• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This is continuing at a fast pace.

Anyone who has purchased or purchases PUBG on Xbox One and has created a character before January 31 at 12AM PST will receive this bonus, so if you've been waiting to jump onto the island, now is the perfect time to become a part of our growing community on console. Bonus Battle Points will be delivered and appear directly in players BP accounts (right below their gamertag) after February 1, 2018 at 12AM PT.

Main News Page Link
Details on content update #6

Today we're excited to announce another milestone for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG): the community of players on console has now grown to over 4M players! We're thrilled to see the community continue to grow and have been inspired by everyone's enthusiasm for the game – with your ongoing support and feedback we will continue to evolve PUBG and create the best experience for Xbox players.

This week we deployed the sixth content update for the game, delivering numerous gameplay, optimization and bug fixes. More details on all the updates we've made since launch can be found here.

Last edited:

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
Fair fucks for 4 million players. I didn't think that console players would jump onboard as much as PC players, but I'm happy to have egg on my face. Hope it isn't too long before it comes out on PS4.

Nov 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Love on Xbox. Got my fill of chicken dinners but now I'm waiting for some significant performance improvements. Can't wait for it to be up to snuff.

Bax

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
My 35 kids on my shared account are having a great time with it. Seriously though, this game is huge. Congrats on its success. Hasn't this been the number one paid game on Xbox Live for a few weeks now?

OP
OP
Gestault

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Sheesh!

How is this in comparison to Fortnite's numbers?

Last I'd seen PUBG was still one place lower on the overall XBL usage charts, but it was top on the paid game charts by quite a bit. As of yesterday on Twitch and Mixer, PUBG was higher in viewership (though it was super close).

AFAIK, we haven't seen any up-to-date player count for Fortnite on individual platforms, but it's still suuuper high.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
So maybe 1 million sales now with all the game sharing going on? Totally joking. PUBG is fucking killing it and I haven't had this much fun playing with friends since the Halo 2 days.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I play on PC, so I am a tad salty, but I wonder if the Steam marketplace has prevented them from doing it on PC or if this is a Microsoft encouraged thing.

Good for PUBG!

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Thats a lot of caps, brown shoes and off white jeans!

Been playing this every night with the lads, with mixed results, glad its keep going and the patches are thick and fast, loads more to do tho.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
The Sea of Thieves beta last night was the first time I meaningfully played something other than PUBG since release.

And yet, PUBG is still pretty much all I think about it. I struggle mightily to get 80-100 hours out of a game without it completely burning me out, but I'm at 140+ and still cooking with high heat.

What an experience, and congrats to Bluehole, PUBG Corp, and Microsoft for the success they have seen so far!

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Is the netcode as bad on xbox? PC is so horrible, at the start of the match it is a coin toss on who lives in 1v1.

Dwinn7

Oct 27, 2017
Last I'd seen PUBG was still one place lower on the overall XBL usage charts, but it was top on the paid game charts by quite a bit. As of yesterday on Twitch and Mixer, PUBG was higher in viewership (though it was super close).

AFAIK, we haven't seen any up-to-date player count for Fortnite on individual platforms, but it's still suuuper high.

Yeah it seems like they were alternating in viewership. Fornite BR being free AND on more platforms is also huge for it.

Great to see both games pushing each other

Dantero

Jan 23, 2018
Wow. Great news seems to be coming in for Xbox every day in 2018. Exciting times.

Wel done Bluehole and Microsoft.

OP
OP
Gestault

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it seems like they were alternating in viewership. Fornite BR being free AND on more platforms is also huge for it.

Great to see both games pushing each other

Yeah, I've stopped playing both for the last few weeks due to lack of free time, but I've gotten tons of playtime out of both, and I'm normally disinterested in traditional competative multiplayer. Having two high-quality, low-priced options for this genre has been great, for my taste.

Nice! i'll still be rocking my dirty brown khaki's and piss stained white t shirt though

I legitimately unlocked a pretty nice colorblock sports shirt, and I decided it was too nice for me, so I went back to default grimy white.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
That is insane. My group has been going a little too hard on the game lately. We had a night last weekend where we got 4 chicken dinners in 5 or 6 games and got in the top 500 on the leaderboards, but it's been pretty spotty since then and the salt is starting to rise to the surface. May need to lay off a bit if we can stop ourselves. Game is too damn fun despite the continuing issues and the constant patching has been great.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love and hate the game. Love it because it's the most tense and exciting multiplayer game I can think of since forever, haven't feel such rush since the good old days of arena shooters probably, and even that was completely different. Hate it because there's still a lot of "killer jank": vehicles acting up, crashes, hit detection being wonky, framerate often going the shitters, etc. - with how long some matches can be it's disheartening when you're on a roll and you die after 20 minutes because the game acts up.

But holy shit this game is good. The success is well deserved, and I gladly take those 30k battle points. The clothes are fairly useless per se, but it's a cool little bonus to have. My character looks pretty dope right now.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Well done. I do wonder if it will be able to take the top spot for most played game on X1? It is currently 4th behind Fortnite, GTAV and COD. It continues to be the top paid app. For those interested the current top paid apps are in reverse order to most played.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
So, with the 30,000 bp, would it be better to pace spending those out over like 42 weeks? Or do the rewards in the crates get better with subsequent purchases in the same week?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Remember, if you can, don't rinse all of that 30,000 BP in one go. The chests get more expensive with each one your buy (they don't get better, they just cost more) and then that resets on a Monday. So try and make it last and you'll get a lot more crates out of it.

EnvyMKII

Nov 3, 2017
Remember, if you can, don't rinse all of that 30,000 BP in one go. The chests get more expensive with each one your buy (they don't get better, they just cost more) and then that resets on a Monday. So try and make it last and you'll get a lot more crates out of it.

I'm pretty sure there's a hard cap on the amount of crates you can buy in a week anyways, I dont think you can drain the 30,000 in a single week unless you also change your character's look around a bit too.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I want those 30k too on PC. Bluehole, please

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure there's a hard cap on the amount of crates you can buy in a week anyways, I dont think you can drain the 30,000 in a single week unless you also change your character's look around a bit too.

Ah, ok. I usually buy two in a week then wait till the reset. So I didn't know!

reaper

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played the game in a few weeks. Curious about one thing. I play with inverted FPS controls. When I set that up, the map controls also became inverted. I did not like that. Has this been changed or has an option been added to allow me to control the map non-inverted?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait a minute... How the hell do you buy lootboxes!? I've put 40 hours into this game on my Xbox One X and I didn't even realize you could buy them, lol.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I am amazed about the success of this game while I probably will never play it. That is a lot of players in a very short time frame.