• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
For Aussie Resetters, JB Hifi has PUBG retail for only $34!

Which means we're being charged absolutely zero Australia tax and not even paying the right amount after conversion and GST. We're paying way less than we should be. We should be paying at least $44.

DntSpwnOnMe

Oct 25, 2017
Wish it came out before the thanksgiving break but I will take before Christmas. Can't wait to give it a go.

DirtyDeeds

Oct 28, 2017
Armpit, USA
There wasn't any Xbox footage shown.

Ah right my mistake thanks for the reply.

Did we get any new Xbox footage today?

Physical release is hilarious. I guess some people just want boxes on their shelves.

Any videos of the Xbox One version?

When I turned the stream on and watched for a little bit they were playing the Xbox version. It had all the Xbox button prompts and I could have sworn they said it was Xbox gameplay. Looked and ran great from what I saw.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
When I turned the stream on and watched for a little bit they were playing the Xbox version. It had all the Xbox button prompts and I could have sworn they said it was Xbox gameplay. Looked and ran great from what I saw.
PCs equipped only with xbox pads, guess to make the point about joypad controls.
They verbally confirmed that xbox versions are coming along fine, and while right now console dev is a little behind PC, it'll be 1.0 come 12/12.
Given that xboxqwik (m. ybarra) is a big fan and has been on top of this since day1, I expect a good port.

Maybe next week that scorpio releases we get some small footage, who knows...

Last edited:

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I told everyone that it would release this year, no matter in which state(Game Preview). Can't believe some doubted it.

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
For those that haven't played this yet, be forewarned this game is like crack cocaine :-). If you got a friend or two to play along with, hours will go by without you having realized it. I think I've put in about 300 hrs so far since I bought it last May.

I wonder how this game will impact Call of Duty sales numbers and online community.

Oct 28, 2017
For those that haven't played this yet, be forewarned this game is like crack cocaine :-). If you got a friend or two to play along with, hours will go by without you having realized it. I think I've put in about 300 hrs so far since I bought it last May.

I wonder how this game will impact Call of Duty sales numbers and online community.

Hopefully heavily. I can't wait for something new.

Oct 26, 2017
24 bucks with Prime is interesting... but 30 bucks via direct XBL purchase and I'll be playing it like 20 hours sooner.

Anyway, I've been preparing for the Xbox version w/ friends by going ham on my neglected PC copy in solo mode. I am completely addicted now. I've put 20+ hours on it in like the last 3 days or so.

But. 4 times I have made it to a final 2 situation. I would say three of the times I was playing from the advantageous position.

0 chicken dinners.

FML.

My inventory management is getting me down. Losing attachments on gun switches. Doing bandages when I meant to do first aid. And then compounding the error by doing useless painkillers at like 30 health with a dude who properly used his heals rushes me. The only gaming feeling that's compares for me is blowing like a 2v1 double OT in R6 Siege.

Great game though. I know some chicken dinners are coming in 2s and 4s on Xbox, especially with the head start on the PC version. I don't see why anyone would switch to Xbox unless they're in my specific situation. 4 man crew ready to go on Xbox, no crew on PC, so presumably at launch there won't be more than a handful of players in a given lobby that really knows what they're doing.

edit: This game is so much better than Fortnite.