• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017

Season 4 will launch on July 24th on PC and later this summer on consoles

edit: Patch notes are here: https://www.pubg.com/2019/07/17/pc-update-4-1-patch-notes-now-on-the-test-server/

map7beach.png

Last edited:

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really impressed by the trailer.
Definitely want to drop back in at some point too.

TrashFuego

Nov 21, 2017
Not too shabby. They are definitely putting money into the cinematics. Sadly I'm so trash at pubg :(

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I've gotten wayyyy back into PUBG the last couple of months, so this has me very excited. New Erangel is going to be sweeeeeeet

Oct 26, 2017
You know Ellie, we really are the Battlegrounds.

Cool trailer though, I'm excited for the future of this game.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
They are setting things up nicely for their upcoming SP content that Glen is making with his new team.

We already knew that 2.0 map has added lots of lore and pointers to past events, and this cinematic sets the stage even better.

Does this still looks and runs like shit on PC?
It always ran fine [for an open world game]. With 2.0, it also looks better.

OP
OP
abracadaver

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Patch notes are here: https://www.pubg.com/2019/07/17/pc-update-4-1-patch-notes-now-on-the-test-server/

Welcome to PUBG SEASON 4! Quick note before we start! As we take a glimpse into Erangel's past, it's the perfect time to talk about the future of PUBG's seasonal content. Going forward, game updates will revolve around new seasons, which will feature new content, skins, gameplay updates, and Survivor Pass with plenty of missions and rewards to enjoy and enrich your experience on the Battlegrounds. This also means we'll be naming our updates a little differently. For example, this is the first update of Season 4 on PC, so it will be referred to as "PC Update 4.1" in the patch notes. Season 4 will launch on consoles in late Summer!

map1.png

map4mansion.png

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Moving while healing!

Even if it is slow, it will help in some situations [to go around the corner when under fire].

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Those fresh 2017 memes

Why? It's a legit critisism, I too quit a year or so ago because the game ran awfully. Instead of being an ass to him, you could instead answer the question since I am sure more people are wondering how it runs, so they can jump back. Not everyone follows a game's development for months after they quit.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Why? It's a legit critisism, I too quit a year or so ago because the game ran awfully. Instead of being an ass to him, you could instead answer the question since I am sure more people are wondering how it runs, so they can jump back. Not everyone follows a game's development for months after they quit.

It's really not, and hasn't been for a long time. Game's been running fine for a good while now, and it's clearly some low-effort drive-by post, the same one that gets spewed any time there's a new PUBG thread on here. If they actually cared, the phrasing would've been something like "Has performance improved at all?" But I'm the ass, lmaooooo

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if I follow. Are you actually implying that the game has always performed exceedingly well and that it looked amazing from the start? Because that was definitely not my experience.

It was a legit question.

To answer your legit question, I have a GTX 1060 laptop and it runs fine for me if I turn down the settings.

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Not sure if I follow. Are you actually implying that the game has always performed exceedingly well and that it looked amazing from the start? Because that was definitely not my experience.

It was a legit question.
It depends on when you stopped playing really. Performance hasn't been an issue since around the start of 2018 imo.

The art style is here to stay. I personally vastly prefer this over something like fortnite

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Walking heals are a sweet addition. And so is everything else they've been adding and fixing. Can't wait to play some rounds soon with my crew.

Have they fixed Exclusive Full Screen not working and being Borderless Windowed no matter what setting you used? It seemed broken a few weeks ago when I last played, the game is stuttery in my gsync setup if I'm not on actual Exclusive Fullscreen.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017

Performance is just fine. I'm running on a 2080ti and getting 120ish frames while my buddy is running on a 1080ti and getting about the same. My brother gets decent frame rates with his 2070 as well.

I will say that installing the game on a SSD greatly improved my performance.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any word on a new map? For me I would like to see a urban setting during night were you can see the tracers from bullets on a map size like Sanhok.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lots of big changes this patch - red dot on the uzi, moving while healing, major vehicle buffs and nerfs

i still don't like what they're doing with map select though (in NA at least). they should have kept it exactly as-is but allow you to select more than one map to queue and make quick join random rather than having it dump you in with single map queuers (thus giving you sanhok/erangel only). having only random maps once the erangel remaster "feature" is done just means i'll be leaving a lot of lobbies again.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in a while so I think I'll hope back in.

Uiki

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Walking heals are a sweet addition. And so is everything else they've been adding and fixing. Can't wait to play some rounds soon with my crew.

Have they fixed Exclusive Full Screen not working and being Borderless Windowed no matter what setting you used? It seemed broken a few weeks ago when I last played, the game is stuttery in my gsync setup if I'm not on actual Exclusive Fullscreen.

There's a regedit fix for that (it's the same for apex) for people on w10 1903.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore\Children

search tslgame.exe and change FLAGS to 211

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Might try and get into this. Now that GOAT BR game Radical Heights is no more(or in w/e zombie state it might return in) I could use a new BR game.

Is the player base like FPS gods now because of how old this game is or do people jumping in have a shooter's chance?

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
He had me at "Upgrades to the ledge grab system"

Reduced maximum bullet travel distance of all shotguns from 1000 m to 150 m.

RIP Shotguns :(

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Feels like a really overly serious trailer given that one of the defining features of the game is the part with you can smack people in the face with a frying pan...

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wanna go back but my duos partner is neck deep in Apex. :/

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game visuals need a complete overhaul, the environment look static, void of atmosphere. And the animation still looks atrocious, really soured me on the game after repeated plays.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
It's really not, and hasn't been for a long time. Game's been running fine for a good while now, and it's clearly some low-effort drive-by post, the same one that gets spewed any time there's a new PUBG thread on here. If they actually cared, the phrasing would've been something like "Has performance improved at all?" But I'm the ass, lmaooooo

Game is still inconsitant on certain maps with every update. I have over 700hrs in pubg. ANd have gone through 2-3 different PC's running on that game with different results.

I have a Radeon 7 card and a R5 1600x yet when I run the game on high it goes all over the place when theres a lot of people. So I set all my settings to low same with a lot of twitch streamers.

Helps the game run more consistent frame rate wise. Like if your in a boat, and aiming wow watch those frames drop.

Game needs to be rebuilt with better code.

I left because lat update they did for Vikendi it literally was like playing at 50fps then going up to 90, then back down again in Goaroka. Game is addictive, but if someone is looking for a seemless game that plays well. It still has performance issues, dsync is still a common issue that we all just kind of live with.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Game visuals need a complete overhaul, the environment look static, void of atmosphere. And the animation still looks atrocious, really soured me on the game after repeated plays.
Note this is a huge map filled with 100 players and tons of items as well as vehicles, on top of having a dynamic weather system. PUBG prioritizes input over everything else, so animation needs to be simplified to accommodate that. All things considered it looks quite good with that much going on.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
The only thing I wish they changed is player movement so it doesn't feel so sluggish. But I doubt that'll ever change. They sure have added a lot to the game though.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is X1X performance any better? I know at launch it was pretty not great and almost unplayable on an S or base Xbox. It's on game pass now so if the performance is better I'll download it again.