehicle (BRDM)
- DLSS support coming
- More charms and skins (of course)

I'm expecting a few new weapons and at least 1 new map this year as well

There are also rumors about an NPC zombie mode

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
AwQj905.png

The new loot levels on Erangel are kind of astounding. I know they were doing this in phases before they overhauled the map itself, but it kinda feels like old PUBG when you could drop Mili or George and walk out armed to teeth. I almost feel like they need to tone down SLRs, they're everywhere now.

It's also funny how they keep adding more "realistic" sounds. They added that rattling and jingling a little while ago that ramps up the more stuff you have equipped, and now items make different specific sounds looting and dropping them based on type, and vehicles now have suspension sounds that constantly make me think I'm crashing or being shot out.