• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017

Season 4 is out now on PC!
Coming to consoles later this summer

Season 4 has arrived and with it comes Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH. The first update of the season, 4.1, is now available on live servers.

This update is fully loaded with additions and balances so for a complete rundown of all the changes definitely dive into the 4.1 Patch Notes here.

The update is absolutely amazing!

Notes:
- No the game doesn't run like shit. It's not 2017 Early Access anymore. Performance is amazing nowadays unless you have a potato PC
- Yes you should play again if you haven't started the game in 2019 yet. EVERYTHING in the game has been updated and improved a lot since you last played

edit: It's also on sale now:

Last edited:

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Notes:
- No the game doesn't run like shit. It's not 2017 Early Access anymore. Performance is amazing nowadays unless you have a potato PC

I've played a quick silly game on Newrangel and despite the map looking much better, it has even better performance too.

And I think they've done something to the game's menu too or the update fixed something for me, because it used to have some hiccups and I no longer feel them.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Cool, I will get back in eventually. I had some great times with the game even though my friend and I could never get the dinner.

Jun 1, 2018

Season 4 is out now on PC!
Coming to consoles later this summer

The update is absolutely amazing!

Notes:
- Yes you should play again if you haven't started the game in 2019 yet. EVERYTHING in the game has been updated and improved a lot since you last played

is the netcode still shit? or did they fix that? would make me jump back in teh game, also what about the cheaters?

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
is the netcode still shit? or did they fix that? would make me jump back in teh game, also what about the cheaters?
the game has had 60hz servers for a while now.
It's a PC game, so cheaters will always be present. That being said, I play this game daily and probably run across one cheater per week, if that.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Watched the update vid. What was the $24.99 boost purchase I saw? Can you buy your way through the season? Haven't played the game in a good year at least.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, improved performance and new visuals to erengel sounds right up my valley!

Will check out later tonight

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017

There will always be cheaters. Although I see fewer and fewer of them as time goes by. And there was a DRAMATIC reduction of cheaters once they separated the population regions.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There will always be cheaters. Although I see fewer and fewer of them as time goes by. And there was a DRAMATIC reduction of cheaters once they separated the population regions.

The massive amount of china/korea related cheaters was exactly the reason why I uninstalled. I suppose its time for another look.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it a shot when it comes to consoles. Really loved the core of PUBG when it first arrived on Xbox One but it was too janky for me to insist with all the other BR games running, looking and feeling miles better. This update and the previous ones might just be enough to take me back, we'll see.

OP
OP
abracadaver

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
lol I love the car radio that they added. Hope there will be more music in the future. Reminds me of Battlefield Vietnam

Also all the weapons look much better now. My gold P92 never was this clear and shiny đź‘€

I'm already hooked again. The season pass is great

Smidget

Oct 27, 2017
My most played game ever. It's just amazing and can't wait to play to more and more of it!

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
This is awesome. I'm building a new PC this weekend and I'm so excited to play this since I've only played it on Xbox.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I got a ban during early access and they still haven't rectified it. I won't give up just yet but it's really frustrating not being able to do anything about it. Would love to give Erangel 2.0 a try.

Last edited:

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
I've been playing PUBG off and on since beta and the game is the best it's ever been for sure. The performance is better and the balance changes to both gear and loot distribution have made the game more enjoyable. PUBG Corp have settled into a nice update cadence. Big changes still take a long time but they eventually get it done.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
60hz servers? So are we not getting shot around corners anymore?

A rule of thumb is that a battle Royale always suffers of these issues one way ro the other because there are too many different players all over the region playing on the same server. There's always gonna be some sort of bullshit happening but honestly It's in my experience it's a non issue (at least with a good pc and internet in fpp eu).

As an example (related to this) this happened to Spreezy today.

Also this game is meant to be played on a good pc. Playing this under 60fps with a bad setup is just not right at all. Played the Xbox version which was running like a joke (the game was free when I've loaned a Xbone for RDR 2).

Last edited:

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Might have to see if my friend fancies getting back into this. We played the shit out of it last year, great mutiplayer game for chilling out and having a chat before it gets really intense in short bursts when you run into people.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Might have to see if my friend fancies getting back into this. We played the shit out of it last year, great mutiplayer game for chilling out and having a chat before it gets really intense in short bursts when you run into people.

The Sanhok map is good if you just want if you want it to be on pretty much the entire time.

Oct 31, 2017
As far as I know it has beeen competing toe to toe as the better netcode in the genre for a while.
And allegedly they also fixed the only remaining major issue (the fact that your DPS could occasionally be affected by the framerate) with this last update.

If you want shit netcode you should give a check to Apex Legends, on the other hand.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't played since 2017, but watching that video really sold me on getting back into it. I always heard bad things about the amount of hackers in the game? Is this still a big issue on PC?

Also how are play numbers looking lately?

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played since 2017, but watching that video really sold me on getting back into it. I always heard bad things about the amount of hackers in the game? Is this still a big issue on PC?

Also how are play numbers looking lately?

See above on first person. Can't comment on 3rd person but the reporting system should be the same.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit dude. The remix of the Original PC menu theme that kicks in the video in OP is baller as fuck. Bring that back pls.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Is there bots yet? Still don't understand why they're on mobile and not the other systems.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Booted into a match on new Erangel. Stable framerate from here all the way until the game crashed with about 13 players left.

:/

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
They really need to get the console patches a lot closer to the PC version. A lot of studious have prioritised similar patching times and it works out a lot better for the game.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
-I really like the new Uzi. It was always an underrated gun, now it's a power house.
-The remade map looks way better and more natural, the building interiors are well less cluttered and awkward to navigate and point your gun in, and a lot of the old "welp if you have to run through this you're dead" spots have new cover, though there's a few places so dense with foliage that I need to adjust because it's harder for me to tell when a person is sticking out or not. I also keep thinking that the shack doors are open because they're dark colored now.
-Blaring a dramatic remix of the original early access menu music in your car is hilarious; the vehicles also feel way less harrowing to drive than they have in like a year and a half, where you'd constantly worry that every bump or hard turn would flip you on your side.
-I'm really happy to hear a lot of the OCE players are actually getting Solo games again instead of having to be punted to SEA.

-I'm having some odd momentary frame drops, and there's a weird LOD bug(?) related to zooming in and out where all the textures reload when you unzoom. It's really annoying and the two issues might be related.