• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
This is a sign that Putin knows that the gig is up and forcing Trump to do what he was paid to do before the shit hits the fan.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
If you had told me that the USA would become puppet nation of Russia a decade ago I would not have believed you.

Oct 25, 2017
So, for the record, this seems to be about the vote split that would happen on an indictment if Mueller suggests impeachment.
Doubt it. I'm still sure that every Republican would defend Trump. Tom Cotton and John Boozman, my senators fall in line and vote for everything Trump wants (barring Russian sanctions). Someone from my state confronted Tom Cotton the other day about reopening the government, and he just parroted Mitch McConnell's "we're gonna vote on something the president will sign" BS.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doubt it. I'm still sure that every Republican would defend Trump. Tom Cotton and John Boozman, my senators fall in line and vote for everything Trump wants (barring Russian sanctions). Someone from my state confronted Tom Cotton the other day about reopening the government, and he just parroted Mitch McConnell's "we're gonna vote on something the president will sign" BS.
Keep in mind that if Mueller suggests an indictment he will have a rock solid case with enough public opinion on it to get at least most of the senators that voted to keep sanctions here on board.

Oct 27, 2017
Country literally compromised by Russian stooges that collectively are the GOP. They are composed of only the most hypocritical of projectors.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hell? What ya doing Bernie. I'm sure he released a statement on why he voted no in the past.
He was in a meeting with victims of sexual assault/harassment. That's why he missed this vote.

As for the other votes:

This isn't really telling the whole truth of it. Bernie opposed the original Magnitsky Act, but so did Obama until later on. He voted for the 2015 version. He didn't vote for the 2017 sanctions specifically because it also included Iran sanctions (see his statement here: http://archive.is/9EhZG).

Unless I'm missing something, he supported the 2014 sanctions and if anything has been openly anti-Putin:

• On March 17, 2014, Sanders wrote in an official statement, "The entire world has got to stand up to Putin. We've got to deal with sanctions."

• On Feb. 4, 2016, during an MSNBC Democratic primary debate, Sanders said, "I worry about Putin and his military adventurism in the Crimea and the Ukraine." (Sanders did go on to say that he ranked the "isolated" nation of North Korea as the most serious national security threat to the United States, above Russia, without minimizing Russia's threats.)

• Feb. 11, 2016, during a PBS Democratic primary debate, Sanders said, "Right now, we have got to do our best in developing positive relations with Russia. But let's be clear: Russia's aggressive actions in the Crimea and in Ukraine have brought about a situation where President Obama and NATO — correctly, I believe — are saying, you know what, we're going to have to beef up our troop level in that part of the world to tell Putin that his aggressiveness is not going to go unmatched, that he is not going to get away with aggressive action. I happen to believe that Putin is doing what he is doing because his economy is increasingly in shambles and he's trying to rally his people in support of him. But bottom line is: The president is right. We have to put more money. We have to work with NATO to protect Eastern Europe against any kind of Russian aggression."

https://www.politifact.com/punditfa...rnie-sanders-fine-russian-annexation-crimea-/

Now, I think it's true that prior to his presidential run Bernie was fairly uninterested in foreign policy and lightning focused on economics. He's been working on that, and his entire Progressive International project with Yanis Varoufakis is meant to counteract the spread of right wing populism propped up by Russian aid. So I don't think there's any reason to be suspicious of his motives.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Rotten to the core. The GOP has no redeeming values whatsoever. In a better timeline it would've died out years ago.