• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNerd3000

Oct 25, 2017
This game is slated to release soon on Xbox One

I've never played it, but I know it's sold 20M copies on PC so that says something.

But I also hear it's very buggy and has cheaters and no plans yet established to fix all this

Also, it's releasing only in "Preview" form for Xbox One (not the upcoming 1.0 build for PC).

Is it worth a pick up for Xbox One plus the subsequent Xbox Live membership I'd have to get as well?

Will they update the Xbox release to 1.0 eventually or will it cost more to get that version? News on a PS4 release?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'd wait to see how it performs on a controller, cheaters are being continuously banned on PC and the Xbox version will be just as buggy. You'll get all updates for free once you buy it.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Preview games are always upgraded to full release for owners. You wont have to buy it twice.

Oct 26, 2017
This game is slated to release soon on Xbox One

I've never played it, but I know it's sold 20M copies on PC so that says something.

But I also hear it's very buggy and has cheaters and no plans yet established to fix all this

Also, it's releasing only in "Preview" form for Xbox One (not the upcoming 1.0 build for PC).

Is it worth a pick up for Xbox One plus the subsequent Xbox Live membership I'd have to get as well?

Will they update the Xbox release to 1.0 eventually or will it cost more to get that version? News on a PS4 release?

The Xbox One version is made by a small studio and Microsoft help who presumably knows how to use Unreal Engine 4, so expect no cheaters, good servers and less bugs.
No cost for the updates
No words on PS4 release.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pick it up and also pick up Fortnite Battle Royale for free as a crash course in Battle Royale games before you dive in to the harder PUBG

Linkeds2

Nov 15, 2017
North Bay, CA
Cheating also won't be as prominent on Xbox one just because the ecosystem is more tightly secured than windows PUBG (risks are also higher because your entire console can get banned).

In my experience with buying early access games, You don't have to pay for the official release. Your early access version is updated to official release

null_

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played it, just watched twitch streams. The only thing I'm not sure on is how looting and inventory will work with a controller... from what I've seen it's most definitely geared towards mouse and keyboard. Otherwise I'm sure it will be a competent port for the X...

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
I like the fact that everyone will be equal playing with same hardware and probably less cheaters on Xbox One. Except the X maybe.

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Honestly I'd expect the Xbox port to be quite good. Microsoft went out of their way to make sure this game came to Xbox and surely they're going to make sure it performs well as this is a huge get for the platform. Honestly I think the biggest question surrounding the port right now is just how well the game (and looting) will play on a controller rather than something like cheating.

Playing it safe is never a bad call though. Just wait to get impressions from Xbox players when it hits and if the port turns out well then go out and buy an Xbox if you want to play it.

Oct 25, 2017
Cheating also won't be as prominent on Xbox one just because the ecosystem is more tightly secured than windows PUBG (risks are also higher because your entire console can get banned).

In my experience with buying early access games, You don't have to pay for the official release. Your early access version is updated to official release

From my understanding, much of the cheating on PC also comes from China, which won't be a big problem in the Xbox ecosystem, where the majority of players will be from North America.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
what? do you have a source on this?

It's not true. Microsoft is helping Bluehole with the port, sure, but they're still the ones making it. The amount of help they're getting from MS is not clear, but they did say that they're gonna use the Sea of Thieves water tech, and PU said that MS helped a lot with optimization that they will bring to the PC version as well.

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
It's not true. Microsoft is helping Bluehole with the port, sure, but they're still the ones making it. The amount of help they're getting from MS is not clear, but they did say that they're gonna use the Sea of Thieves water tech, and PU said that MS helped a lot with optimization that they will bring to the PC version as well.
ah, that makes more sense. thanks for clearing it up

Deleted member 134

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't own a gaming PC. Asking all these questions here because I couldn't find concrete answers anywhere online. It'll be $30 so it's probably worth it... right?
Yeah but it appears you also don't own an Xbox? I think someone in your situation should wait for the game to release. You'll have all the answers you want.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No one has seen the Xbox ports. The only thing we've seen is at gamescom with the game running on a PC that was "tuned to the Xbox X specs" but yeah, the first look of this game is probably gonna be release day.

I have my doubts that it will be a smooth launch. Well see soon enough!

Deleted member 15538

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

There should be no cheating on consoles? Gltiching and exploiting sure but no external programs. It's either black or white in this case I would think.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You could just wait a couple of weeks to a month before jumping in to see how the performance is.

Oct 26, 2017

It's not true what?
Right now, the majority of the team in South Korea is focused on finishing the PC version. A five-person team in Spanish studio Anticto is working on the console version, according to Greene.

VG247.com

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
We haven't seen it yet, I suggest waiting until it comes out and seeing the reviews.

The Xbox One version is made by a Microsoft studio who presumably knows how to use Unreal Engine 4, so expect no cheaters, good servers and less bugs.
No cost for the updates
No words on PS4 release.

Less cheaters sure, but zero cheaters at all? That's a pretty bold statement.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All of the Game Preview titles come with a one hour trial, I don't see why this would be any different? And I can't wait for it to finally come out on Xbox, the thirst is real.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Bluehole isn't even making it, A 5 person Spanish Studio called Antico is working on the port according to interviews

I mean, I'm sure all 3 are collabing closely but ya

Beef Stallmer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I predict massive performance dips; with a jaguar powering it. I would wait until at least you see it with your own eyes and DF does an article on why the game performs as it does.

If they were actually optimizing the game itself then it would have showed in the pc version long ago. With 2 weeks before the beta, I don't have a lot of faith in a solid performing console title.

I would love to be proven wrong though, the game looks really interesting though I probably could never play it from my couch ; I would be at the edge of my seat constantly :-D

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest question is why is it not in the Xbox store yet??? I know you can pre buy a physical boxes with a digital code in it at stores like Best Buy but why is there no page for it on the in game xbox store.

My friends and I are super excited for it... I am the only one with a PC that can play it so they all waited and I will be joining them on the xbox.

viral

Oct 25, 2017

That's not a Microsoft studio, and you can't really think that only 5 people are making the port. "Right now, the majority of the team in South Korea is focused on finishing the PC version." That means that part of the team is working on the Xbox version, Anticto is probably just helping them.

Oct 26, 2017
That's not a Microsoft studio, and you can't really think that only 5 people are making the port. "Right now, the majority of the team in South Korea is focused on finishing the PC version." That means that part of the team is working on the Xbox version, Anticto is probably just helping them.

Yes, it's not 100% made by Bluhole, but Anticto and Microsoft, the Xbox One version exist because Microsoft wanted the game on their consoles and they are providing resources for the console version, with a better optimization and high knowlegde of UE4, Azure servers and SoT tech.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest question is why is it not in the Xbox store yet??? I know you can pre buy a physical boxes with a digital code in it at stores like Best Buy but why is there no page for it on the in game xbox store.

My friends and I are super excited for it... I am the only one with a PC that can play it so they all waited and I will be joining them on the xbox.

Yeah I went to preorder it the other day and was shocked it's not there.

I'm hoping for it being more stable. It doesn't run well on my pc, so I'm hoping it's better optimized due to them having a target.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I went to preorder it the other day and was shocked it's not there.

I'm hoping for it being more stable. It doesn't run well on my pc, so I'm hoping it's better optimized due to them having a target.

If you want to preorder. Just check cdkeys.com. Its cheaper there and even more now with the black friday coupon. I got it now for 20 euro instead of 30.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
This is from Ybarra :
"I think that developers come to us for help making their game successful. So games like PUBG and many others…with us announcing we're publishing the title that opens up marketing, it opens up a large portion of my team, the Advanced Technology Group, that'll work directly with Bluehole on PUBG to optimize it and bring it to Xbox as fast as possible."
It's safe to say a lot of people are working on it, considering Ybarra's group in Xbox is very large.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I play the game on PC and just picked up an ultra cheap Xbox One on Black Friday, I am eager to see how it even manages to run on the Xbox One, if it's anywhere near decent I will enjoy playing it from my couch. Bit weird that literally no one has seen it yet though.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I have the PC version and look forward to playing the X version, for two simple reasons

1. can play with some IRL friends who don't have gaming PCs but do have consoles
2. no home run code on consoles so shouldn't be any cheaters (beyond stuff you can do in game which i wouldn't really consider cheating)

I've never really had any issue with cheaters on PC but i've only played maybe 40 hours total and always solo queue so obviously my experience is gonna be very different than someone who plays a lot or in teams. Its a fun game but after a while I got kinda bored, its a cool genre but I ended up enjoying watching really good players on twitch rather than playing myself. I find Fortnite a bit too onerous/complex when you factor in building and don't like the visual look, and H1Z1 feels worse in gunplay and weapon choices (no mods) compared to PUBG. PUBG for me sits just right in the feel of everything, hope the console version is pretty good too.

I bought it from best buy with GCU discount ($23), wonder if I get a disc or just a download code.

Shuri

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, wait a minute. Xbox Preview Program?

Do I have to signup for this, or the game will be available from the xbl store as usual?

Oct 27, 2017
Bluehole isn't even making it, A 5 person Spanish Studio called Antico is working on the port according to interviews

I mean, I'm sure all 3 are collabing closely but ya
Correct. Mike Ybarra also has his team assuring them with the game. So it's more of a collaboration between antico and an internal MS team porting the game and getting t up to snuff

Status
Not open for further replies.