• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2018/01/puyo-pu...anniversary-tv-show-2018-broadcast-february-4
DfjetLp.jpg

Sega will announce news regarding the Puyo Puyo series, as well as event information and more during a "Puyo Puyo Anniversary TV Show 2018″ broadcast on February 4 at 20:00 JST, the company announced. You will be able to watch it live on YouTube, Niconico, Fresh, and Periscope.

The blog post for the event reads: "During the broadcast, we will introduce new information on [smartphone game] Puyo Puyo Quest! Of course, we will also announce Puyo Puyo series news, so please look forward to it."

The descriptions on the live stream pages tease: "There will be lots of pleasant news regarding the Puyo Puyo series. Please be sure to watch this must-see program for Puyo Puyo fans."

Pleasant news! Maybe it'll be a non-mobile game.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Assuming Puyo Puyo Tetris sold well (which I'm pretty certain it did), I could definitely see a solo Puyo game coming to Switch/PS4.

Dec 18, 2017
I sure would like a Puyo Puyo game on Steam. I don't think Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine counts.

Though I wouldn't expect it.

Jonbjohns

Oct 27, 2017
Enough of this Nintendo stuff, here comes news of stuff that will hopefully be on my Nintendo.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'd love another Puyo game to play on my switch...localized of course. Then again something long overdue would be a remake of the dungeon crawler puyo is a spin-off of with the current art style and localized of course

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
I'm happy with Puyo Puyo Chronicles coming westside!

But hopefully we'll get a new game for Switch that we can import easily.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always up for more Puyo Puyo. Puyo Puyo Tetris was great but the game modes were a bit too limited, plus especially on Puyo Puyo the difficulty stopped scaling after a while, so you could get stuck in endless games basically. An expanded sequel would definitely be a buy for my Switch.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
I would love one of those Puyo Puyo RPGs in English. I'm guessing there won't be a lot of localization announcements here, though.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
...Yaaaay. Is it coming through Steam? I'd try it, if they were willing to localized it .

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No thanks. First of all, it only seems to capture the look of Puyo Puyo, while the gameplay seems to take cues from Puzzle & Dragons if anything. Second of all, seems to be the grindiest shit with microtransactions, farming and timers. Seems like the most generic, uninspired and most money-grabbing scheme they could have thought of basically that besides the looks seems to have nothing to do with Puyo Puyo. They should have just done a freaking Bejeweled Blitz or Zuma Blitz style Puyo Puyo game, they could even shove in a billion MTXs for all I care, just make it a quick and competitive Puyo Puyo game, not a faux RPG that mimics other games.

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
That's the mobile game, right? I wouldn't mind if it didn't get localized. Are they really hinting a Puyo Tetris PC port, though? Source? I'd grab it day one just to show my support.