• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck is Mitt Romney voting to lift sanctions?! Mitt you were right when you debated Obama in 2012, why aren't you leaning on that you twit?
Fucking facts.

I've always wondered if Putin saw that exchange, saw Obama downplay the Russians and realized he could do what he wanted and it would prove Obama to be wrong, so he did it. Obama would have to ignore his actions, or end up looking foolish by admitting he was wrong and Russia was a thread.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sad thing is like 15 years from now everyone will be talking about how Mitt is the beacon of modern conservatism, much like they did with McCain completely ignoring their actual record as politicians.

At least McCain sunk the ACA repeal. That, for anyone, would be a career defining moment.

Romney's claim to fame when all is said and done that he didn't vote on changing the name of a Post Office, or some such other worthless bullshit.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Romney is going to try to be loyal to Trump and not Trump at the same time.

Win Trump supporters but have puff pieces written about him on how he's different.

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
What is even the argument against these sanctions? Better relations with Russia means better business? God, this country is broken

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What is even the argument against these sanctions? Better relations with Russia means better business? God, this country is broken
what the hell is the argument against this? I don't understand?!?
Per Romney's spokesperson:

A spokeswoman for Romney said his vote "was in line with longstanding U.S. policy and will help preserve our leverage to gain concessions from other bad actors. The senator expects the administration to reimpose sanctions if these companies don't comply."

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised by any of this, but FUCKING LOL at Mitt Fucking Romney. These guys just can't help themselves, it's like they get off on being hypocritical pieces of shit.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Party of traitors confirmed. The GOP deserve to fall into the dustbin of history.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I know it's consistent on his past votes being against Russian sanctions already, but boy I wonder things would play out if there was enough R support (just 2 more) and if Bernie still refused to vote as #60

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The GOP is a cancer on American democracy. They are a hurtful, destructive force, and the single most dangerous threat facing the American people, full stop. The history books will show this -- if we still have history books.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Mitt Romney voted yes? I for one am shocked
They don't call him R (Russian) Money for nothing. Putin runs the executive and legislative branches of of our government. Soon he'll get another couple more judges when Clarence retires and RBG's slot opens up.

I'm freaking out if anyone has noticed.

God help the United States of America because the GOP certainly won't.

Last edited:

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Romney you insipid, simpering, convictionless stooge.

The GOP are clearly up to their eyeballs in kompromat.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal

That's why he missed it

What about these:

Bernie Sanders voted with Republicans against Russian sanctions:​
2012 Magnitsky Act- Nay
2014 Russia Sanctions- Nay
2017 Russia Sanctions- Nay (twice)
Today, didn't vote​
Bernie is batting 100% for the Kremlin with his votes​

(Also the woman in your avatar threw her support behind Jill Stein and helped get Trump elected, and Bernie's chief strategist Tad Devine worked for pro-Russian candidates alongside Paul Manafort, so do you really have a problem with Bernie not voting against Russian interests?)

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I gotta be brutally honest, I was, and still count myself as, a bernie bro. I'm all in with his movement, but Tad Devine was his chief strategist. And if you follow the trail of shit, it'll lead you straight to Manafort and a ton of Russians. Devine and Manafort worked in the same circles and were basically buds. He was the first witness in Manafort's trial for a reason, so we already know he's all in Mueller's radar.
And then you have the hack on Hilary's campaign back then before we knew how deep the Russians were getting in our politics....

Just saying...

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
As I've been asked many, many times for other things: was he the deciding vote?
Romney wasn't the deciding vote either, are you going to complain that people in this thread are being mean to poor Mittens?

(Also the woman in your avatar threw her support behind Jill Stein and helped get Trump elected, and Bernie's chief strategist Tad Devine worked for pro-Russian candidates alongside Paul Manafort, so do you really have a problem with Bernie not voting against Russian interests?)
Personally, I don't really care about the sanctions.
I thought so.
Strange thread to be in if you don't care about Russian sanctions, since that's literally all that it's about, gotta defend Bernie though...

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
What's the Republican spin on this one? Has anyone even bothered to provide a justification?

And the Republicans Senators who voted with the Democrats, that very much reeks of McConnell allowing a few Senators to pretend to save face without tipping the scales.
TRUMP HAS BEEN SO HARD, THE HARDEST PROBABLY, ON RUSSIA. MORE THAN EVERYONE EVER.

so let's just leave them alone from now one guys. Right? Right.......

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Russian oligarchs are bad, but we don't even scratch at the surface of domestic oligarchs.
Whataboutism, a tactic mastered by the Soviet Union / Russia...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

1. Opposing the two are in no way mutually exclusive. And the Russian oligarchs have done plenty to fuck with "domestic issues" in case you haven't noticed.

2. Yes who cares if the oligarchs are Americans or Russians who represent the interests of a hostile foreign power trying to destroy the US... same difference!

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, for the record, this seems to be about the vote split that would happen on an indictment if Mueller suggests impeachment.

You'd think Mittens would at least ask McConnel to be one of the no votes so he could LOOK like he's anti-russia without actually changing the results.