• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing, really love Puyo Puyo.
I hope console versions will get JP audio eventually.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry y'all, this is the game Sonic Team actually put effort into last year

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
This is my most played game on Switch and for good reason. It is outstanding. Looking forward to more people being introduced to the brilliance that is Puyo Puyo.

Daknight

Oct 28, 2017
Surprise this wasn't on PC O_O Game is great and glad there are more options to get it!

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Woah! And dual audio too (definitive version)!

Surprising this is happening, are Ubi's rights expiring or did TTC relax/change their dumb guidelines?

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Don't sleep on this PC folks, had a blast with it on Switch :D Hopefully it gets an active community on PC.

Also don't skip the story mode, it's surprisingly hilarious and very well localised

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so happy this is finally happening. No more shitty Uplay Tetris.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent game. Anyone who likes tetris or puyo and hasn't picked this game up definitely should.

Can we get that dual audio on consoles tho?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if this means digital PS4/Xbox One releases are now possible too?

Just checked Steam and Ubisoft's jank Tetris Ultimate is still there.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
It's funny that when this was announced for the Japanese market, they said that it would never come over here because Ubisoft had the Tetris rights in the West. Now, it's on damn near everything.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, we get JP audio? Don't get why the Switch version couldn't have that, but it's good they're having at least one version with both VO options.

I like how the person playing for the trailer has no idea what he's doing.

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
It's mines, day one. Thank goodness it's coming over to PC. ❤️

EDIT:
zQf8S7o.png

Pre-orders are up already! I went ahead just to show my support for the Puyo series. It wasn't mentioned in OP, sohere's a link.It's pretty cheap compared to the console versions, too!

Last edited:

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Im still just gonna get it on Switch. Tried the demo and it seems to be working better on handheld than on PC for me.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
If you want to play just Tetris, you can play just Tetris. The story mode switches between both games and the various modes, but if you want a strictly arcade experience for Tetris, that's present and accounted for here.
I guess I'm in. I like Puyo too, but it's nice having a pure Tetris mode and I'm sure that's where I'll spend most of my time.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
It's funny that when this was announced for the Japanese market, they said that it would never come over here because Ubisoft had the Tetris rights in the West. Now, it's on damn near everything.
Tetris rights are a real thing. It's why the PS4 and XBO versions of Puyo Puyo Tetris were physical only.

PPT making it to Steam now either means Ubisoft's rights will end and their game will be delisted, or else The Tetris Company has changed licensing guidelines allowing competitive releases again.

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
Also, it's kinda weird to see Sega PC port being published by Sega of America, not by European division as usual.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy!

Got this game last year and spent lots of hours on it. Totally worth every penny for any puzzle games fan out there!