• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Schnitzelfee

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
PDNabFB.png

https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/3077529898697959073

plus first ever official sale on Steam, 33% off

"Today we've got a very big announcement: With Xbox and PC sales combined, PUBG has now sold over 50 million units worldwide. With PUBG Mobile included, there are now over 400 million registered PUBG players worldwide. Over 87 million people play PUBG every day across all our platforms.

To celebrate these new milestones, we're putting PUBG on sale on Steam from June 19th (later today!) through July 5th. If you want to pick up the game for the first time or gift it to a friend, you'll be able to grab it for just $19.99 (33.33% off the normal price).

We're genuinely humbled by PUBG's ongoing success and growth, and we're incredibly optimistic about the game's future. We're going to keep working on new content and improvements for all versions of the game. We know there's still so much we can do to make PUBG a better game for our players.

Thanks so much to all of you for joining us on this wild ride."

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have like 150 hours of gameplay on it, so I think I'm pretty satisfied with the game lok. Anyway, congrats to PUBG Corp!

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
But, Fortnite and Realm Royale, PUBG dead game? Something?

That's a huge number all-around and with their new plans for content and patches, I think the future is looking good for the game.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
87 million daily players. Nothing more to be said. Game is big in Asian countries like massive big.

Game has 400 mil registered players and in comparison fortnite reached 125 mil players. It for sure has lower daily number of players than pubg.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's cool that the market seems capable of supporting both PUBG and Fortnite, although it makes me shudder for other multiplayer games, given the amount of audience these two games alone are scooping up.

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
400 million.. Chinese PUBG mobile must be absolutely massive. Hoping for significantly better netcode in the near future, hopefully the new studios will speed up development.

Dark_EMT

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
50 million and still no ps4 release? They don't like money?

The total for mobile is insane though.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Man that is insane I know the hype for PUBG calmed down since Fortnite took center stage. But this game is still preforming like a monster.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is confusing as hell. So 350 million people downloaded the mobile app?

Deleted member 23965

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I want to try a battle royale game. Does this game have good gunplay? I tried playing Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, it has the loosest shooter controls I have ever experienced in a game. Also, does it run well on modest PCs (GTX 950)?

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With all the talk about Fortnite it's easy to forget that pubg is massive in its own right. Congrats to them! That's a huge success.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Steamspy was only as reliable as it was used to, we could have had Xbox sales ballpark now.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
It's cool that the market seems capable of supporting both PUBG and Fortnite, although it makes me shudder for other multiplayer games, given the amount of audience these two games alone are scooping up.
Theres only room for a few but I could see Call of Duty getting a large crowd.

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
I want to try a battle royale game. Does this game have good gunplay? I tried playing Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, it has the loosest shooter controls I have ever experienced in a game. Also, does it run well on PC?
The one thing PUBG does extremely well is the gunplay, the performance on PC is still a bit rough. If you have a meaty PC you'll get decent FPS, but don't expect a consistent smooth experience with the present netcode issues.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Reading some people here on threads about BR games you would say the game was a failure.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I wish Steamspy was only as reliable as it was used to, we could have had Xbox sales ballpark now.

Based on the previous sales updates we had for the PC version and the brief sales updates we had for the Xbox version, I'm going to guess it's something like 45 million PC, 5 million Xbox.

Oct 26, 2017
Reading some people here on threads about BR games you would say the game was a failure.

ERA was hating PUBG since the beginning and i don't know why.

It's an incredibly misleading statistic to say you have 400 million players when you lead with a stat about 50 million unit sales.

No?
You pay the game on PC and Xbox One, and 50 million copies were sold.
The mobile version is FREE, simple math = 400m - 50m = 350m.

I don't know what's is misleading, mobile is F2P, console + PC is premium.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
I want to try a battle royale game. Does this game have good gunplay? I tried playing Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, it has the loosest shooter controls I have ever experienced in a game. Also, does it run well on modest PCs (GTX 950)?
The gunplay is why I still prefer PUBG over Fortnite. I have no idea how well it'll run on your machine but in general I think thats where the game really lacks, it doesn't crash often on me or cause major problems but Fortnite clearly is a much more polished game in that aspect then PUBG is.

Deleted member 23965

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The one thing PUBG does extremely well is the gunplay, the performance on PC is still a bit rough. If you have a meaty PC you'll get decent FPS, but don't expect a consistent smooth experience with the present netcode issues.

I game on a laptop that performs between a vanilla XBO and PS4, so I guess it will play rough for me.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yep. Game is consistently the #1 game on the Steam top sellers for over a year now. Was just discounted for the first time. Day in, day out the most played game on Steam.

And go into any Era thread about PUBG and you have geniuses telling you it should go F2P cause Fortnite has more people streaming it on Twitch.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Last number we heard was 5 million in March right? 3m in January?
The game is still arround the top paid spots on the store and even retail is selling pretty good. So rough guess 7/8m now?

IceyD

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
People are very passionate about performance optimization, so PUBG is difficult to discuss in a positive light in forums. Game is still fun as hell though.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
PUBG is still the best playing BR game. Looking forward to some of the new ones coming out but if I get that BR itch I'd definitely be playing PUBG before anything else.

Main issue they have is the netcode is still cheeks.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017

1080p + 1060. I consistently stay in the 90s range. Much better spot than it was closer to launch. THAT was awful.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
87 million daily players is ridiculous.

That is more than 1% of the earths population wtf.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
The game on mobile introduced Royale Pass today (fortnite battle pass copy) to make bank and they sure will.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is probably the wrong thread. But does anyone know why the Miramar map is so broken on the Xbox?

Like it literally memory crashes my friends Xbox and mine all the time. It takes forever to load on the Xbox One X (usually I appear when I am on the map already getting killed) and then sometimes it barely wants to load while I struggle to move around the map.

I HATE this map! I find myself quitting many times in hopes to play the original map where it is way more stable.

Anyone?