• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
Crazy impressive numbers.

I wonder what did the dev team sacrifice to achieve this... Did they all offer their souls to El Matador ?

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Great numbers but I'm slowly starting to sour on the game with the de-syncs.

Ducking behind cover only to be hit with bullets and die because the other player's client is behind is getting very old.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just imagine what it'll be once it hits consoles. If PC sales are that high, XBO/PS4 will dominate.
It's so weird to see that this idea is so pervasive on quite a few places on the internet. Like, a PC game can't ever be "big" by itself, it's always waiting for the privilege of being release on consoles. And only then it'll be accepted as a success.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's so weird to see that this idea is so pervasive on quite a few places on the internet. Like, a PC game can't ever be "big" by itself, it's always waiting for the privilege of being release on consoles. And only then it'll be accepted as a success.

I didn't say it wasn't a success.

Just that when they definitely eventually arrive, imagine how much more money they'll make.

Didn't mean to talk down on the PC.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
It's slightly strange being one of those who isn't part of that 19M+, and I don't have any interest in playing. I absolutely love watching others play it though!

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Insane numbers. Game is apparently pretty great, huh?

I am intimidated by this kind of competition myself, but I've been known to overlook that in the past if a game is THAT good.

How fun is PUBG just to wade in and kinda suck at?

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
The game isn't THAT good, especially now with the rampant cheating. It was better when I first got in and now it's an exercise in masochism.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I meant on PS4, but thanks.

Does uc4 counts? It was heavily bundled and from what I recall. (but perhaps these metrics always count bundles, so it's OK)

Oh on Ps4. I thought the question was about Sony 10 million sellers.
Well it's technically a sale. If you count them or not in your own valuation is up to you.

Games got bundled since forever, but you're right this is more relevant today with basically every console sold being bundled with a game.
People also like to cut out Wii Sports for that same exact reason.

If you ask about a not heavily bundled 10 million seller Sony game on Ps4, the answer is none.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Insane numbers. Game is apparently pretty great, huh?

I am intimidated by this kind of competition myself, but I've been known to overlook that in the past if a game is THAT good.

How fun is PUBG just to wade in and kinda suck at?
Pretty fun

Because of the way the element of randomness in the loot it is possible to have a good time or a shit time no matter how 'good' you are at the game.

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If PUBG really does hit 1.0 next month, then it's a lock for most, if not all, GOTY awards. I really want BotW or Odyssey to get tons of awards but PUBG took the gaming world by storm.

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
I am excited for it to launch on consoles so I can jump in. I really hope it is successful there too so that there is a large and persistent enough community to assure good matchmaking for months to come for those of us that prefer controllers.

Oct 27, 2017
Vienna
you're probably going to need an Xbox one x only to get decent performance...these developers have a track record of constantly making the code worst.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
I started playing this just a couple of weeks ago and I'm still playing, having way more fun with it than I expected to in all honesty. It has a ton of potential IMO, can't wait to see new maps and weapons, only one major complaint, the performance sucks.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
OK I didn't follow the game all to much but this is very surprising to me.

Thought, especially after fortnite, the sales would go down.

Deleted member 20296

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the hook is that initial drop in and scramble for good weapons. Me and my friends love it and me and my friends fucking suck at it. Think I've had two chicken dinners ever.

I hope they have a clear plan though. It's janky and with a userbase that large there's a good chance they will get paralysed out of fear of large change angering the users.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Yeah i don't think anything like this ever happened
No single player
Small developers (limited budget/small marketing/etc)
Early access game
1 Map only for multiplayer

Every other developer/publisher will try to copy them, 20million copy with very little effort, people are in love with the idea of the game since everywhere i read people complain how the game is full of bugs, runs bad on their pcs, too much jank etc
I think its the simplicity that makes it such a success. Spawn with 100 people be and the last man standing. It's the only game I ever played where camping is fun

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
What a phenomenon. Does this have a chance of being the most successful new IP ever?

Halgem

Oct 31, 2017
Nothing stops this game, does it? This really is a phenomenon. I tried to get into by watching a couple of streams, but I think this is just not my type of game. Still, its success is incredible.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Interested to see how this does on Xbox One this year. Just glad it's finally coming to console and I'll have a chance to play it.

C4lukin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tejas
I believe 5 million copies sold on xbox platform at end of the year. I'll eat my hat if it's one unit below that.

That seems a little crazy. In just a little under three weeks, without Black Friday sales...

I think two million would be amazing, three million maybe at most which would be super crazy.

5 million seems highly unreasonable, but who knows in this day. I just cannot imagine it.

foxbeldin

Oct 27, 2017
I'm old and out of touch because I still don't understand this phenomenon. Maybe I should buy it and try to get in on the PUBG train. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Only way I can see PUBG train stopping is that either there is some kind of crackdown in China, or a more attractive alternative comes out. So yeah not going to stop any time soon I think.

Congrats to devs!

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Wasn't it was 16 million copies sold like yesterday ??!!! I'm eager to see how well it will sold on Xbox (crazy well I guess).
We need a gif or a meme for the PUBG Train ; nothing can stop this.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
It's insane how fast this game got popular, they snagged onto a simple but winning formula. I'm not too interested in playing it at the moment but I hope they continue to improve the experience for everyone by addressing the criticisms, they'll defintely have enough resources for several continued years of development right now and it's just growing like crazy.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Seriously, how did a game in Beta form reach these numbers? or did it leave the beta?
This game came out of nowhere and destroyed all records, no one i know even heard of it.
Crazy times.

Peace

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
France
What's so special about this game? Seriously asking.

I don't play FPS so this doesn't interest me but I wanna know why everyone does.
Especially when I read comments here that it only has 1 map or something.

What makes this game so addictive?

To me it's mostly the thrills, you have to be sneaky, fast and precise. You're always on the edge in this game and you have to think a lot before doing anything. Guns sounds are top notch too, you can't wait to shoot but you still have to retain your urge.

Tha game can be random too, so you always have a chance to shine.

If only it didn't have so many bugs, network problems and cheaters, maybe a smaller map too, it would be better, but it's legit to me and i'm not even a shooter player.

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved.

It will be interested to see if the numbers spike even further once it hits 1.0 - the addition of vaulting is going to change this game significantly, to the point where it will completely change the game. For better or worse is up for debate, will be interesting watching the meta shift significantly.

Congrats to the PUBG Company, Bluehole and Brendan. Long may it continue.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell? It was 17 a couple days ago, it's gonna be 20mil before the end of the day, isn't it? Add the fact it's going to be on Xbox One soon, it will be sold in shops, and that Christmas will inevitably bring tons of new players on PC and Xbox alike... where will this game stop at the end of the year? 25mil? 30mil? Pretty sure that by the end of the first 12 months it's going to break all kinds of non-mobile records, and I suspect the amount of downloads will compete with many popular and free mobile games.