• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
The interview comes from Wccftech: https://wccftech.com/playerunknown-xbox-gaming-60fps-xb1x/amp/

Definitely on Xbox One X, 60FPS. On Xbox One, we're not sure. We may have to limit it at 30FPS, maybe, but the last time I saw it, it was running at about 30 to 40. We're still constantly improving it so, you know, the aim is to get to 60. That's why we're doing Game Preview, because I think the great thing about console is it's a locked hardware system, so we can do really specific tweaks that tune it for those systems.

I have great faith that we'll get there. The great thing about Battlegrounds is that it's not…unlike the more high paced shooters, frame rate isn't that important. Yes, it is important, but it's not as important for us as it is in a twitch shooter. So we're aiming for 60; not sure if we'll get there, but that is our aim.

The article also mentions 4k textures being on PC and X, but he said they still have to make them.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If One X is 60 and One may be 30, does this imply there's no "framerate parity" stipulation for multiplayer games?

Cuco2Casual

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing Phil isnt pushing that silly parity policy like Sony is. Buy premium product, expect premium performance as it should be.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Will believe it when i see it, one of my friends has a beast rig and he told me this game run will never run on a Ps4 or Xbox without problems in it´s current state, he is not a fanboy or hater.

So yeah let´s see how they will handle this, hoping for the best.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm a little skeptical that he actually knows that PUBG will hit 60fps on the X1X.

It's a bit of a surprising decision, if true. It makes me less interested in the XBO version, that's for certain.

The great thing about Battlegrounds is that it's not…unlike the more high paced shooters, frame rate isn't that important. Yes, it is important, but it's not as important for us as it is in a twitch shooter.

Also saying that "frame rate isn't that important" makes me a little worried.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
If One X is 60 and One may be 30, does this imply there's no "framerate parity" stipulation for multiplayer games?
I never thought that there was...it seemed it was a "content" parity. Things could look better, play better (framerate), but you should still be able to do the same things within the game.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For a shooter that is not graphically intensive, wouldn't 60fps be the standard expected even on base consoles?

Deleted member 26104

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Will believe it when i see it, one of my friends has a beast rig and he told me this game run will never run on a Ps4 or Xbox without problems in it´s current state, he is not a fanboy or hater.

So yeah let´s see how they will handle this, hoping for the best.
Microsoft sent engineers to work with Bluehole to essentially make the XB1 version though, so I think they will have optimised it a hell of a lot.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing Phil isnt pushing that silly parity policy like Sony is. Buy premium product, expect premium performance as it should be.
There is no "parity" between Pro and the standard PS4, This is blatantly just a case of both will be targeting 60, but one will be at 60 or close to and the other will be all over the place.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I would think there would be some backlash if this happened.

But... Why? I will never understand this, because this is how it is on PC since PC and Multiplayer games exist and it was never a problem there. :D

Also, it already happened on PS4, even in the same genre! You can play Fortnite in rock solid 60FPS on the Pro or 30 - sometimes 60 on standard PS4.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
I'd be OK with this if they separate those playing on One X with those playing one One S and before, otherwise you can forget about this game having any kind of comp scene on console.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Why? People play with elite/scuff controllers also wich give them a edge.

Unless they'll be in separate lobbies, the Xbox X owners will have a huge advantage over the bigger install base Xbox One owners based purely on how the game itself is running without extra peripherals.

Elite controllers are applicable for both Xbox types, you can't simply ask every Xbox One owner to buy an Xbox X.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Unless they'll be in separate lobbies, the Xbox X owners will have a huge advantage over the bigger install base Xbox One owners based purely on how the game itself is running without extra peripherals.

So just like every game on PC?
People are willing to pay more. They shouldnt be hold back. And to be fair you never gonna notice if you got killed by a person on the X or the S and 60fps doesnt make a player suddenly a way better player also.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's actually impressive if true.
Seeing how unstable PUBG on PC is at the moment, that would actually be a bizarre case of the console version being the better way to play for me. If I could get used to a controller for the game, anyway.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

On PC you can always modify and lower settings to prioritize frame rate if you choose to, that won't be an option here. One portion of the players will be naturally stuck with half the performance of the other portion of the players.

I can't believe this is even being argued.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
It's not good thing. Expect huge backslash then. It's not a problem in singleplayer, but in multiplayer, oh yes, it's a problem
Backlash? Some of you are blowing this out of proportion.

On PC you can always modify and lower settings to prioritize frame rate if you choose to, that won't be an option here. One portion of the players will be naturally stuck with half the performance of the other portion of the players.

I can't believe this is even being argued.
On lower PC configs you cannot increase the framerate at all because of the relatively weak hardware. Why shouldn't this be argued?

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
They better include a frame rate lock option then cause this sounds like unlocked to me. No way the X is holding a good 60.

imt558

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

60 is 60. There isn't any difference in input lag if someone use Scuff, elite. Player is just more precise in aiming.
Same with racing games if someone play with wheel, other with gamepad. But 60fps on both is 60. Period. Yes, there will be a huge backslash if regular Xbone owner plays in 30 fps against Xbone X owner who plays at 60

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

You cant seriously compare the gain of doubling the framerate with gaining a few milisecond on a controler.
Especially in an online competitive shooter, where its the network tickrate that rules everything above local input.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Anyone here even plays the test server build of the game? It runs noticeably smoother than the current stable version. I think the final version will end much better optimized than people assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.