• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Because you need Xbox Live Gold to play any game online. They can't just skirt their entire policy. That devalues XBL Gold.
Wait what? F2P games on PS4 don't need PS+.

You can actually do this.

EDIT:. Yes I know this isn't a F2P game. I'm saying it's possible to do this if you want.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It has like 6m already.

PUBG has microtransactions right?

You can never have a big enough base for a service game as only a small percentage of owners buy MTs. Expand the base, hook more whales=more profits.

It's also a paid game, so they want that $30 for everyone that gets hooked and ends up buying, even if they don't go on to buy MTs.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You can never have a big enough base for a service game as only a small percentage of owners buy MTs. Expand the base, hook more whales=more profits.

It's also a paid game, so they want that $30 for everyone that gets hooked and ends up buying, even if they don't go on to buy MTs.

No, it doesn't have microtransactions. You get points for each match. 700 = one crate And then it doubles until you unlock 3 each week.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The Xbox One version has no microtrasanctions, no.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No. Not at the moment anyway.

No, it doesn't have microtransactions. You get points for each match. 700 = one crate And then it doubles until you unlock 3 each week.

I stand corrected then. They just want more people to pay the $30 after they get hooked on the trial then.

Really surprised it has no MTs. Wish this would come to PS4 as I don't like the building in Fortnite, but don't want to play with a controller on PC (where I play MS exclusives) and get owned by kb/m players.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what? F2P games on PS4 don't need PS+.

You can actually do this.

EDIT:. Yes I know this isn't a F2P game. I'm saying it's possible to do this if you want.
I'm not saying it's not possible. I'm saying that it's not in their best interest to do that because it devalues Xbox Live Gold in the minds of consumers.

BDubsLegend

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Lol this thread is a Snapshot of some of the more annoying elements of Era. We can't even have a simple informative thread without hot takes. Just imagine if I dropped in the God of war thread like "Yikes can't run at a smooth sixty in performance mode, I'm sure X could handle that." I don't because it's petty. The annoying part is that people like to pretend it doesn't exist or anyone who brings attention to outside of an Xbox thread are playing the victim.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol this thread is a Snapshot of some of the more annoying elements of Era. We can't even have a simple informative thread without hot takes. Just imagine if I dropped in the God of war thread like "Yikes can't run at a smooth sixty in performance mode, I'm sure X could handle that." I don't because it's petty. The annoying part is that people like to pretend it doesn't exist or anyone who brings attention to outside of an Xbox thread are playing the victim.

Yeah you'd probably catch a ban doing that lol

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I heard Fortnite is going to be free that same weekend.

But seriously, when is Xbox getting the new maps?

New map is going to have extremely limited invite-only initial testing during this period, then likely rolling out a few days later.

edit: to clarify..

"rolling out a few days later"... to the new Test Server Client and then to the base game the following month.

Last edited:

GamerEra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...wut
Players are not currency
Why the hell would they stop getting 30$ for which copy when it has no issues selling.
Brb telling Nintendo to make Mario Odissey F2P so it can have more players.
Fortnite is making a hell of a lot of money selling costumes...
PUBG already has a loot crate system so drawing people in for "free" isn't actually crazy at all. It's already free on mobile.
Is this true?

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite is making a hell of a lot of money selling costumes...
PUBG already has a loot crate system so drawing people in for "free" isn't actually crazy at all. It's already free on mobile.

Is this true?
Yes, it is true. It's not getting microtrasanctions until it's out of game preview.
PUBG Mobile has no microtrasanctions either.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It's in the best interest of players.

Fine, let's imagine you don't need Xbox Live Gold for online play of PUBG this weekend while the Free Play Days promotion is on. Free Play Days are an Xbox Live Gold promotion though so you need to be a member to download PUBG for free during the weekend. So what's the point?

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would have fired the console up to give this a go if not for this silly requirement. Oh well.

Didn't the Siege and For Honor free weekends require PS+

Along with the ESO?

Continuing our #10MillionStories celebration, we're thrilled to announce a Free Play event for both PlayStation®4 and PC/Mac players. If you're a PlayStation®Plus member, or want to try the game on PC/Mac, here's everything you need to know to play ESO for free this weekend!

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This thread is just the worst, lmao.

I thought you knew since you called it silly.

It's a silly requirement regardless of the platform. It's a game I'd be interested in checking out to see how it fares on the console these days but yet I'd need a gold sub to do so. In case you were wondering I tried the for honor free weekend on PC and I didn't need to sub to shit.

The only thing that's the worst about this thread are your replies. In the trenches and so deep up to your eyeballs in rat shit that you can't see that the war never actually started.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I would have fired the console up to give this a go if not for this silly requirement. Oh well.

I would've watched Wrestlemania last week if it wasn't for the silly requirement of needing the WWE Network. Oh well.

I would've downloaded Mad Max for free on my PS4 if it wasn't for the silly requirement of needing PS+. Oh well.

I would've streamed House of Cards this weekend if it wasn't for the silly requirement of needing Netflix. Oh well.

Silly companies.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're the one in your feelings over a question, aren't you?

I came into this thread and made a comment about something. My initial reaction upon reading the thread title was "oh great, I'll check that out" then I saw the gold requirement and commented. Big deal.

But hey, deflect, defend it, do your thing. Nothing will ever change if that's your stance.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I came into this thread and made a comment about something. My initial reaction upon reading the thread titles was "oh great, I'll check that out" then I saw the gold requirement and commented. Big deal.

But hey, deflect, defend it, do your thing. Nothing will ever change if that's your stance.

And I just asked you a question since you own a PS4.

I even said my bad but I'm sorry you felt attacked by that question. I didn't mean to upset you at all. I can see this bothered you a lot.

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
This is my most played game on Xbox. Even with it's flaws it's still a very fun experience with friends, and nothing beats that adrenaline when on the final circle.
I also play it on PC but not that regular as in console.

I think that it's a bad timing for an open weekend. Like I said, the game has problems, performance problems and although it's addicted I can see it showing all those problems to everyone and causing some backlash. Let's be honest, the majority of players interested in This game have already bought the early access.

Trying to show what all the fuss is about on a freewekend in it's current state is suicide.
But let's see what happens...

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And I just asked you a question since you own a PS4.

I even said my bad but I'm sorry you felt attacked by that question. I didn't mean to upset you at all. I can see this bothered you a lot.

And what hasn't got to do with anything in a thread about a game that is currently console exclusive to the Xbox?

"This thread is the worst" so you said. Reap what you sow.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And what hasn't got to do with anything in a thread about a game that is currently console exclusive to the Xbox?

Did you even read the thread?

"This thread is the worst" so you said. Reap what you sow.

And you took personal offense to something I said to another user? Like one person didn't apologize for starting a discussion around the wrong game and another started a discussion about it going F2P for no reason?

this thread is full of trash, but I wasn't talk about you. get some self-confidence and self-awareness.

Anyways, if I don't get one win with the influx of new players, I'm going to be pissed.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just make it free to play already.
I'm assuming this is a test to see how many new players they can get.

PUBG is the 14th best selling game of all time. It's never even been in a sale on any platform yet. I don't think they have any need to be looking at F2P?

BDubsLegend

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
What's this issue about requiring gold or ps+? Who really is interested in online games on either service but doesn't have a subscription? I don't have ps+, but I don't intend to play any multi-player games seriously on playstation either. I just don't understand the big deal.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did you even read the thread?

And you took personal offense to something I said to another user? Like one person didn't apologize for starting a discussion around the wrong game and another started a discussion about it going F2P for no reason?

this thread is full of trash, but I wasn't talk about you. get some self-confidence and self-awareness.

So now you're trying to claim innocence? You responded to me with a question. Someone else quoted your post that was directed at me and answered the question to which you responded "this thread is the worst". Lo and behold, suddenly that response wasn't directed at me in the slightest. And again you're making it personal with a few insults sprinkled in.

Rock on, rock on.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's this issue about requiring gold or ps+? Who really is interested in online games on either service but doesn't have a subscription? I don't have ps+, but I don't intend to play any multi-player games seriously on playstation either. I just don't understand the big deal.

You buy these subs to play certain games online. It's a chicken and egg scenario. If the platform isn't your primary platform then sometimes it takes a game that you want to play for a sustained period of time to trigger you subscribing.

I personally don't think they would have anything to lose by opening it up to those without the gold sub for the free weekend. If anything it would get more people to try it out and hence increase the chances that they will convert some people who aren't currently subscribed (along with purchasing the game). But that's just my opinion.