• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine this to be an "Ultra" version if anything.

But... how do you Ultra Puyo Puyo or Tetris? :L

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_ori4akesfU1vheqneo1_400.png

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Puyo Puyo 2 about to make its comeback as the king of competitive gaming, belie dat!

S2PID

Oct 31, 2017
Omg I'm free. This day could not get any better.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is in a weird spot for Puyo fans because the better you got at Puyo, the less you are encouraged to play it lol. Tetris is just too good in every game mode at higher levels, even in Swap mode. Puyo Puyo has really needed this chance to shine on its own.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
What will be the first scandal of Puyo Puyo Tetris e-sports scene?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if this is a Direct announcement.

High level Puyo Puyo might as well be astrophysics to me. Fun to watch but I'll stivk with the baby modes in Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Well that sounds like a thing with close to zero mass appeal in the west. I would still be in if if they provide enough local multi options and a beefy sp.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Hopefully this is something that'll be making its way over here. I know people have been wanting a just puyo game for a long time now.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, but Tetris is the more esports-y part though, not Puyo Puyo. lol

It isn't. Puyopuyo competitions are way more insane than Tetris ones. They're both as equally esportsy. The reason it was Tertris in Puyo Puyo Tetris that became the main one people used was because it's a lot quicker to make chains in Tetris using the Tetris mechanics than it is to try and set up combos since you get so much garbage sent at you from the tetris side that it becomes too difficult.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puyo Puyo is one of the games recognized by Japan's eSports organization (meaning players can get pro licenses to compete for money), so that's pretty cool.

If it's a pretty basic package, I hope we get it over here in the west.

Watch the E stand for Ecolo

2374685-ecolo.png

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
It isn't. Puyopuyo competitions are way more insane than Tetris ones. They're both as equally esportsy. The reason it was Tertris in Puyo Puyo Tetris that became the main one people used was because it's a lot quicker to make chains in Tetris using the Tetris mechanics than it is to try and set up combos since you get so much garbage sent at you from the tetris side that it becomes too difficult.

On PPT i've always hated Puyo Puyo only players because of how OP it is (not on Big Bang though)

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
O ho!

Hopefully this is a big push by Sega to bring Puyo Puyo to the west on its own based on PPT's success. I'm already in.

This move makes sense considering Puyo Puyo is officially recognized an esport by Japan's Esport Union.