• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
It's up on Android first, iOS is taking longer due to App Store review.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGMobile/comments/8cvdlg/feedback_welcome_to_pubg_mobile_040/

Major updates:
- Arcade Mode: a new mode with 28 players and one of the six following variations: Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, All Weapons, Melee, Pistols and Item Heaven.
- Training Grounds: try out all the weapons and practice your shooting skills.
- Added a new setting: Dusk.

Over 20 game optimizations, including:
- Enhanced combat experience.
- Added Follow function (both before parachuting and after landing).
- Added automatic door opening, can be enabled in Settings.
- Pause between picking up multiple items automatically has been adjusted.
- 4x and 8x scope performance issue resolved.
- Added a performance chart to the Results screen.
- Adjusted sound effects and some voice chat issues.
- Leaning: movement speed increased, added "Lean & Open Scope" and "Lean & Fire".
- Added flipping tricks for motorcycles.
- Added Nitrous Oxide engines to cars.
- Previously used vehicles are now marked on the mini-map.
- Added 3D Touch firing options to iOS.

There's also new options like a dynamic graphics option, the ability to dismantle duplicate clothing for puzzle pieces that can be redeemed for specific clothing items, and a semi-death cam that zooms from your corpse to your killer.

It's really funny that they have the firing/driving range up before PUBG classic does, but I guess that team is busy making proper new maps.

Also note: this is still not quite up to par with the Chinese version, which has higher end graphics/framerates options and the second map (with map selection). Supposedly those changes and more will come with 0.5, sometime next month.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crushed

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Are they planning on adding the ranges to the PC version of the game?
No clue. I get the feeling that the original lobby (when it was all 100 players on the starting island with guns on the tables) was meant to be for getting some practice, and the rest was up to the player learning it on their own, but that's no longer available. The closest thing you can get to freeform shooting practice in PC PUBG now is to find a custom server, especially a War mode one, and just start shooting.

I don't think they've directly said whether or not they want to add one, even though it's always been a requested feature.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played the 0.4 china release a while back and the number of improvements over the initial 0.3 english release made 0.3 feel pretty bad in comparison. Looking forward to jumping back in. I think the current chinese version already has the second map included?

Are they planning on adding the ranges to the PC version of the game?

Different developer and I would say no. People really liked the War Mode event in PC pubg last weekend which could be seen as a training ground of sorts. Would be nice if that was always available.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's mind blowing just how well it runs. I wish progress and accounts were the same on mobile and console, though.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That arcade mode sounds like another option that should be standard across all these battle royale games.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude hella sweet. I cant wait to check this out.

I'd buy the mobile version on PC instead of the actual game.

Why? The real game offers much more intensity than the mobile version. The tension isn't there on mobile, everybody is really easy to kill.

It's also not as deep as on PC.

Both are fun romps. Different playstyles though.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Why? The real game offers much more intensity than the mobile version. The tension isn't there on mobile, everybody is really easy to kill.

Because the PC version is a mess.

Samsquanchewans

User Permed at their request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN

I'd buy the mobile version on PC instead of the actual game.
if there is one thing they both have in common, they are both aren't region locked. so you're stuck getting teamed up with idiots who does not speak english. and just jump off the first fucking second the prompt goes available.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PUBG mobile is way better than Fortnite mobile as of now. Fortnite mobile has no gyro aiming and has no fire button. Keep it up pubg mobile

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
i bought the PUBG on pc just becasue of how much fun the mobile game is, just to discover that is almost completely different, haha. Yet, amazing game.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Just installed PUBG Mobile on my tablet, it's pretty old so I'm on low settings. I've never played PUBG before on any platform.

I won my very first game lol. Landed in a small group of houses. Never had to leave the area, circle just closed on me. Got 6 kills. I definitely got lucky.

My immediate impression is that this is way fucking better than Fortnite mobile which runs worse on my device and I have serious issues just controlling.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's literally no reason that I shouldn't have a firing range on the PC version.

Even playing War mode, I still can't grasp the shooting fully and I've played 200 hours of this, a dedicated mode I could spend an hour or two in JUST learning how the firing works and how drop is effected would be so big for me.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'll have to play this again, well when it gets approved anyways. Haven't played it for a week or two.

I heard they're adding jailbreak detection on iOS in this version for anyone that cares. I'm not jailbroken anymore due to a couple of reasons, but just putting this out there for those who are.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I really enjoy the mobile version and these are very welcome additions.

Honestly, as a Switch owner, I would take the mobile version of PUBG as the Switch version with cross play with phone users. The control scheme would be very similar so it would remain fair competition.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
It's sad how I'd rather play PUBG on mobile rather than my ONE X. They need to show the Xbox similar performance upgrades.

I'm glad mobile is getting some love.