• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
How many copies sold by this time next year do you think guys? Highest concurrent that it will reach?

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wonder what it'll peak at when 1.0 hits. 4?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I thought it has reached that milestone last week when the test server is up.

Nevertheless, amazing as usual. It's not slowing down at all.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EDIT: It's unclear whether SteamCharts includes Test Server numbers in their graph, but because they do not have a separate Test Server entry I'm inclined to believe it combines both test and live servers into 1 entry.

All time peak was a while ago at 2,949,950. Seems like game has plateaued and is now on a downward trajectory. Next month we might see negative gain on Steamcharts for the first time.

4Uy6A15.png

Last edited:

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
All time peak was a while ago at 2,949,950. Seems like game has plateaued and is now on a downward trajectory. Next month we might see negative gain on Steamcharts for the first time.

4Uy6A15.png

Don't you think it can get a boost again from the actual release (1.0) of the game with a new map and features and such. And I bet they throw in some extra advertisement as well around that time.

Felix Lighter

Oct 25, 2017

4Uy6A15.png

This is ignoring the fact that there has been a Test Server with much anticipated set of features and the new map available to play at the same time, pulling hundreds of thousands away from the live version.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't you think it can get a boost again from the actual release (1.0) of the game with a new map and features and such. And I bet they throw in some extra advertisement as well around that time.
It might, but also it might not. Nobody knows. Game was already on a downward trajectory in the western regions, but it kept going up globally because of new player influx from the east regions. Now that the market is saturated globally we might see it going downward for good. I'm not commenting on game quality or anything, just keeping this succinct simply about player count.

OP
OP
Vipu

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is ignoring the fact that there has been a Test Server with much anticipated set of features and the new map available to play at the same time, pulling hundreds of thousands away from the live version.

Was gonna say this same thing, live might be dipping a bit but its just because lots people are playing on test server.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone I know is playing the new map on the test server so I'm surprised at those results. It's really hard to go back to the live version now, thankfully they extended the test for the map until the 20th when 1.0 finally hits.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I picked the game back up when the new Mao came out and I'm nothing but test server now,frame rate is a ton better.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017

4Uy6A15.png

You can practically see in that image where the test server took off for the second phase and the live client playercount suddenly drops by hundreds of thousands of players for no other reason, and the upward blips when Test would go down for a few days. Then they announced that test server would be up until the 20th when all the updates are rolled out on live.

I've definitely known tons of people who have played Test almost exclusively (only going back to live if it's down, or because their region they can't get consistent ping on Test) since November, including some who said that they're going to wait until 1.0 hits live to start playing again.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see those 1.0 numbers. From what I've seen of the test server it really gives the game a second life, and might attract back some lapsed players (and new ones obviously).

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's great. I would congratulate Brendan Greene but the wealth he's found in the industry has soiled his mind.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Xbox version is gonna hit 1m sold pretty soon if i didnt already. Crazy.

I think it will take the title away from Ark as the fastest selling preview game. On a slight tangent, Fortnite is also absolutely killing it right now, not only is it one of the most played X1 games, currently number 2, but it also one of the top paid apps according to MS store. So I fully expect PUBG to do incredibly well on XB1. The market is there and the masses seem to love these types of games.

Last edited: