• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
I really hate how Netflix jams music groups into their episodes. Did they make a deal with some label to promote them?

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you follow that clickbait tweet it actually doesnt mention cancellation at all lol

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
First episode was great, except for the Man In High Castle lady who sucks in everything she appears in. Damn shame. Will continue to binge the show tomorrow. I'm rooting for you Frank!

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've still got Iron Fist S2 and Daredevil S3 before I'm all caught up on these shows, anyone who's finished this can you confirm whether it makes even the SLIGHTEST tangential reference to either of those? Cause I might watch it first if not, my wife won't watch Punisher with me but I gotta wait for her to watch the other two.

Isak_Borg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've still got Iron Fist S2 and Daredevil S3 before I'm all caught up on these shows, anyone who's finished this can you confirm whether it makes even the SLIGHTEST tangential reference to either of those? Cause I might watch it first if not, my wife won't watch Punisher with me but I gotta wait for her to watch the other two.

On Episode 8 and no references to the other shows so far.

I do know Page shows up at some point but that's it.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
got some cronenberg crash vibes from those...scenes...

almost binged the whole thing today. got 3 eps left. not sure how much i like the doc in this and the romance plot but overall having fun watching.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just finished it. Very mixed bag for me, maybe slightly above Iron Fist S2 or around that level.

Like all these shows 13 x 55 minute episodes is just too fucking much. It's a slog getting through them and they mistake convoluted plotting for complexity. Too many characters to keep track of and it's just exhausting. 8 episodes would be so much more concise and tolerable.

But Jon Bernthal is fucking awesome again and the fight scenes are significantly improved from last season though the gore takes a bit of a hit, with some really bad CGI gore later on.

Also the tame sex scenes and curtailed language is just pathetic in a show where you can show dozens of people get riddled with bullets and blood splatter all over the screen smh.

The new psychiatrist character was dogshit and the main romance of the season was a total misfire.

Pilgrim was an interesting villain but also felt a bit like an also-ran who dipped in and out whenever it was convenient.

They also had the potential to confront Castle's violence in a provocative way but totally chickened out
imagine if he actually did kill people in the crossfire!

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
On Episode 6 right now. Why, oh why, is it 13 episodes long?
Do not get me wrong, it has actually been okay so far, but there is no doubt some shit that could have been trimmed already.
And every single Marvel Netflix show suffers from the same fate. Too long for no real damn good reason.
Otherwise I do dig it, I just wish I did not check how many episodes long it is. Just no damn need.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Whew... Episode 1 was great. I need to watch this with a bottle of whiskey. Then I can pour out a little for the season 3 we'll never get.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Russo looks like he just had light stitches. Best Jigsaw design still goes to Punisher: War Zone.
punisher-war-zone-jigsaw-dominic-west.jpg

Deleted member 11069

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know everybody has different shows on their Netflix profile landing page and I understand that this is cancelled... But man there was not one promo/link for it on mine.
Had to litterally search for it. Buried deep like Ms.castle.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I want to skip every single scene with Billy/Doctor/Madani, but Pilgrim / Frank and the girl are really great.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
See the real question here is what is the name of the band from Episode 1 at the bar?

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
I feel like I want to skip every single scene with Billy/Doctor/Madani, but Pilgrim / Frank and the girl are really great.

Pretty much this. Though even Pilgrim is such a boring villain. A pontificating religious psychopath. How many times have we seen that shit before?
But watching Frank is always a treat. I wouldn't have minded following the adventures of Pete Castiglione on the road for an entire season.

Oct 26, 2017
Watched the first 6. Pacing is painfully slow. Hope it picks up because it's not matching the first season at all so far.

Huh?

The first half of the season is much better paced than last season. The problem with the first season is how the first half of the season felt very disjointed and lacking in a clear vision (all the side stuff with Lewis was nonsense and unnecessary). In this season, we have more character work leading to interesting comparisons and contrasts in addition to the overall narrative being much clearer.

Oct 26, 2017
Russo looks like he just had light stitches. Best Jigsaw design still goes to Punisher: War Zone.
punisher-war-zone-jigsaw-dominic-west.jpg

People care way too much about the looks. I do wish that Billy's scars were more grotesque and fitting of the punishment that Frank dished to him, but they don't need to be verbatim from the comics. The characterization is what should matter.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
People care way too much about the looks. I do wish that Billy's scars were more grotesque and fitting of the punishment that Frank dished to him, but they don't need to be verbatim from the comics. The characterization is what should matter.
The man was beaten to fuck, had his face scraped across a broken mirror, and has minor facial scars

People are right to mock it

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
On episode 8, spent far too much time watching the season today and have to go to bed now. The action scenes are great, just tons of people getting messed up in the most brutal ways, the close combat shots are always hilariously brutal.

The core storylines are a bit of a letdown, but the show does make up for it with spades of violence.

The Russo storyline is incredibly underwhelming, just that character being unable to remember Frank fucking up his face and hiring vets to do robberies, such a shame the second half spends so much time on that character instead of focusing on the Ashley plot line. The scars on Russo are also hilariously low key compared to how they build him up as some horribly disfigured monster, but I guess it could be more of a thing where it affects Russo picture of himself more than the people around him.

The Ashley plot is the highlight of the season and her character is really awesome, she has a great dynamic with Frank despite his tough love methods.

This season also has a weird habit of discarding characters really quickly, especially Beth being essentially forgotten after episode 1 is a bit jarring when she's the first woman Frank really opened up to after the passing of his wife.

Sad that the show is pretty certainly cancelled, I would love a third season that had a better storyline and more awesome action scenes.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3 episodes in. This is great. I imagine the slog starts soon but hopefully they finish strong. But yeah, very strong first 3 episodes.